Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dawgstar posted:

Harper's very much a pet character of Snyder's and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, but you're right, I think she's been mentioned a little bit since he got off the Bat-books but there's not been much.

Her and her brother are main characters in the punchline backups in joker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I like Harper and I'm glad to see her getting used in other things. I think she does have potential.

Like I said in another thread though, making some OC Bruce Wayne's son is the kiss of death for this thing, unless it's a misdirect.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I like Harper and I'm glad to see her getting used in other things. I think she does have potential.

Like I said in another thread though, making some OC Bruce Wayne's son is the kiss of death for this thing, unless it's a misdirect.

It'd be really easy to retroactively make the character Tim or Damian who's using a fake name for "reasons."

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don’t think we’re ever correct on the “maybe it’s a fake name thing”

I don’t believe Skye was actually meant to be Quake until much later

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I must have confused this show with the upcoming game or something because I had sworn that this was going to be about characters like Dick Grayson and Stephanie Brown and not, like, friggin' Duela Dent?

I mean, the CW is a network that made a spin-off of a spin-off of the Vampire Diaries so it's not like they're above scrounging for any parts they can get their hands on, but still.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

I must have confused this show with the upcoming game or something because I had sworn that this was going to be about characters like Dick Grayson and Stephanie Brown and not, like, friggin' Duela Dent?

I mean, the CW is a network that made a spin-off of a spin-off of the Vampire Diaries so it's not like they're above scrounging for any parts they can get their hands on, but still.

CW made a spin-off of the spin-off of The Vampire Diaries.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The only reason I can see them using a new character instead of an existing one is royalty reasons but that doesn't explain why they are using the Rows.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

The only reason I can see them using a new character instead of an existing one is royalty reasons but that doesn't explain why they are using the Rows.

They've used both Tim and Damian in a poo poo ton of DTV animated stuff, and Tim is in Titans, so that doesn't make sense. Because both Tim and Dick are in Titans, I can see not wanting to use them for that reason, but you still got Damian.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Don't people like the Fright Night remake?

It loses a lot of what made the original so fun, but Farrel is the best part of it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bobkatt013 posted:

Her and her brother are main characters in the punchline backups in joker

Nice. Joker and his new moll are absolutely something I have no interest in reading about but I'm glad she's around.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
My problem with Harper is that her gimmick seemed to be "The bat family member who carries around big loving guns (taser or otherwise)" and also the fact that her brother seemed to be custom-tailored to act as her damsel in distress. I understand the protective older sibling orphan duo dynamic is a well established one, but adding superheroics on top of that just makes it seem like he'd be getting into Lois Lane levels of peril, except it's Gotham and he's a character created in the last 20 years, so the odds of him dying would be increased by about 50000%

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So the Knights show is a post-Batman gotham with a bunch of nobodies, and this is different from Batwoman how?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Opopanax posted:

So the Knights show is a post-Batman gotham with a bunch of nobodies, and this is different from Batwoman how?

Teenagers.

Hyper Sexualized Teenagers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Teenagers.

Hyper Sexualized Teenagers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm705Itp2OU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Nice. Joker and his new moll are absolutely something I have no interest in reading about but I'm glad she's around.

Joker is actually a shockingly good comic because the name's false advertising and it's actually a Jim Gordon story.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/PrimeVideo/status/1502701026796658689?t=A5NbVQ3o0L0vWZmP7gkdGg&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I think we might watch this show after finishing golden palace.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's the best comic book show that almost entirely ignores it's own source material.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It's the best comic book show that almost entirely ignores it's own source material.

iZombie has to be up there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
IZombie was great but the Boys is so batshit crazy and goes to some really hosed up places. Also the iZombie source material wasn't total poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

IZombie was great but the Boys is so batshit crazy and goes to some really hosed up places. Also the iZombie source material wasn't total poo poo.

Preacher, coincidently enough

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm curious, is that batch of animated shorts Amazon released for the Boys any good? I tried watching the actual show but it was paced like a prestige TV project so I got roundabout to the part where they start sexually harassing Starlight before I got impatient and tapped out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're kind of all over the place because they are written and directed by a bunch of different people.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Opopanax posted:

Preacher, coincidently enough

I still get irrationally angry when I see people talk about how Preacher was "So accurate to the comic, Seth Rogan really nailed it".

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

They're kind of all over the place because they are written and directed by a bunch of different people.

Still amazed at how one director stuffed one episode with so much meaningful emotional territory mined from his Korea background that it made an Andy Samburg script meaningful lol

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89U3ijE1jIo
New trailer for Ms. Marvel, looks pretty good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So those are the Quantum Bands (or a take on them anyway) I guess?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
really not thrilled about turning Kamala into Purple Lantern, curious how they'll justify that in interviews

Aphrodite posted:

So those are the Quantum Bands (or a take on them anyway) I guess?

the rumor I've heard is a lot weirder than that but we'll see

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Barry Convex posted:

What is it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Barry Convex posted:

really not thrilled about turning Kamala into Purple Lantern, curious how they'll justify that in interviews

You can't just say that and not follow up. :argh:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
alright fine, I'll post it here, don't blame me if it ends up being a legit spoiler:

the rumor is that Kamala's powers here are supernatural and come from her being descended from a djinn. the villains for the show are supposedly a very loose adaptation of the Clan Destine (yes, the Alan Davis characters), because of their shared djinn ancestry, I guess?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think that was shot down a few months ago.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

alright fine, I'll post it here, don't blame me if it ends up being a legit spoiler:

the rumor is that Kamala's powers here are supernatural and come from her being descended from a djinn. the villains for the show are supposedly a very loose adaptation of the Clan Destine (yes, the Alan Davis characters), because of their shared djinn ancestry, I guess?

...can't say I expected that particular pull of characters.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i dunno, i really don't like the power change, but I'm still gonna watch it anyways so :shrug: i guess

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

I'm still gonna watch it anyways so :shrug: i guess

How she gonna embiggen with purple lantern powers tho

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 15, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Like Armor from the X-Men I guess.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is a completely pointless complaint but I've always liked that Kamala stole the "embiggen" thing from The Simpsons and that's objectively gotten less funny since Disney became the owner of The Simpsons.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

maybe she just doesn't

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Barry Convex posted:

That's actually an interesting idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

site posted:

maybe she just doesn't

There are a couple of big fists in the trailer, I assume she'll still do big punches and stomps and whatnot.