Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Baker Mayfield is trash and will never win a title unless he is carried by an ungodly supporting cast. Browns fans need to understand this and move forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Rodgers contract signed. Details:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1503713949627437057

Lots of cap relief this season (approximately $19 million), bigger hit next but that's when the new TV contact starts. Wouldn't be surprised if a Davante Adams extension happens today now.

E:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1503718082136748035

E2: Tanier isn't happy

https://twitter.com/MikeTanier/status/1503718056111087618

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 15, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have evidence that he signed that contract over a week ago

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Lol, Jesus

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1503720086963634181?t=0Hpp6WnZCrg3CWI9TkOPHw&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

that’d be loving hilarious to see happen

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why are the Jags looking to move on from Shenault? Like he was one of the few players who wasn't completely hopeless and he's costs peanuts. They'll get like a 5th or something for him, do they really think that's better than keeping an option around for your young QB?

Rodgers Revenge

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Why are the Jags looking to move on from Shenault? Like he was one of the few players who wasn't completely hopeless and he's costs peanuts. They'll get like a 5th or something for him, do they really think that's better than keeping an option around for your young QB?
This is the same team that moved two starting quality corners for peanuts last year. And one of the top 3 backup QBs in the league. Baalke is bad, Khan is dumb, water wet.

Shenault has been mediocre at best, but just doesnt seem to exist on the field most of the time (from what I saw, its not like I watched every Jags game or anything).

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I was going to say this. Like he seems at the very least like a super athletic guy who can line up all over and who you can scheme easy completions for. Why not just keep him around as a WR4 who will play 15 snaps a game?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

A question philosophers have been pondering for decades.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What in the world

https://twitter.com/macwfnz/status/1503718424798715909?s=21

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Both Carolinahuddle and Saintsreport are just going back and forth over and over again. I’ll just be glad when it’s done.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

IIRC if a player retires with years left on the contract you spread the dead cap over a the remaining years in that contract, so really this is just a guarantee that the Packers don't trade him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Rodgers retires in 2 years the Packers will probably be poo poo anyway so who cares about a crazy dead cap hit for a year?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i care. i'm friends with ownership

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Rodgers retires in 2 years the Packers will probably be poo poo anyway so who cares about a crazy dead cap hit for a year?

Yeah exactly.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People said this about Brees retiring and now the Saints could re-tool and spend their way into Deshaun Watson and a new championship window.

There are always options to keep the music playing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Diva Cupcake posted:

People said this about Brees retiring and now the Saints could re-tool and spend their way into Deshaun Watson and a new championship window.

Yackety sax is the official song of the NFCE.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

If the Panthers pull the trigger and he's not part of the deal, it's gonna be hilarious when Darnold ends up on like the Seahawks or something

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Well my point is there’s no downside. Rodgers retires and there’s no heir in the wings? Oh well just eat the giant dead cap hit for a year, get through the season, and now you’re starting fresh. But if Rodgers retires and they have either a promising draft pick or are after a big FA QB? That’s great too, they can then maneuver the cap hit to make it far less painful.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cavauro posted:

i care. i'm friends with ownership
I try to not associate with such low class people but you do you.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol they'll just instantly find another hall of fame quarterback we'll never be free.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Fifth year options travel with the contract in a trade right? It would make a lot of sense to flip Love for picks this year or next offseason to a team that will pick it up for 2024 unless the Packers will try to extend him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns don’t you loving dare

https://twitter.com/sheena_marie3/status/1503708777152974848?s=21

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Baker Mayfield is trash and will never win a title unless he is carried by an ungodly supporting cast. Browns fans need to understand this and move forward

By last count Mayfield has 3300% less sexual crime allegations levied against him than Watson

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Some new poor fanbase could be stuck with Mayfield. *shakes head*

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The most Brownsian way this ends is we don't get Watson then Baker rebounds into Drew Brees territory and refuses to sign long term.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Let’s be fair…how do you sell a good player on the Browns?

“We’ll pay you a lot of money but how would you like to be miserable and destroy your soul?”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
E: nvm

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 15, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'll :lol: so hard if Aaron Rodgers gets injured this season and the Packers miss the playoffs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll :lol: so easy and relaxed that it makes you look like a drat freak

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Look at the bright side the Watson Progressive commercials with him living in the stadium are going to be somethin in the training room

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fartknocker posted:

that’d be loving hilarious to see happen

It's really not out of the question either after how erratic he's been

Like, if he feels like the Packers haven't done a good enough job at putting talent around him (which, let's be honest, he always feels like that), him leaving them in the lurch would not surprise me that much at all. I guess it doesn't matter all that much, but it would be really funny.

Gatts posted:

Let’s be fair…how do you sell a good player on the Browns?

“We’ll pay you a lot of money but how would you like to be miserable and destroy your soul?”

They actually have a pretty good pitch. They would've been a good team and a playoff team last year with better QB play

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1503756847051857932?t=aUBZ1kElkzXVKLRBe957Og&s=09

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1503758254077358080

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guess we know what Watson’s agent/the Houston texans wants everyone to think.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think the Texans really want to drive up the price on the other NFC South teams in on him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1503759162131505156?t=2iHSJmFlhf-czM6Ofk70yA&s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What happens with Matt Ryan if the Falcons do get Watson?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^ Trade him for a 1st presumably. Matt Ryan's contract is dirt cheap for a QB of even his diminished caliber.

Yeah, I don't know how the Falcons make any sense with that roster and Matt Ryan already extended and capped to hell and back.

Matt Ryan has $55m in prorated signing bonuses that hit the cap if he's traded.

The Falcons would need to cut/restructure to free up $20m just to move Matt Ryan out, let alone fit Watson under their current cap.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Schefter gonna report the bucs are also interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

hey buddy how would you like 3 games a year of christian mccaffery and the possibility of not having an offensive line

also bob mcadoo is calling plays

also we won't have a 1st rounder for three years

also we won't have a defense

Congrats on missing out on getting him