Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I didn't mention it but like many people I picked up the Forbidden West Platinum over the weekend for my first plat in forever :toot:

Now we'll find out in a couple weeks if I'm enjoying Stranger of Paradise enough to bash my head against CHAOS difficulty to get that plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dr. Eldarion posted:

:golfclap:

Now you can relax and just play normally again. Anything you're looking forward to just playing in a chill manner?

I've got a few things installed right now.

My trophy hunting never stops but here's what I see myself working on through summer (assuming there's no amazing deals on games or new games announced that we don't know about). Not all of these are intended platinums but most will.

Elden Ring ps4
House Flipper
Horizon FW
Far Cry Primal
Kena (maybe platinum but definitely doing everything except master
Stranger of Paradise
Astalon
Chicory
Gran turismo 7 (this is just a project that'll probably be on going for years)
Crysis 3
The Forgotten City (ps4)
Unravel 1/2
Hitman 2 (and then eventually Hitman 3)
Neo World Ends with You
Ender Lilies
Voice of Cards
Salt and Sanctuary
Moon
Sackboy
Tony Hawk remaster
Castlevania Advance

Honestly I am looking forward to Horizon Forbidden West but I'm waiting a bit as it's a huge open world adventure and that's what I finished recently.

So yeah I could stop buying games and I'd be set until the end of Summer easily. Which is fine because it doesn't seem like we've got a lot of major releases for a few months.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ineffiable posted:

Honestly I am looking forward to Horizon Forbidden West but I'm waiting a bit as it's a huge open world adventure and that's what I finished recently.

My save is like 105 hours but you could probably blitz the plat in less than half that time if that's your goal. I was just doing the "must complete as much as possible" stuff and traversing the world mostly on foot, but most of the trophies for side stuff (collectibles, activities, etc) unlocks well before you're even halfway done with them. Also, no difficulty trophy because Sony rules.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the only optional activity you have to be somewhat thorough about are the melee pits, every other trophy in Forbidden West is like "do this thing twice."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tony Hawk Remaster is an ugly platinum, the xp you get to reach level 100 is terribly slow.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

actively avoided using the word 'grind' in that post

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

elf help book posted:

Tony Hawk Remaster is an ugly platinum, the xp you get to reach level 100 is terribly slow.

I've heard it's a bit better with one of the last patches they did.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I'll have to check that out.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Platted Song of Memories yesterday.

Pretty decent VN, if you can get past boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs. Not up there with the greats, but solid enough that I actually cared about the characters/story enough not to feel tempted to just skip through large sections. The various routes/endings generally follow a similar pattern, but are different enough for it to feel like a real variety. Takes a while to really get to the interesting bit, though - according to the trophy that pops for it only 44% of people get that far.

Plat definitely needs a guide unless you want to spend a ton of time on it. After following all the routes in the guide, though, it was <1hr of cleanup to the plat.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 17, 2022

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Probably moving to Mass Effect 3 next so I can get the 100GB or however big the ME collection is off my SSD.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

So what's everyone working on this weekend?

After my massive dump of platinums it'll be a while before I get another but I'm going to work on Kena and Stranger of Paradise this weekend. For Kena, I'm just aiming to do everything except master mode.

I think I'll do the ps4 version of Forgotten City as my next actual platinum chase.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

So what's everyone working on this weekend?

After my massive dump of platinums it'll be a while before I get another but I'm going to work on Kena and Stranger of Paradise this weekend. For Kena, I'm just aiming to do everything except master mode.

I think I'll do the ps4 version of Forgotten City as my next actual platinum chase.

I’m still working on Elden Ring, I’m a little late to the party. I’m faffing about in Lakes after defeating Rennala. I just dumped a bunch of upgrades into an uchigatana +10 to try out different Ashes of War and FROM just nerfed several I was interested in, so that’s disheartening. I’ve still got my Bloodhound’s Fang that is working well, but this game seems to really want players to have multiple weapons they use for different situations.

I might respec, too.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 29, 2022

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'll also be working on Elden Ring this weekend. Kind of bummed they nerfed Hoarfrost Stomp; it was my fallback for if a boss was too hard. I won't be actively working for any other plats til ER is done so it can be my 30th plat, but I'll probably hop onto Train Sim World if I get too mad at any of the abominations in the lands between.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I think maybe I'm coming somewhat close to the end of Elden Ring? Just killed Fire Giant. The only things I've read on the web was making sure I'm on track to get all endings, so I wasn't using any of the OP gear and didn't get nerfed. Just a colossal sword and the heaviest shield and armor I could find. Been fat rolling for dozens of hours now. I'm really glad the platinum only requires one run because the game is already a little too long, even though I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I finished my second run of Trials of Mana during ER breaks. I still need a third playthrough for the plat. That's gonna be a tedious even though it should go quick.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

I think maybe I'm coming somewhat close to the end of Elden Ring? Just killed Fire Giant. The only things I've read on the web was making sure I'm on track to get all endings, so I wasn't using any of the OP gear and didn't get nerfed. Just a colossal sword and the heaviest shield and armor I could find. Been fat rolling for dozens of hours now. I'm really glad the platinum only requires one run because the game is already a little too long, even though I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I finished my second run of Trials of Mana during ER breaks. I still need a third playthrough for the plat. That's gonna be a tedious even though it should go quick.

Absolutely agreed, it would have been annoying to have to ng+ elden ring (though you could probably just ride your horse past a majority of stuff) but I appreciate that as long as you were careful with two side quests (and you have a lot of leeway with them) and a little save scum you can get all trophies in Ng1.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Well poo poo, I sold one of the legendary weapons for that Elder Ring trophy. Thought you just had to acquire them all, not have them all at one time. At least it's one of the early ones. Can just rush to it in NG+.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

So frustrating, I have all the weapons but still no trophy. I guess I'll have to get them all again in NG+! And I was so ready to be done with Elden Ring after that final boss. :smith:

E. All's well that ends well. Someone recommended dropping and picking them up again and it worked! Platinum number 30, my first FromSoft game beaten.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 21, 2022

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
My friend sent me Elden Ring on Steam so I won't be picking up the plat.

But I just finished Super Robot Wars X and am working on ANNO: Mutationem before starting Stranger of Paradise!

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

apophenium posted:

So frustrating, I have all the weapons but still no trophy. I guess I'll have to get them all again in NG+! And I was so ready to be done with Elden Ring after that final boss. :smith:

E. All's well that ends well. Someone recommended dropping and picking them up again and it worked! Platinum number 30, my first FromSoft game beaten.

Happened to me too. I put them all in storage and halfway through taking them all out, it popped. Anyway congrats! I still have the other collectibles and last couple bosses to go.

t-.-t
Nov 25, 2006

I finished up Okami HD a few days ago, which was still as fun as I remember it. I went really hard on using the Thief Glove and farming Demon Fangs, and by end game I had essentially maxed out all my items and was immune pretty much 24/7 while Issun was doing more damage than I was. I also had a pretty seamless fishing experience compared to last time; I remember spending hours trying to get one or two specific fish back on PS2, but here I probably spent no more than ten minutes looking for specific fish. I felt the final chapter was a bit weak, but honestly the game before that and everyone leading up to it was so amazing and beautiful I didn't mind in the least.

That was my 70th perfect game on Steam, and I'm looking to play Mass Effect: Legendary Edition next. I've only ever played the first game, so I'm looking forward to a mostly blind run.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've recently been made aware that Fall Guys is deprecating their old trophy list for a new identical one due to the Epic Games ownership transfer. The old list will become impossible to complete once the change occurs in May.

Coincidentally, there appears to be a game mode this weekend that is notoriously easy to score wins and fast to play, so I guess I'll be taking a shot at it. Maybe I can complete the trophy list for this game.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
I managed to raise my average completion rate to 26% on Steam! The latest big sources of achievements are Hatoful Boyfriend which I got to 100% (my sixth!) and currently Devil May Cry V, which I'm about 2/3 of the way through my first playthrough. I'm really curious to see the live-action versions of the cutscenes!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Trucker Hat posted:

I managed to raise my average completion rate to 26% on Steam! The latest big sources of achievements are Hatoful Boyfriend which I got to 100% (my sixth!) and currently Devil May Cry V, which I'm about 2/3 of the way through my first playthrough. I'm really curious to see the live-action versions of the cutscenes!

Increasing the completion rate feels so good right?

Here's a small update on my stuff. I now have these games as currently working on with partial playthroughs:

Elden Ring ps4
Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7 (honestly I just make a small amount of progress in this game every day, get my daily marathon miles and win a race or complete a challenge)
Stranger of Paradise (this I think will be the one I'm chasing right now to finish out before starting another game on the pile)

I'll also be starting 'A Memoir Blue' this weekend for a quick platinum. Looks like a short but sweet Annapurna game.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

1000/1000 on Lumines Remastered on Xbox this morning. I've already 100%'d the 360, Vita, and PS4 versions of Lumines so now I'm tempted to go back and finish up the PS3 version just for completion's sake.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Scored the platinum for Fall Guys. Sweet Thieves really is the best time for the 5-in-a-row trophy.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Revitalized posted:

Scored the platinum for Fall Guys. Sweet Thieves really is the best time for the 5-in-a-row trophy.

If I’m terrible at this game, is it still worth trying for the hard trophies this weekend with whatever event you’re referencing going on?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Referee posted:

If I’m terrible at this game, is it still worth trying for the hard trophies this weekend with whatever event you’re referencing going on?

So the one Hard truly hard trophy is that you need to win 5 games in a row. In normal circumstances that's pretty impossible if you're not good at this game because you have to go through multiple qualifying rounds and then seize the victory at the very end... five times in a row.

Sweet Thieves event is simple. The entire match consists of one single round. 6v6, attackers and defenders. This is like 2-4 minutes per game. Win 5 times in a row. If you're lucky, you get carried by your team a bunch. If you find a squad of people to play with (I jumped on the FG discord to grab another trophy hunter) and we just won 5 in a row on our first go.

Even if you are the worst Fall Guy ever, the odds of your team winning from time to time are pretty good so you'll knock out the 20 wins trophy as well. Before I grabbed a team to play with, I was trying it solo and ended up getting 4 out of 5 once.

I should note though, if you've virtually never touched the trophy list, it can take a while to platinum because there are certain trophies that require you to simply play a lot. It's a lot easier now due to squad modes and daily challenges. From what I understand, the trophy list becomes deprecated in May, so you have a limited (but substantial) amount of time left to play. Then they move everything to the new trophy list. Supposedly.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Revitalized posted:

So the one Hard truly hard trophy is that you need to win 5 games in a row. In normal circumstances that's pretty impossible if you're not good at this game because you have to go through multiple qualifying rounds and then seize the victory at the very end... five times in a row.

Sweet Thieves event is simple. The entire match consists of one single round. 6v6, attackers and defenders. This is like 2-4 minutes per game. Win 5 times in a row. If you're lucky, you get carried by your team a bunch. If you find a squad of people to play with (I jumped on the FG discord to grab another trophy hunter) and we just won 5 in a row on our first go.

Even if you are the worst Fall Guy ever, the odds of your team winning from time to time are pretty good so you'll knock out the 20 wins trophy as well. Before I grabbed a team to play with, I was trying it solo and ended up getting 4 out of 5 once.

I should note though, if you've virtually never touched the trophy list, it can take a while to platinum because there are certain trophies that require you to simply play a lot. It's a lot easier now due to squad modes and daily challenges. From what I understand, the trophy list becomes deprecated in May, so you have a limited (but substantial) amount of time left to play. Then they move everything to the new trophy list. Supposedly.

Lost the first game, won the next five in a row. :) Guess that means I can plat this one with some patience! Thanks for the heads-up!

Any of the other trophies particularly difficult or that I should grab while this mode is here besides 20 wins?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Referee posted:

Lost the first game, won the next five in a row. :) Guess that means I can plat this one with some patience! Thanks for the heads-up!

Any of the other trophies particularly difficult or that I should grab while this mode is here besides 20 wins?

Honestly the majority of it is just gonna be playing over and over. There's the one milestone trophy of qualifying through 500 rounds (given that each regular match you play is like 3-5 rounds on average, assuming you aren't eliminated early) and a lot of the stuff will just come naturally during your time of bumbling/bumping/tripping over other players.

Looking over the list, you'll probably place 1st in racing events 20 times in your quest for 500. A little bit of RNG but you'll get better as you play. I'm not sure if playing the squad mode counts for it, because your team placement is based on score averages at the end of each round.

The only real thing I'd say to watch out for is the trophy for getting a legendary piece of gear in every slot (upper clothing, bottom clothing, color and pattern) The reason for this is that the in-game shop rotates daily, so you need to save some crowns/coins to be ready to acquire them as soon as they show up in the store. Some people have claimed that it can take a while before a legendary color shows up in the store, so just keep your eyes peeled as you play it for daily challenges.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Revitalized posted:

Honestly the majority of it is just gonna be playing over and over. There's the one milestone trophy of qualifying through 500 rounds (given that each regular match you play is like 3-5 rounds on average, assuming you aren't eliminated early) and a lot of the stuff will just come naturally during your time of bumbling/bumping/tripping over other players.

Looking over the list, you'll probably place 1st in racing events 20 times in your quest for 500. A little bit of RNG but you'll get better as you play. I'm not sure if playing the squad mode counts for it, because your team placement is based on score averages at the end of each round.

The only real thing I'd say to watch out for is the trophy for getting a legendary piece of gear in every slot (upper clothing, bottom clothing, color and pattern) The reason for this is that the in-game shop rotates daily, so you need to save some crowns/coins to be ready to acquire them as soon as they show up in the store. Some people have claimed that it can take a while before a legendary color shows up in the store, so just keep your eyes peeled as you play it for daily challenges.

Cool. I looked at the list too and I think I probably just need to knock out Squad Goals this weekend and then I can grind the rest out. Joined the Discord, we’ll see if I can scare up a couple more players. Thanks again for the help!

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
How long is this Sweet Thieves event in Fall Guys going on for or is it a permanent fixture of the game at this point?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HONKER24 posted:

How long is this Sweet Thieves event in Fall Guys going on for or is it a permanent fixture of the game at this point?

This weekend. Apparently FG has an events calendar or something on twitter or somewhere. Not sure if it'll come up again before May when they supposedly change trophy lists.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

HONKER24 posted:

The wiki seems to indicate it’s just for this weekend for now but that it’s also going to eventually be part of the full game? It’s a little unclear.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Referee posted:

The wiki seems to indicate it’s just for this weekend for now but that it’s also going to eventually be part of the full game? It’s a little unclear.

I haven't played since Season 1 but I had thought it was probably a level from the main game's level shuffling, and that the event was specifically just this level on loop.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Well this was a productive weekend.

Platinum 329 and 330:

A Memoir Blue

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin

I think I'm ready to dive back into Horizon Forbidden West which is probably my next big game platinum. I hope we get some good sales over the next month because I'm starting to crack through the backlog and there's like practically no new games coming out for the summer.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm swapping gears from Stranger of Paradise to Ghostwire Tokyo because I'm feeling lightly burned out from third person action rpgs due to spending a bunch of time on Elden Ring.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
No new completions for me as I’m still working through Elden Ring on PS5. I did, however, tackle a couple of multiplayer achievements on Steam for XCOM 1 & 2 as the latter just got shut down the other day.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ineffiable posted:

Well this was a productive weekend.

Platinum 329 and 330:

A Memoir Blue

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin

I think I'm ready to dive back into Horizon Forbidden West which is probably my next big game platinum. I hope we get some good sales over the next month because I'm starting to crack through the backlog and there's like practically no new games coming out for the summer.

assuming you can get trophies on all of the games that have them, the new PS gamepass is gonna be a huge boon for you I think

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
I was going through my Steam library and found Feather, which gives you a 100% completion for booting it up.

7th completion done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I didn't manage that much for trophies but I did get gold on all licenses in gran turismo 7 which is arguably the hardest individual trophy there. The rest of it is essentially some form of grinding and the biggest road block is the 3 legendary le man cars trophy.

Slowly chipping away at horizon forbidden west as well.