Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Can't imagine how you fight mid-late guests with unleveled floor. 4 max light and no Abnormality card. You can't even play 3 costs card more than twice.

At least Binah and Hokma doesn't cap emotion level.

It requires very different deckbuilding considerations that’re a step closer to what’s optimal in a Realization. You need to be able to consistently recoup your Light costs over a long period of time, and you generally want to lean more on cost neutral pages like Collision or 2-costs than on big 3-cost pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lost dms, but TeeQueue would you still be cool with me showing the 3 turn kills for bosses?

Verant posted:

Ah right, now I remember why I took a break from Ruina - still can't get past Xiao and Price of Silence, with the latter even beating a team of Precepts and Hokma going Iori-Block and using the P key that the game never tells you about - just can't manage to burn down a specter in 1 turn 9 times out of 10.

Did at least get the achievement for Hokma's floor in an attempt, though.

Fairy blends Xiao, even with her debuff resist.

Can't imagine how you fight mid-late guests with unleveled floor. 4 max light and no Abnormality card. You can't even play 3 costs card more than twice.

At least Binah and Hokma doesn't cap emotion level.

Some of the general reception pages added are really drat powerful. If you limited those it'd take a lot of planning I'd imagine.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I don’t particularly mind, no. I think it’s pretty clear that I’m not playing the system to its minmaxy fullest. :v:

ArchiveLurker
Sep 5, 2009
Finally got around to finishing the game. Probably shouldn't have insisted on a Nix strategy for the Ensemble Distorted, but hey a clown got to kill Philip so who's to say whether it's a good idea or not? Good game, though I definitely gotten my fill by the end. Probably be a while before I go back to play with the post game cards.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeeQueue posted:

I don’t particularly mind, no. I think it’s pretty clear that I’m not playing the system to its minmaxy fullest. :v:

Sure but it just feels polite to double check. :shobon:

Think you'll show off any of the fight mods? There's a few really good ones like the Raven mod, though a bunch of the english speaking tryhard modders got sucked into afterglow before it imploded.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Think you'll show off any of the fight mods? There's a few really good ones like the Raven mod, though a bunch of the english speaking tryhard modders got sucked into afterglow before it imploded.

The only way I see me doing a mod is if it somehow fits into the overarching bullshit that I'm doing already, and since that'd be a lot of custom work from me, a person with 0 artistic talent and even less programming knowledge, I don't think I'm going to be doing any of them in the LP thread. They're a bit beyond the scope of what I'm doin'.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Cripes, finally managed to beat Xiao - went Gebura to burn down Miris before he did too much damage, then Binah for most of Xiao's fight - remembering to finally change Binah's librarians into something other than a Thumb firing squad helped. Xiao still kicked that floor's rear end, but by that point she was weak enough that Gebura's floor was able to come in for the finisher.

Which just leaves Distorted Yan and Chesed, Binah, and pretty much the majority of Hokma's abnormalities as my next fights, yaaaay...!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Verant posted:

Cripes, finally managed to beat Xiao - went Gebura to burn down Miris before he did too much damage, then Binah for most of Xiao's fight - remembering to finally change Binah's librarians into something other than a Thumb firing squad helped. Xiao still kicked that floor's rear end, but by that point she was weak enough that Gebura's floor was able to come in for the finisher.

Which just leaves Distorted Yan and Chesed, Binah, and pretty much the majority of Hokma's abnormalities as my next fights, yaaaay...!
Good news is that Bi An will make Hokma's fights a joke. Lean Bloody Wings is an amazing ability, especially paired with an entire team throwing around Combat Preparation.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Now I gotta ask: How much is the emotion weighting for all 4 part of Nix Tiphereth combo (Hate, Despair, Greed, Wrath) and Mountain of Corpses?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Now I gotta ask: How much is the emotion weighting for all 4 part of Nix Tiphereth combo (Hate, Despair, Greed, Wrath) and Mountain of Corpses?
Mountain of Corpses is the -2 I was talking about here:

GilliamYaeger posted:

Yeah it's the -2 weighting on Obsession that cripples her. It basically means you need more red coins than green coins if you want to see it come up, which in turn means you need to deliberately build your nuggets around getting it. For context, in order to reliably get a -2 II card I needed to gimp all but one of my nuggets by slapping garbage cards like Opportunity Spotted on them and have them lose every clash I could. And Obsession is such a powerful card because it boosts your entire team, so doing that basically renders it useless.
where I gimped 4/5 nuggets. Of course, the fifth nugget was Gebura who proceeded to curbstomp the rest of the fight with genuinely silly amounts of strength. It was great.

Hate is -1, Despair is -2, Greed AND Wrath are...both -1? Must be a typo, one of them must be -0 since Magical Girls is -2. But yeah they're all the bottom end of red re: weighting so you pretty much have to go all in on those reds.

In contrast, Binah's exodia is +0 I, -1 I, -0 II so it's a lot more practical. As long as you grab Big Eyes in the first two pulls you're good to go on The Beast.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 9, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It’s not a typo.

The emotion system is even more silly than you think it is.

And I’m going to have to explain it.

This is why I’m waiting for after Malkuth Realization to do it. :shepface:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

TeeQueue posted:

It’s not a typo.

The emotion system is even more silly than you think it is.

And I’m going to have to explain it.

This is why I’m waiting for after Malkuth Realization to do it. :shepface:

So long as you post Hod's Emotion Coin Class while doing it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

So long as you post Hod's Emotion Coin Class while doing it.

That’d have red mist spoilers, can’t do it

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Ruina: Star of the City is proving itself tricky. I've beaten the first episode of Liu Section 2, Dong-Hwan, Night Awls, Udjat and Blue Reverberation. Still gotta go back for Allen's page, and I couldn't beat the Thumb's first episode. I'm not sure how to proceed from here, other than to give the Mountain of Smiling Bodies fight a try.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pages with single big dice are very good against them.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'm trying to use a mod to respawn a bunch of EGO gear that I lost in Lobcorp thanks to a bullshit glitch. The instructions I got for the console command to spawn new EGO is listed here and it's not working. I don't know what to do and my streaming night is ruined if I can't figure this out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Have you tried any other console commands to confirm whether your console is actually enabled

There's a method here to unlock the console without a mod

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Reinstalling the mod worked.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Woo, that's my last Star of the City realization down! Giving the Cowardly Lion role to my Xiao librarian pretty much let me delete that phase entirely, AND get the achievement for having 15 strength on a single librarian to boot.

Now I just have to deal with Religion's 3rd abnormality - probably not reading its passive right, since it seems like the Blue Star Worshippers don't get deleted by the star when they're staggered? Or do they only die if they're staggered when the Mass Attack fires off?

also still gotta fight Distorted Typewriter

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Verant posted:

Now I just have to deal with Religion's 3rd abnormality - probably not reading its passive right, since it seems like the Blue Star Worshippers don't get deleted by the star when they're staggered? Or do they only die if they're staggered when the Mass Attack fires off?

In effect, they only get deleted if they're staggered at the end of the turn, because Into the Star's Embrace only checks for targets once per turn. Worshippers whose stagger drops to zero due to the Blue Gleam of Hope (deals stagger damage to all worshippers whenever a staggered one gets deleted by the star) don't get killed.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Thanks to the power of Youtube, I discovered Distorted Yan's weakness - turns out Disposal used on the counter dice kinda sorta...removes all of their counter dice, leaving them completely open to attack. Still lost a few librarians to the mass attacks, but now, it's finally Impuritas Civitas time!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Knowing you all, it's going to be one of the first two.

I'd bet all my chips on it in a heartbeat.
First one's Shi because four exclamation marks (should have also moved the Sweepers above it so it'd be in the fourth slot), second's Circus because "bet all my chips" is a reference to Emma and Noah working in the gambling-focused Wing.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

(should have also moved the Sweepers above it so it'd be in the fourth slot)

I can't even say that you're wrong about this. I was only 95% extra :negative:

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

GilliamYaeger posted:

First one's Shi because four exclamation marks (should have also moved the Sweepers above it so it'd be in the fourth slot), second's Circus because "bet all my chips" is a reference to Emma and Noah working in the gambling-focused Wing.

Crap! I thought it was the other way around since the Circus is a boss fight.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Look what I found! I haven't watched past what I've played in the game, but what I have seen is pretty ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylRRvl74Ksc

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Gotta say, Hokma's Realization wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, given what it threw at me.

...granted I did give him Iori's page with Overcharge in the block deck, so he wasn't really in much danger at all. Still though, all that's left now is Apocalypse Bird! Wheeee.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Solitair posted:

Look what I found! I haven't watched past what I've played in the game, but what I have seen is pretty ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylRRvl74Ksc

The entirety of Urban Nightmare feels like it can be summed up as the latest guests opening the door to the Floor of Tech and immediately getting cut down in a hail of gunfire, it's magnificent :allears:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Just 7 hours of unga bunga viperwave

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Probe 17 posted:

The entirety of Urban Nightmare feels like it can be summed up as the latest guests opening the door to the Floor of Tech and immediately getting cut down in a hail of gunfire, it's magnificent :allears:

this also sums up later fights where it's just dropping Solemn Lament on the bad guy for infinite damage

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Forgive me LPer, for I have sinned.

I got tired of waiting. I binged Youtube videos going through Ruina. I know all of it, all the Receptions, all of the Abnormality Battles, all the Floor Realizations, the twists, all of it. I can see some of your plans clearly now: Bishop's rivalry with Phillip is a set-up for when Malkuth's floor will receive him during the Reception of the Reverberation Ensemble. You're having Roland fight in every battle he has a memory card of in, which means his floors will be active (if only in a clean-up capacity like he did during Love Town) during the Shi Association, Liu Association/Xiao and Iori fights, at minimum (Olivier's fight and his duel with Argalia are forced solos so that technically covers them, though I'm not counting out you using him during the first Hana Association reception or the Argalia + gearhead fights).

I can no longer speculate, for I have been tainted by The Spoilers. I must stay more quiet than usual in the thread now.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Forgive me LPer, for I have sinned.

I got tired of waiting. I binged Youtube videos going through Ruina. I know all of it, all the Receptions, all of the Abnormality Battles, all the Floor Realizations, the twists, all of it. I can see some of your plans clearly now: Bishop's rivalry with Phillip is a set-up for when Malkuth's floor will receive him during the Reception of the Reverberation Ensemble. You're having Roland fight in every battle he has a memory card of in, which means his floors will be active (if only in a clean-up capacity like he did during Love Town) during the Shi Association, Liu Association/Xiao and Iori fights, at minimum (Olivier's fight and his duel with Argalia are forced solos so that technically covers them, though I'm not counting out you using him during the first Hana Association reception or the Argalia + gearhead fights).

I can no longer speculate, for I have been tainted by The Spoilers. I must stay more quiet than usual in the thread now.
Ah, the curse of knowledge. If you're curious, the biggest cheese in the game I mentioned in-thread is attributing Gebura and Myo to someone on Yesod's floor and using Chained Wrath for INFINITE SPEED.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Huh. I could have sworn that The Page of the Red Mist could only be equipped to Gebura and to nobody else.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Equipped, yes.

Attributed to put on its passives? Heck no.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, with Bishop's whole gun nerd thing, I hope that means he'll be rocking Thumb pages as soon as they're unlocked until endgame.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I imagine fighting Shi, Blue Reverberation/ Church of Gear, and Xiao using Roland would be difficult.

You only unlocked Keter 4th Librarian after unlocking Chesed and Gebura. Gebura is unlocked after Shi Association. So Roland is outnumbered and Shi's named member have 2 Speed Dice. And Roland needs to be the one delivering killing blow. In SotC, I certainly won't expect Blue Reverberation/Church of Gear to be the first pick.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

I imagine fighting Shi, Blue Reverberation/ Church of Gear, and Xiao using Roland would be difficult.

You only unlocked Keter 4th Librarian after unlocking Chesed and Gebura. Gebura is unlocked after Shi Association. So Roland is outnumbered and Shi's named member have 2 Speed Dice. And Roland needs to be the one delivering killing blow. In SotC, I certainly won't expect Blue Reverberation/Church of Gear to be the first pick.

Well, like I said, he could have a more developed floor take care of most of it, deliberately get them killed and then call Keter in for a mop-up and still have it count. Again, Love Town.

Also, I forget-can you technically attribute passives and still use the Key Page they're from? It seems a waste to lose out on all of Gebura's fun toys like the Great Splits and so forth for that Yesod Chained Wrath strat.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I'm just gonna say right now that if you think you've got my plans figured out you're either correct, incorrect, or partially correct. :colbert:

But yes I am telegraphing many things to people familiar with the game and only one of them is particularly subtle.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Junpei posted:

Well, like I said, he could have a more developed floor take care of most of it, deliberately get them killed and then call Keter in for a mop-up and still have it count. Again, Love Town.

Also, I forget-can you technically attribute passives and still use the Key Page they're from? It seems a waste to lose out on all of Gebura's fun toys like the Great Splits and so forth for that Yesod Chained Wrath strat.

Nope, so you'll have to fiddle with pages any time you want to hop from Yesod to Gebura.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah, using Super Yesod means that Gebura is functionally unusable, which kinda sucks since Gebura is so damned fun to use. But it's not THAT big a loss mechanically since you've still got powerful floors like Binah and Chesed if you really need multiple floors.

I do wish you got the Page of Gebura she was using in the final battle after beating the game though. That way you could use both Gebura and Super Yesod...Ah well.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
One thing that I hope TeeQueue doesn't use too much is Mountain of Corpses. Yeah it's fun to give Gebura all she needs to solo it all but it'd also mean missing out on nugget convos.