Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Kickstarter is eating poo poo currently, so i dont expect to get a signed one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Dizz posted:

Ok thanks; isn't just me...

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Dizz posted:

Same, been trying to get through ever since it went live. gently caress this.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

16 minutes and it's already funded.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Tried for 20 minutes, kept getting notifications that something was going wrong when I selected my payment. Just got the confirmation that I backed it. Thanks Kickstarter.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

do i just let the page sit at the payment screen and hope it completes it's loading? should I try multiple tabs? should i just keep refreshing and try again?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

1700 signed ones left and I can't check out

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

1700 signed ones left and I can't check out

1000~ left and i still can't send payment

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
i mean i don't know the guy, but i bet if you get an unsigned one and see him at a convention in the future he'd sign it

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I've been on the checkout page on my phone for 25 minutes now and it's equally stopped up on my PC. This is fuckin stupid.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I think the Kickstarter will be a success, anyway

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I guess everyone is having the same Kickstarter problem, lol. You'd think they would have the infrastructure to handle people lots of pledging but whatever. Don't really care about a foil stamp anyway.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Was able to pledge for 2 of the regular Academics, apparently you can only pledge for one of the LE signed ones. The expandable space filler is a really good idea.

:stare: Holy poo poo this is already at 200K.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Jiro posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo this is already at 200K.

The demand for a top quality deck box is very high, and this reaches that standard with a very reasonable price tag. I'm not surprised it's a home run.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Framboise posted:

The demand for a top quality deck box is very high, and this reaches that standard with a very reasonable price tag. I'm not surprised it's a home run.

How much did the last Game Knights Ultra Pro Kickstarter end up going for?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like it went for 60. And that's just their own branding on Ultra Pro's Mythic Alcove, which seems to retail for $54.99 on their own site.

This feels like it's held to a higher standard as it was something specifically designed for someone who is extremely persnickety about deck boxes and reviews them as part of their living.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Framboise posted:

Looks like it went for 60. And that's just their own branding on Ultra Pro's Mythic Alcove, which seems to retail for $54.99 on their own site.

This feels like it's held to a higher standard as it was something specifically designed for someone who is extremely persnickety about deck boxes and reviews them as part of their living.

There we go thank you for finding that. That price is definitely what kept me away from it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Well I'm pretty sold on snagging at least one of these boxes, thanks thread!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Request went through on my final attempt only to get an error that the tier had run out. Excellent.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Aesthetically I prefer the TCC shield on the inside than the signature. It would be cool to get his actual signature on the inside flap someday though. That and I'm hoping stretch goals include having different colors that coordinated with his suit and shirt colors he's worn over the years and maybe even changing the inside shield color to a bronze or gold.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

unfortunate. couldn't get the cool silver stamped signature, but i did pledge the basic.

shame i can't get the exclusively rare 2x double signature combo.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

The trick for future campaigns is to back one of the regular tiers and then swap to the limited one. The interface for the swap lets you click confirm again once it times out so you can just spam it until it works. The regular one just times out and you have no idea if it's working. Found that out in the comments.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
maybe i'm just a baby player but i just use the smaller deck only boxes, and then my own backpack that i bring anywhere anyway.

I can't find any of my preferred boxes, I only have about 10 or so, but I got the Dragon Shield Gaming Strongboxes for a lil less than :tenbux: a piece

I wish they still made these, apparently they are out of print and going for like 40 bucks on ebay.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Grevlek posted:

maybe i'm just a baby player but i just use the smaller deck only boxes, and then my own backpack that i bring anywhere anyway.

I can't find any of my preferred boxes, I only have about 10 or so, but I got the Dragon Shield Gaming Strongboxes for a lil less than :tenbux: a piece

I wish they still made these, apparently they are out of print and going for like 40 bucks on ebay.

I had these bookmarked (they were like $2 a piece), but I guess they're out now: https://www.dacardworld.com/supplies/bcw-clear-deck-keeper

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I also missed the early bird signed box due to KS shenanigans, but that’s alright. The box looks cool, and I don’t currently own any proper deck boxes, so I’m happy to have this as my first.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

"Bad news: it looks like your pledge to The Academic 133+ XL wasn’t successful. That’s because there was a limited number of the reward you selected, and they’re all gone. If you didn’t get a confirmation email from us about this pledge, that means the pledge wasn’t successful, and you can ignore any authorization emails you get from our payment processor."

Thanks for rubbing salt on the wound, Kickstarter :cripes:

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

I had these bookmarked (they were like $2 a piece), but I guess they're out now: https://www.dacardworld.com/supplies/bcw-clear-deck-keeper

you just broke my heart batterypowered7

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Grevlek posted:

you just broke my heart batterypowered7

In-stock here: https://www.hobbiesdepot.com/supplies/BCW-Deck-Keeper-100-150-Gaming-Card-Clear-Plastic-Friction-Fit-Storage-Box

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

TotalHell posted:

I also missed the early bird signed box due to KS shenanigans, but that’s alright. The box looks cool, and I don’t currently own any proper deck boxes, so I’m happy to have this as my first.

Yeah I'm only buying one, cause I'm in camp Stanley Toolbox for storing multiple decks, but having a nice fancy one will make me feel cool

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Prof closing in on one million dollary doos! Dude's a bigger pillar of the community than most pros. So happy to see the Kickstarter do well.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm really really curious as to what the stretch goals are and if a lot have already been made.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Jiro posted:

I'm really really curious as to what the stretch goals are and if a lot have already been made.

I mean we’re over 80% of the way to a million dollars. The original goal was only 50K. I have to imagine most have been unlocked.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaeldlynch/status/1503809741738311682

Lynch posted a statement about the poo poo from yesterday earlier this afternoon.

It's honestly what he loving should have said first than whipping out videos and talking about someone else's sex life.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Jiro posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaeldlynch/status/1503809741738311682

Lynch posted a statement about the poo poo from yesterday earlier this afternoon.

It's honestly what he loving should have said first than whipping out videos and talking about someone else's sex life.

Yeah that’s a really bad look to have first gone full loving offense and then later come out with some contrite statement like this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Let’s see which content creators take the plunge and go on the show after this. Tbh I’ve already seen a handful of folks coming out with really impassioned “there has to be a path forward” takes which is good to see. I’ve never been a big fan of the “everyone who has ever done a bad thing in their whole life should remove themselves from
society forever”, because it’s kind of toxic and leads to purity brigades and witch hunts. The next episode in the tank was supposed to be Hermit Druid & Rebel, which probably would have been their biggest and most engaged with video at least for cEDH. Hopefully this will be a flashpoint for the community and we can become accepting of people who have made mistakes and show contrition. I’d rather be a member of that kind of community than one that determines what kind of person you are based entirely on something you did 5-7 years before you were even a member of that community. Interesting to see how it plays out and who will still support them. Little Rebs was spiraling yesterday, you can tell she isn’t happy but also really loves IHYD and to his credit Lynch was using his platform to promote women, POC, and Trans voices in the community. That was intentional, and deliberate, and very good for us as a whole. Maybe that Lynch is the one we can all work towards having in our safe spaces.

I’m over the moon for Prof. A million bucks! Can’t wait for my box, I wonder what stretch goodies are gonna look like!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno how to feel about Lynch specifically because he's been using his platform for that reason, which is good. The way he is handling this situation and what he did in the past whatever is... not. We'll see where it goes. A shame too, I'm a fan of Rebell and Anomolee so I was looking forward to that episode.

Also looking forward to seeing what the stretch goals were/are. I really wonder if those were something already predetermined (and probably skyrocketed past) or if they're something that will be set past the point we're at now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I seriously doubt the Prof would be so greedy as to set the stretch goals PAST the 850% funding he’s already raised. I really don’t think anyone was expecting him to clear 250k

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

I seriously doubt the Prof would be so greedy as to set the stretch goals PAST the 850% funding he’s already raised. I really don’t think anyone was expecting him to clear 250k

I didn't either until about 10 minutes into the KS and seeing how fast the boxes were going. I had a pretty good feeling he'd at least break 500k and he did that literally less than an hour later.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Alright, these are stretch goals I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tolarian/the-academic-133-xl?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=The%20Academic

Stretch goals, at least the cleared ones, revealed. I'm curious as to what kind of stache Prof will be wearing and for how long. I really want some color options.

Either Lemmystache, or the Hollywood Hogan route of having an all black beard save for bleach blonde handlebar mustache

Jiro fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 16, 2022