Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tree Goat posted:

unfortunately have to correct you that they went for "shave me" as the parody for that particular song as used by homer's grunge band "sadgasm" from S19E11 "that 90's show," sorry bud.

he also did a rush parody called "margerine"

literally can't tell if this is true or a good joke post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
bush parody. rush would've been wild

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

precision posted:

literally can't tell if this is true or a good joke post

it is true other than the typo:

Riptor posted:

bush parody. rush would've been wild

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

apparently last night’s episode was the first to be made by the ladies:
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-simpsons-kumail-nanjiani-episode-720-clip-1235202182/

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Bout time the dames started pulling their weight

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
“NeighborHub” isn't bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i watched an episode a few weeks ago that was like... fine. it made me chuckle. not as bad as i had come to expect based on everything in the 2010s

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

“NeighborHub” isn't bad.
at least it’s not MextDoor

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

die
Simpsons
die

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Rewatched most of season 1. Some top tier stuff in there, Albert Brooks as the RV salesman is gold.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

No film in German could be bad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TengenNewsEditor posted:

No film in German could be bad

Der Zimmer

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

I actually like this! I'm guessing the fourth guy is supposed to be Al Jean?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I actually like this! I'm guessing the fourth guy is supposed to be Al Jean?
I think it’s James L Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean and David Silverman L-R

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1503726209389285376?s=21

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I literally gasped

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao epic

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Huh.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

He’s Birch Barlow’s son I bet

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Episode idea.

Marge starts a YouTube channel and gets cancelled by angry Burlesque dancers as a Sex Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminist.

She nearly gets her channel pulled until she does a song and dance routine to convince the town that her point of view enriches the national conversation until someone sends a contend ID request that nukes her channel.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Christ, nu-Simpsons is mostly just sad but this is actually kinda disgusting

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

goldmine

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He looks like someone used a fan character generator to make themselves, and posed a scene.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Oh, its a 'parody' not a guest spot. At least it will piss off everyone.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

Christ, nu-Simpsons is mostly just sad but this is actually kinda disgusting

There have been a few episodes over the years that really hints at the modern writers being right wing, or at least right-leaning. There's the infamous Burns At College episode, but also the episode where they "addressed" the Apu controversy by directly saying racist characatures give stories soul and personality, and also only whiny libs should care about net neutrality.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Jordan Peterson! What are you doing in Springfield?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

spaceblancmange posted:

Jordan Peterson! What are you doing in Springfield?

"Getting off benzos"

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

spaceblancmange posted:

Oh, its a 'parody' not a guest spot. At least it will piss off everyone.

Moe Mogan

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Why do all modern characters and guest stars look like their heads are full of tumors?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hrist posted:

He looks like someone used a fan character generator to make themselves, and posed a scene.

isnt this most celeb cameos these days?

A celeb of a certain powerlevel is never going to allow their face/image to be "massaged" to fit in with a cartoon's art style so you just get stuff like Rogan or that time Bradd Pitt of Matt Damon cameo d in Arthur.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Noe Jokean

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

You Are A Elf posted:

Why do all modern characters and guest stars look like their heads are full of tumors?

Thats just what Joe Rogan looks like.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In the new one, Homer gets locally canceled for leaving the dog in the car while getting ice cream. Then he gets pissed off at church when the sermon is about him and has a freakout speech at the altar that ends in him accidentally knocking Rev. Lovejoy through a stained glass window.

Video of this becomes a worldwide meme. Mr. Burns takes out a TV ad to publicly fire him, which is pretty good but they didn't post a clip:

https://twitter.com/mattselman/status/1503163408752910338

Homer reaches his low point when his family goes to Prawn-a-Thon at Dead Lobster without him because they didn't want to be seen with him.

He's approached by a guy (Kumail Nanjiani) who offers to help him scrub his reputation. He teams Homer with other canceled people (Helen Lovejoy who went Karen and called 911 on Sherri and Terri selling lemonade, and Kirk who freaked out on a soccer coach for not taking Milhouse out of a game so the team could win, and two others who aren't normal Simpsons characters so who cares). At first they do good deeds, but when that doesn't work, Kumail reveals the good deeds were just training to infiltrate the server farm that hosts all the clickbait headline ads on the internet and upload a code he's written to scrub the entire internet of their offending videos.

Homer makes it to the server and finds out the code is also going to erase the crimes of a bunch of horrible people. He removes the USB drive and presses a "worldwide broadcast" button and reads an apology Lisa had written for him to read at church. Kumail Nanjiani is murdered by his shadowy benefactors.

No couch gag again. Maybe they're gone for good.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PhazonLink posted:

isnt this most celeb cameos these days?

A celeb of a certain powerlevel is never going to allow their face/image to be "massaged" to fit in with a cartoon's art style so you just get stuff like Rogan or that time Bradd Pitt of Matt Damon cameo d in Arthur.

I feel like cameos in the older seasons were a little more recognizable. Joe Rogan didn't even look like he had facial hair in the twitter thumbnails. Looking at it again, I can see stubble, I guess. The Simpsons thing just looks like a random bald man. Or like an over designed extra. I dunno. The whole show is a mess.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Again, it's a parody not a cameo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PostNouveau posted:

Homer reaches his low point when his family goes to Prawn-a-Thon at Dead Lobster without him because they didn't want to be seen with him.

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

PostNouveau posted:

In the new one, Homer gets locally canceled for leaving the dog in the car while getting ice cream. Then he gets pissed off at church when the sermon is about him and has a freakout speech at the altar that ends in him accidentally knocking Rev. Lovejoy through a stained glass window.

Video of this becomes a worldwide meme. Mr. Burns takes out a TV ad to publicly fire him, which is pretty good but they didn't post a clip:

https://twitter.com/mattselman/status/1503163408752910338

He's approached by a guy (Kumail Nanjiani) who offers to help him scrub his reputation. He teams Homer with other canceled people (Helen Lovejoy who went Karen and called 911 on Sherri and Terri selling lemonade, and Kirk who freaked out on a soccer coach for not taking Milhouse out of a game so the team could win, and two others who aren't normal Simpsons characters so who cares). At first they do good deeds, but when that doesn't work, Kumail reveals the good deeds were just training to infiltrate the server farm that hosts all the clickbait headline ads on the internet and upload a code he's written to scrub the entire internet of their offending videos.

Homer makes it to the server and finds out the code is also going to erase the crimes of a bunch of horrible people. He removes the USB drive and presses a "worldwide broadcast" button and reads an apology Lisa had written for him to read at church. Kumail Nanjiani is murdered by his shadowy benefactors.

No couch gag again. Maybe they're gone for good.

you don't have to do this