Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I already knew I had this fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Somehow this and this:

Are not equivalent...

If he was having the bottles thrown at him, I would be equally impressed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

If he was having the bottles thrown at him, I would be equally impressed.

me too but what does that have to do with the swordwork

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
https://i.imgur.com/NNUqnIx.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
As absolutely cringeworthy as those gifs are, I know in my heart of hearts that I would do the same poo poo if someone was stupid enough to give me a sword.

Unlike the guys in those gifs however, I'm smart enough not to film it and put it on the internet.

I would hide my shame like a normal person.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

plastic bottles would be pretty low on my list of things to cut up with a sword

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
first weeb what didn't require a 4XL kimono, impressive.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
https://i.imgur.com/UIW3Fpu.mp4

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

plastic bottles would be pretty low on my list of things to cut up with a sword

Fruit salade is where it's at!

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

As absolutely cringeworthy as those gifs are, I know in my heart of hearts that I would do the same poo poo if someone was stupid enough to give me a sword.

Unlike the guys in those gifs however, I'm smart enough not to film it and put it on the internet.

I would hide my shame like a normal person.

Coward. This brave Ronin is not only practicing his art and recording it for the world, he's doing it in his front lawn, where anybody could see it.

Although apparently someone in this home also does bicep curls while seated in a lawn chair out front, so maybe it's a deeper well than expected.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

loving dex builds

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TontoCorazon posted:

loving dex builds

Weeb stat: SUGOI

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Is there a reason there's a slow motion take? I don't see any detail that didn't come through just fine before. Is it just because it's such a badass gif?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Judging by the assortment of plastic bottles behind him he had a busy day planned.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

credburn posted:

Is there a reason there's a slow motion take? I don't see any detail that didn't come through just fine before. Is it just because it's such a badass gif?

Just sit back and enjoy.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdfx7l4z5cQ

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/hdlKCaJ.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/sIo8ZmE.mp4

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Surprisingly wholesome ending. :kimchi:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Didnt know we could post our own gifs here :v:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
https://i.imgur.com/NF5Scc1.mp4

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The hip-swivel is an integral part of the move; it keeps your own stomach out of the way of the sword.

CzarChasm posted:

Although apparently someone in this home also does bicep curls while seated in a lawn chair out front, so maybe it's a deeper well than expected.

That'd be Greg, always showing off.
Some day I'm gonna tell him he's not even my real dad. That'll rattle him.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
https://i.imgur.com/7XC1lsS.mp4

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Why do so many people have this brain disease about dangerous and stupid weapons?

Kind of makes you understand how so many people are deluded by news media when you see how many turbodork people think they are some badass action star because they see it in movies/on tv

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/5YGBZmv.mp4

freeedr posted:

Why do so many people have this brain disease about dangerous and stupid weapons?

Animé.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

freeedr posted:

Kind of makes you understand how so many people are deluded by news media when you see how many turbodork people think they are some badass action star because they see it in movies/on tv

shut up, bitch

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Nah those things have been conversation pieces since at least Kurosawa, but I'm willing to bet japanophilia goes all the way back to the Jesuit era of missionary work there. There's something so romantic to anglos about the idea of an austere and noble warrior race, willing to fall on their swords and everything. It's why they like Rome too, despite the decadence endemic to all of these cultures in their height. Misery loves company I guess.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BasicLich posted:

Nah those things have been conversation pieces since at least Kurosawa, but I'm willing to bet japanophilia goes all the way back to the Jesuit era of missionary work there. There's something so romantic to anglos about the idea of an austere and noble warrior race, willing to fall on their swords and everything. It's why they like Rome too

The gif thread: Japanophilia

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tree Bucket posted:

The hip-swivel is an integral part of the move; it keeps your own stomach out of the way of the sword.
Power comes from the hips. It is a known thing amongst athletes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Uhh, I believe they like it referred to as Animephilia now.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Alaois posted:

shut up, bitch

Or you’ll posture with a mall sword in your back yard at me?

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Cartoon Man posted:

The gif thread: Japanophilia

like in Mad Men, the older sterling cooper guy filled his office with fancy japanese poo poo and that was set in what 1961?

e:

BasicLich has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Mar 16, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

freeedr posted:

Or you’ll posture with a mall sword in your back yard at me?

no but i'm gonna call you a tedious boring idiot

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

freeedr posted:

Swingy shiny thing around go hiyaaa feel cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This is why the burbs are so safe from imagined ninjas