Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Azathoth posted:

This is just a really sad story when it seemed like you were winding up some actually funny story. Was this supposed to be an own on the COVID thread or something?

the actually funny story is that OOCC came here to litigate his grudge with the C-SPAM COVID thread because hes not allowed to post there anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Azathoth posted:

This is just a really sad story when it seemed like you were winding up some actually funny story. Was this supposed to be an own on the COVID thread or something?

Honestly not sure how you thought he was winding up for a funny story

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Zodium posted:

what's wrong with you

actually remembering things is ableism, not a disability

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

the actually funny story is that OOCC came here to litigate his grudge with the C-SPAM COVID thread because hes not allowed to post there anymore

how the heck does someone get a threadban from both the D&D and C-SPAM COVID threads?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

the freaks are verily obsessed with cspam

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think trying to use someone's child's attempted suicide that way is really loving disgusting

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Lol is there some weird A-B ui testing that you guys are doing where.some users when the click cspam they actually see d&d?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Azathoth posted:

how the heck does someone get a threadban from both the D&D and C-SPAM COVID threads?

I think he said his strategy was to just kramer into the thread, pick a random post to disagree with, and argue strenuously against it until people gave up

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it's a very sad story, not a goon cruelly "lamoing" in their daughter's face.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Smythe posted:

found this thread namesearching myself btw

your welcum

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I remembered because “I lamoed in her face” seemed so insanely cruel, it was some, “she asked if she could finally hang out with daddy again” type thing and it seemed so awful that it made it memorable

deranged poo poo

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Someone find the Covid thread guy that talked about how sad his daughter was because his step daughter was allowed to go out and do things and she wants to play soccer like her sister and he keeps her inside then there is a post about them getting vaccinated and her asking if that means they can go out and him saying he “lamoed in her face” then like a week later he’s posting his daughter attempted suicide because that feels like the most hosed thing that happened in the Covid thread and it feels like no one ever noticed the extremely hosed up thread progression

you're banned from both covid threads lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Judakel posted:

you're banned from both covid threads lmao

if one gets closed then his threadban lapses on a technicality and he gets to troll people there again!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

Honestly not sure how you thought he was winding up for a funny story

yeah its a deeply upsetting story that is ultimately about a goon being such an rear end in a top hat his kid tried to kill herself. if it was in any other thread people might have noticed but alas

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

yeah its a deeply upsetting story that is ultimately about a goon being such an rear end in a top hat his kid tried to kill herself. if it was in any other thread people might have noticed but alas

Didn't a whole poo poo ton of people actually respond about getting actual therapy and dude got banned?

It wasnt like it went by just unnoticed and not talked about. It was a whole loving thing.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

(Name removed because it really seems like such a horrifically hosed up story told in the format of a series of posts but I still don’t want to directly helldump a guy for something like that.)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you should probably stop concocting horrifically hosed up fantasies in your head to own your posting enemies with. it's weird and creepyy

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gbs isn't sending their best

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
No let's just pretend everyone in the covid thread clapped and went lmao with him

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SorePotato posted:

Yes lol he posted about how cool the guy looked before he deleted his posts and got arrested

also a couple weeks earlier a proud boy shot at him in the same area and grazed his stomach. not that it excuses what he did or anything, just another detail in the story lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

they were not banned

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
What's weird is that CSPAM gets talked about like a bunch of us aren't actively in therapy. lol

Primary sticky thread right at the top - the getting help and talking about it thread.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

silicone thrills posted:

Didn't a whole poo poo ton of people actually respond about getting actual therapy and dude got banned?

It wasnt like it went by just unnoticed and not talked about. It was a whole loving thing.

this is the common thread running through all the whining about C-SPAM. often the quoted posts showing how awful and mentally ill the forum is have "(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)" in them already. look at what kind of posting is considered acceptable in this forum!!!

e: TIL that sentence automatically links to your rap sheet lmfao

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Is posting about your child attempting suicide a bannable thing now, that's a strangely specific rule

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

lol this loving idiot finally ate poo poo

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Zodium posted:

what's wrong with you

where to loving start

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

This forum isn't a good place for therapy, so yes, I don't think it should be used for therapy

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Karl Barks posted:

This forum isn't a good place for therapy, so yes, I don't think it should be used for therapy

No one said it was but thanks for replying

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Karl Barks posted:

Getting people links to therapists is a problem for you? Like does it offend you when people suggest ways people can get help?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

you have no reason to be saying that that person's child tried to kill themselves because of them. that's incredibly hosed up. I really can't believe how far you people will go to try to own your posting enemies, this poo poo is loving sick.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

silicone thrills posted:

Getting people links to therapists is a problem for you? Like does it offend you when people suggest ways people can get help?

Why are you making things up whole cloth

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Karl Barks posted:

Lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

its their thing i think

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

you have no reason to be saying that that person's child tried to kill themselves because of them. that's incredibly hosed up. I really can't believe how far you people will go to try to own your posting enemies, this poo poo is loving sick.

One of the things that lead to her break is that one of her friends invited her to go out of town with her family for new year's eve. Obviously we had reservations to begin with and they were exacerbated when we found out that one of the restaurants the friend's dad worked at was at the time closed due to too many employees out due to Covid, but we felt bad for the kid so we were like "IF it's just their immediate family AND they're all healthy/test negative AND they don't plan to go out anywhere then we will consider it".

The dealbreaker was we then found out that they were planning to meet up with multiple people from two other households while there

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Nah man like, there's not a pandemic going on and kids didn't get a ton of mixed messaging from schools, news, parents, etc about the vaccine being a magic bullet that makes going back to licking your friends totally just fine and then responsible parents having to say "no you still need to wear a mask" etc on top of the already super hosed up time of being a teenager.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

its their thing i think

Ah and I see being a gas lighting poo poo bird is yours.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

One of the things that lead to her break is that one of her friends invited her to go out of town with her family for new year's eve. Obviously we had reservations to begin with and they were exacerbated when we found out that one of the restaurants the friend's dad worked at was at the time closed due to too many employees out due to Covid, but we felt bad for the kid so we were like "IF it's just their immediate family AND they're all healthy/test negative AND they don't plan to go out anywhere then we will consider it".

The dealbreaker was we then found out that they were planning to meet up with multiple people from two other households while there

Which part of that post makes it okay for you to say that someone's child tried to kill themselves because they were such assholes? In the post you quoted here they talked about how they wanted to try to balance being safe and doing things, and that's your post to show me why it's ok for you to say that? And on new year's eve - so in the middle of the worst covid surge? And you're sitting here acting like this because they were trying to take precautions and backed out when the risk level was too high?

That's hosed up, it's wrong. You shouldn't say something like that.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

silicone thrills posted:

Ah and I see being a gas lighting poo poo bird is yours.

lol last time you posted at me it was to imply i worked for USAID for literally zero reason

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

lol last time you posted at me it was to imply i worked for USAID for literally zero reason

If you recall I apologized and said I mixed you up

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Sure seemed like the dog Bricker was using the COVID thread for therapy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Which part of that post makes it okay for you to say that someone's child tried to kill themselves because they were such assholes? In the post you quoted here they talked about how they wanted to try to balance being safe and doing things, and that's your post to show me why it's ok for you to say that? And on new year's eve - so in the middle of the worst covid surge? And you're sitting here acting like this because they were trying to take precautions and backed out when the risk level was too high?

That's hosed up, it's wrong. You shouldn't say something like that.

the poster in question doesnt even rule himself out for being responsible, as any parent would.