Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

If the answer spoken allowed, only one person can answer it at a time. The cartoonist does not know how Jeopardy! works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Shugojin posted:

If the answer spoken allowed, only one person can answer it at a time. The cartoonist does not know how Jeopardy! works.

It's final jeopardy and also the players all ended up with the same total. It doesn't actually say anything about whether the answers are right.

e:actually, this makes more sense if it's a normal question and the first two people got it wrong and the third person got it right, and this turned a 2 way tie into a 3 way tie.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

axolotl farmer posted:

Tinsley still does the occasional Mallard, but it's mostly left to a guy called Fishman now. It's slightly improved from the Tinsley days, buy mostly because Fishman remembers to tell a joke.

Glenn McCoy retired. Gary McCoy still an rear end.

Ted Rall still a shithead, but now an actually payed by Putin Russia shithead.

Ben Garrison's brain is melting in new interesting ways since he got a bad case of Covid. Still not the new Dees, but getting there.

Gorrell still lazy. Payne still drawing cars with lots of text.

Branco still dumb and stupendously bad at art and metaphores.

Clay Jones and Mike Lukovich are good at caricature and decent at jokes.

thanks! at least one McCoy is out of the picture.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

1 point deducted for not including the sippy cup and Obamaprompter we've all come to know and love

They're powerful symbols, you don't want to overuse them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Horsey is still peak liberal, claming to be compassionate but being totally unable to stop himself from sneering at the poor and vulnerable.

Although he has stopped drawing rockin titties.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Come back humanitarian Horsey, come back rocking titties.

Was he ever not ugly centrist?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1503438560434794496

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

By popular demand posted:

He fell into the same vat of brain spiders most liberals did after 9/11.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Pants Donkey posted:

He fell into the same vat of brain spiders most liberals did after 9/11.

9/11 broke a lot of brains, and it's weird to see it play out in retrospect. My favorite is definitely Frank Miller though, who just took his mask off and kept making comics.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

It's not even sex ed. It's "instruction on sexuality or gender identity." It's calling "Sally has two dads" or "some people aren't a boy or a girl" pedophilia.

Is it badly enough worded that someone could use it against media that reinforces traditional gender roles? Or even against conservatives yelling about marriage being between man and woman?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Dr. Stab posted:

It's not even sex ed. It's "instruction on sexuality or gender identity." It's calling "Sally has two dads" or "some people aren't a boy or a girl" pedophilia.

The folks being these laws and moves are openly, explicitly concerned about children's reproductive rights. They are projecting.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (racism)

I know Mikl already nominated it, but I have to second it, it's that loving bad.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT+)

This doesn't quite fit for racism, I don't think it's quite on the "worst overall" level but this is so disgusting it needs to be nominated for something. So

Kellies Nomination: Whatever category this would fit best in (worst cartoon about Ukrainian refugees? worst cartoon about a tragedy? I dunno)

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
I think "Worst cartoon about Ukraine" is a good category to have for this year's Kellies

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

By popular demand posted:

He always was, it was just easier to ignore during the Obama years.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

BonHair posted:

Is it badly enough worded that someone could use it against media that reinforces traditional gender roles? Or even against conservatives yelling about marriage being between man and woman?

I mean, you could argue it applies to any lessons that acknowledge the existence of romantic relationships or of gender.

In practice, it means whatever they want it to mean. In cases of lessons that acknowledge heterosexual relationships, it wouldn't hold up because it's not a lesson about sexuality. And then, in lessons that acknowledge homosexual relationships, it's mostly just a way for parents to get really mad at the school, and the damage will be done regardless of the final legal decision.

And, then "gender identity" is an even more vague concept. What it actually means is how we have boys, girls, etc. So, to me it would mean treading very carefully when teaching about grammatical gender. But, to Conservatives, gender identity is something only the queers have. To me, "say she for girls, he for boys" is instruction about gender identity, and "say she for those who prefer she, and he for those who prefer he" doesn't say anything about gender, so it's fine. But I imagine, it will go the other way in practice.

Hell, I could see them making the argument in court that talking about straight cis people is fine, but talking about gay or trans people is bad because in the former case, the students already know about cishets, so it wouldn't be a lesson, but if they learn about the existence of gay or trans people, that's bad because they learned something.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kaza42 posted:

I think "Worst cartoon about Ukraine" is a good category to have for this year's Kellies

I’ve come very close to some ‘worst two things happened’ nominations for “I’m glad baseball is back, during this war in Ukraine” cartoons.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Vladimir Putin’s Ides of March – Pressure grows for the Russian president as his war in Ukraine continues"

Telegraph:

Russia reportedly appealing for Chinese support for its Ukraine invasion

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Boris Johnson plans Saudi Arabia visit to seek oil supply increase; Saudi Arabia executes 81 men in 24 hours

Evening Standard:

Squatters break into Russian oligarch’s mansion ‘to house Ukrainian refugees’

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Kelly nomination: Least horrifying Eli Valley

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Eli Valley just knocking it out of the park!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Conservatives found out the one thing people agree on, that pedophiles are bad, and since LGBT issues obviously have an intrinsic sexual aspect, they can tie pedophilia to as many issues as possible to effectively ban LGBT topics from school.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I was about to say, that snake has Putin eyes. If so, instantly the best PC caricature.
Just seems a convenient way to bail on that plotline, too.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pants Donkey posted:

Conservatives found out the one thing people agree on, that pedophiles are bad

I can't tell if you've forgotten about libertarians, or just don't think they're people. :v:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Scott Morrison is currently in Western Australia trying to undo the damage he caused after spending the entire pandemic slagging off the state for closing the borders and keeping COVID free. Federal Coalition faces big trouble in the West, polling reveals (SMH).

Downes:

Broelman:

Scott Morrison attacked Anthony Albanese for losing weight and wearing better suits and said "I'm not pretending to be anyone else". Scott Morrison accused of 'going low' over apparent crack at Anthony Albanese's weight loss (SBS).

Wilcox:

NT police officer Zachary Rolfe found not guilty of murder over fatal shooting of Kumanjayi Walker (ABC).

Spooner:

Children's climate change case overturned on appeal as Federal Court dismisses government's 'duty of care' (ABC). The case is likely to be appealed to the High Court but in the meantime the environment minister does not have to consider the duty of care to protect the young from climate change when deciding on fossil fuel projects.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Glock, paper, scissors was right there. Is scissors paper rock some aussie thing?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

itskage posted:

Glock, paper, scissors was right there. Is scissors paper rock some aussie thing?

According to a quick google, yes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

If this turns into a plotline about Ukraine it might be the first time a storyline in Prickly City had any sort of resolution whatsoever.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kaza42 posted:

This can absolutely be a category folks, feel free to make nominations with it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

itskage posted:

It's actually the right way around when you look at it while being in Australia.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Twelve by Pies posted:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (racism)

I know Mikl already nominated it, but I have to second it, it's that loving bad.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT+)

This doesn't quite fit for racism, I don't think it's quite on the "worst overall" level but this is so disgusting it needs to be nominated for something. So

Kellies Nomination: Whatever category this would fit best in (worst cartoon about Ukrainian refugees? worst cartoon about a tragedy? I dunno)

This is "two things happened" because noting that two things happened and forcing them together is often worse than shameless topical comics. This one is :discourse:. Good to see some early contenders.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I can't tell if you've forgotten about libertarians, or just don't think they're people. :v:
Okay, everyone outwardly believes pedophilia is bad.

wait, that cryptoland tweet…

Okay, nevermind

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

itskage posted:

australian tradition is to chant the terms as you play, and "scissors, paper, rock" has a much better cadence than the other possible combinations

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

I was about to say, that snake has Putin eyes.

This is one of the dumbest things I've seen posted in this thread, but also you're right.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ungulateman posted:

australian tradition is to chant the terms as you play, and "scissors, paper, rock" has a much better cadence than the other possible combinations

Paper, Scissors, Rock is the order in New Zealand

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Somfin posted:

Paper, Scissors, Rock is the order in New Zealand

"Rocks, paper, scissors, shoot" is how it goes in America, which is clearly the best cadance. :freep:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
:siren:The second round of Kellies voting is now live!:siren:

Please feel free to continue voting on categories from the first round as well. This round includes the actually-entertaining Best Edit/Parody category! Votes are due for this round by April 1.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Okay, I'm late in saying this, but:

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell.

Not just for this strip, but for every goddamn strip in this arc as a whole. Almost every strip has been the same shots of the same buildings, and the same shots of the characters in the same repeated poses, with most of the dialogue being the characters going "Something bad happened!" "Oh no!" "Oh yes!" and just that repeating over and over for weeks.

How the gently caress is Stantis getting paid to make this?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Worst: A Ukraine Thing Happened

lol, remember when Prickly City had like three strips with a refugee crossing the southern border asking for help? And it was just a disembodied hand and a word bubble? They sat around doing nothing while this disembodied hand reached out, fretting over how sad it was, and then did absolutely nothing when some ICE agent with a whip hauled the disembodied hand off and it was never mentioned again.

What I'm saying is, the disembodied hand is going to come back to run against Carmen during the next election cycle.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

KAL

Kevin Necessary

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Word Masters of Disasters Biden is blaming everything but himself for the disaster and damage his policies are causing nationally and internationally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

This is the RADDEST skeleton ive ever seen