Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah found the post where he told what was no longer able to be produced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ah found the post where he told what was no longer able to be produced.

Oh no! There are quite a few on that list that I've wanted. It is so sad the molds were destroyed!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Speaking of Elegabs here's a bunch of listings on Ebay from a Skullbrain member.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/*seek*/m.html?_trksid=p3692

edit: Hedoranchak and Hyouga King are both no longer being produced. I THINK Doubleranga is still being made even though it's an older sculpt- I seem to remember one coming out a couple years ago. And $120/130 for a Monster Patrol Car is a legit good price.

Indeed good prices, especially for Glacier King.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Failson posted:

Oh no! There are quite a few on that list that I've wanted. It is so sad the molds were destroyed!

Yeah the Namira and Hedozaurus are the ones that really surprised me as they are both relatively new. I really love both of them. I'm so bummed that a red Namira never got produced.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I've actually got the pink Monster Patrol Car and the GID Hyougakingu on my watch list!

Been dealing with HVAC troubles so all my monies have been going towards keeping the heat on, :negative:.

Is that post stating that molds for 1, 2 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12 were all destroyed or literally all of those!?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I've actually got the pink Monster Patrol Car and the GID Hyougakingu on my watch list!

Been dealing with HVAC troubles so all my monies have been going towards keeping the heat on, :negative:.

Is that post stating that molds for 1, 2 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12 were all destroyed or literally all of those!?

The good news is that I've known about those ebay listings for a couple months and they've been stuck, so hopefully they will still be there when you have some more disposable funds.

All of those are no longer produced, mostly because of broken molds. When I first met Nari in Kyoto at a gallery show he did say that he no longer made Bukiminda (the robot being piloted by an alien) because he molded the feet at too extreme of an angle, so they often stretched out or tore when being taken out of the mold.

I know his super limited Disk Kappa was originally to be a normal release, but the disk back often gets warped improperly. So he decided to make it a super limited release instead, where you have to collect points from the header cards to be able to get one. This made it kind of worth having to throw away a few UFOs that didn't come out right to get a good once since it's something like 15 points to get one. I have the first release and passed on the second black release (I'm not super fond of black sofubi). The current Disk Kappa is GID and I've been waiting that one out as well since I'm really hoping for a red version. But apparently he's still got quite a few of the GID ones; recently he made an announcement that if you get a Disk Kappa he will paint it upon request instead of just the regular planned colorway. GID really isn't my favorite though- but I should look at how many points I have since I know it's over 15 at this point. If I have over 20 I might decide to get a GID anyway to hurry along production to the next colorway.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I guess I should show them since I've spoken of them.

First: DISK KAPPA!

This is a great Elegab figure. I followed when he was making it and sharing progress then I was a bit crestfallen when production finally happened and he ran into the warping problems on the disk. The flat side tends to warp when being pulled from the mold. But deciding to make it his first premium figure only available to people who collect 15 points from header cards. I got mine in person at Nari's 10th aniversary show in Kyoto- I was super stoked!

Flying pose:

Footprint (this was a thing for a lot of Showa era figures and is considered an unnecessary but really nice touch.

Me and Nari at his gallery show- I bought the painting we are pointing at. I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since then.

And Hedozorous was one of the Polution Kaiju that Nari made and honestly one of my favorites. I loved his slime creature looks.

another footprint as well! Gross!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Those paintings are kickin rad, and the Disk Kappa is really rad too! Cool way to make lemonade out of that situation. It's a shame the molds broke, but nothing lasts for ever I suppose.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Oh man, I didn't know Disk Kappa had a flying mode! That's fantastic! Thank you for sharing all the pictures and experiences, Gatos! Hedozorous and Bukiminda were both on my shortlist.

Is Nari's Monster guidebook still available? He used to sell a booklet of his paintings and a "Monster Sounds" CD. Highly recommended. There was a baseball Kaiju in the book that I hope makes it to vinyl some day.

I'm a sucker for glow, and making things glow that don't glow.

So here's Gojiban Glowzilla!

https://twitter.com/orbitdyne/status/1501779103673847809

Also here's Sputnik Supplies (aka Mile High Sofubi, aka, the guy that makes my toys), with some fantastic glow marbled saucermen:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca5GMHsujTc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The guidebook is out of print and I’m not sure if he would be able to make it again as he lost a computer to a drive completely failing and losing tons of photos (that’s why he never redid his old website with all of the history). But good news is that he DID make that baseball kaiju as part of the smaller “Kaiju Prince” line!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

M-1 has a new batch of figures up for pre-order; you'd have to use a proxy purchaser. Included in this batch: The giant Bullmark Hedorah in GID, a great 54 Godzilla holding the airplane, and a Hawaii colors Hedorah tricycle rider among other things.

https://www-m1go-com.translate.goog/news/?_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

This shot shows a good size comparison. The Godzilla is a standard size so around 8" tall.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 11, 2022

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

It probably stems from me being a "90s kid" with all the neon and GID stuff, but I love GID for some reason, haha. I also really like how the milky GID vinyl is very much a blank canvas for different colors.

Any tips on using a proxy buyer? I'd love to grab one of the Hedorah tricycles.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Make an account on zenmarket.jp - once you do that go to the page with the item and copy the address and start a purchase request back on Zenmarket. You’ll paste the page of the item and give a description to Zenmarket (Glow giant Hedorah soft vinyl for example) and then wait. Zenmarket then checks availability and gets back to you stating if they can purchase it and if so you’ll have to pay them the money. Once they confirm the purchase then it is the long waiting game. M1 can
sometimes take a LONG time depending on orders and the fact that these are all hand painted. They say it should be a June release but don’t be surprised if it drags on for much longer.

Once Zenmarket gets the item in hand you’ll be informed it’s in their warehouse and you get to choose which shipping option you want. At this point EMS is still cheaper than DHL but if you chose it you run the risk of your figure sitting in Japan for a VERY long time. I’m still waiting for an item ZM shipped with EMS in mid February and it’s stuck in Japan. DHL has their own fleet so it would take around a week or so depending on your location.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Thank you for the info! I can be patient, so I'll probably give it a try.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah occasionally you'll run into a few hiccups with them, but nothing I've ever had problems getting rectified (usually at the point of purchasing the item). Also if the item gets to their warehouse and something financially comes up (such as your recent HVAC problems) they will hold your item in their warehouse for free for 45 days.

I think I'll try for that Godzilla- I'll think about it for a bit. I've always loved that pose and that's really a great sculpt. Now that I know M1 is doing web sales again I'll have to scrape some money together for future possibilities. I have a Hedorah on the trike so I'll pass on this colorway, and I'll wait for another colorway on the Deluxe Hedo. BE AWARE that the big Hedorah is in a huge box, so shipping to the US is going to be a lot of money!

edit: I just noticed you are going for the Trike Hedo not the giant one because I had just woken up and my reading comprehension was terrible. Yeah get DHL shipping and it'll get to you quickly. It's in a small box so you'll dig it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The box

The trike

It’s a fun wind up that has a little bell that rings as it rolls around

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Sweet, appreciate the info! We knew when we bought the house the HVAC was old, but thought we'd get a year or so out of it... Just replaced a motor, so :shepspends:. On the plus side we only went 3 days without heat, and it's quiet now since the bearings were apparently rattling around like a MFer, haha.

Although, that being said I have been funding a number of things selling off a chunk of my action figure collection. It got a bit to wide in focus, so it feels good to narrow it down and reallocate funds on other toys.

Also, holy poo poo, I did not realize the tricycles actually wound / rolled! That's awesome! There's something really endearing about a monster on a trike.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah the tricycles have been around since the early 70s iirc. They were originally made by Masudaya and the old ones were a lot cheaper since they were kid's toys.

Here's a Great Mazinger-

And a Robocon-

The new ones are a better build and sculpt but definitely have the same spirit. They are really great and I love their absurdism. Recently another maker put out a Hedorah in a rocking chair sofubi and I hope to get one on the future and hope they do it with other characters. I should have bookmarked who it is.

edit: modern ones have tin wheels as well which is a huge upgrade.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Aww, those are superb! Mazinger is one of those things I only vaguely know about, but have loved the design of since I was a kid.

I saw the rocking chair Hedorahs, which is also very fun! They were made by Charactics (not sure if I spelled that right).

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Here is the only other M1 Trike I have- Matango! This one has the necklace of the ships Captain from the movie. It was an exclusive at D Con 2019. I LOVE the box art and really wish I could get a print of it. From what I understand it was the last piece painted by the original artist (I’m blanking on his name but he had been doing works like that since the 60s)

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That's one of the ones I've been watching on ebay! I have a buddy who is super into horror, and recommended the movie to me. I'd also like to grab a Sinbad Cyclops, but that one seems extra steep, heh.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sunguts’ newest molds

https://twitter.com/sunguts/status/1502213055824162821?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 11, 2022

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

King Smog flesh color way!

https://twitter.com/elegab_jp/status/1502882549307420672?s=21

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Paul Kaiju has a pink Mockrobat up at time of posting: https://paulkaiju.bigcartel.com/product/mockrobat-pink

Some buy this so I can live vicariously through you!

Also, that king smog is dope.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I've been wanting a Mockbat for a while now but those chrome heads really don't do it for me. Super neat that he's doing those nonetheless!

Yeah I'm going to go for the King Smog- I continue to slowly try and collect all the KS variations.

edit: I've decided also if I do win a slot for King Smog this time I'm going to get a Disk Kappa as well and request a violet color scheme. Screw it.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 13, 2022

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I can see how the chrome is a make or break. I actually kind of like the chrome, but I would prefer just a matching head instead, I think.

Are the points just let me UPC points? Violet Disk Kappa sounds cool.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I can see how the chrome is a make or break. I actually kind of like the chrome, but I would prefer just a matching head instead, I think.

Are the points just let me UPC points? Violet Disk Kappa sounds cool.

Each header comes with a little “1 point” graphic on one of the corners and you cut them off and send them in

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

King smog promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oSx6rBDVE

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Well today was lovely- a car ran through a stop sign and nailed my car. No injuries thankfully but still, ugh.

BUT! Today when I got home my Deppa King by Elegab came from Japan. One of the last 3 minis from the Elegab line I’ve been missing. So hooray!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Ouch! Good no one was hurt at least. Did they have insurance? Deppa King is fun; that's a silver lining to a bad day. What are the two you're missing?

Also, Elden Ring, noice!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah they are insured, I made a claim on the scene and have to take my car into the shop to get it checked out today. Still, ugh.

The missing ones are:

Covitron:

Fly Man X:

And I have a blank but am wanting a painted Goughon:

After that the only other figure I'm missing is the aforementioned Timerya the time machine monster. I'm still hoping he puts a new one of those out this year.

edit: yeah I'm dying in Elden Ring a lot lol. It's my first Souls game and only playing once in a while.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled. That Fly Man X is legit! What in the world is Goughon supposed to be? He looks like the kaiju version of the glasses with the big nose and mustache, haha.

My first Souls game was DS3 and I got hard stuck at the first boss and didn't play it for about 2 or 3 months after dying roughly 50 times, haha. I found watching other people play online really help me understand the "how I should be playing". I've since beaten that, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. So, stick with it if it gets frustrating. I found these style of games are really rewarding once it "clicks".

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Goughon is a painter- with a beret, paint brush, palette, and goatee- his name is a play on Von Gough.

Also- King Smog lottery is open

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Well today was lovely- a car ran through a stop sign and nailed my car. No injuries thankfully but still, ugh.

BUT! Today when I got home my Deppa King by Elegab came from Japan. One of the last 3 minis from the Elegab line I’ve been missing. So hooray!

Hooray for Elgab, booo to car accidents! Glad you're okay though!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Goughon is a painter- with a beret, paint brush, palette, and goatee- his name is a play on Von Gough.

Ha, okay I see it now!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

And not a play on Paul Gauguin? Huh.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Turbinosamente posted:

And not a play on Paul Gauguin? Huh.

Looks like a combo of the two

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/39maichan/status/1504302780218953730

Mascot Kaiju G-Fantis/Gfantis/Fantis

I love clear glitter infused vinyl, even though it obscures details.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That looks cool! After getting a few things with glitter, I agree. Give me all the glitter!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Earthquakes and collections make a bad mix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Yikes!!! I've only ever experienced an earthquake once in my life and it scared the poo poo out of me. We don't get those much in my neck of woods.

Gargamel lucky bags are up on Super7: https://super7.com/collections/designer-toys/products/gargamel-lucky-bag-2022

I grabbed one because I have poor impulse control, so it's off to flip more of the action figure collection...