Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I studied Donglish at the School of Hard Cocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Private Cumshoe posted:

the CIA sounds rad where can I join

harvard/yale

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
So, William Hurt's father had quite the resume:

"Alfred McChord Hurt, 86, an official of the Agency for International Development who retired in 1972, died of liver failure Aug. 19 at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
Mr. Hurt, who lived in Chevy Chase, was born in Kentucky and graduated from Centre College.

He came to the Washington area in 1938 to work for the Department of Agriculture. During World War II, he served in the Coast Guard in the Suez Canal area.
After the war, he began working in U.S. foreign assistance programs. He was posted in China before the Communist Party takeover, then in Vietnam, Somalia, Sudan, Pakistan and the U.S. Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. Mr. Hurt retired as regional AID director for Northwest Africa, posted in Dakar, Senegal."

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
throw a loving stone at a white american born immediately after ww2 and you'll hit someone who somehow tangentially became an asset

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1503747228674011141

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/iamprovocateur2/status/1503789383803146240?s=21

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

@iamprovocateur2

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

wonder what this person thinks "memory" is

Riot Bimbo posted:

@iamprovocateur2

@improvocateur2

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I had no idea who this is about but I'm SHOCKED to learn it's someone from pedo island

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hurricane posted:

So, two Gazprom directors have committed "suicide".

https://twitter.com/sumlenny/status/1500860662192521220

Aleksandr Tjuljakov worked in Gazprom's finance and security, and was found dead in his villa. The police investigators were stopped by Gazprom's own security staff and forced to leave. Tjuljakov had been seen in bad shape shortly before his death, with eye witnesses saying he had been assaulted.

The other dead was Leonid Shulman, who was a director in Gazprom Invest. He was found with a note saying he had unbearable pain, due to a medical problem with his leg. Gazprom had made a internal investigation into Shulman's department in 2021 and evidence of corruption had been found.

Both guys had worked together in Gazprom Transgazissa during the 2010's.

Wasabi the J posted:

Man I don't know poo poo about Ukraine in 2005...

Hmmm...

Oh those disputes sound interesting... Like someone was skimming off the top and decided to be really honest with Putin and destroy the economy in the process, but this only affected the National gas company.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 19:35 on Mar 15, 2022

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Lammasu posted:

From the Air America stories my dad told me people tend to really overestimate the CIA.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

yeah I mean even the CIA couldn't keep the existence of the MKULTRA program secret, eventually and during my lifetime a FOIA request turned up documents that have been posted in this very thread, like what kind of Federal government agency can only massage public opinion of a secret mind control project such that it is regarded as a "conspiracy theory" for ~40 years

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

the very fact that we can even talk about this clandestine project is proof that the project itself is harmless

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i feel like that's a huge leap what with how much documentation is known to have been knowingly destroyed?

Not that the inverse is automatically true, but nooooo way dude

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

:thejoke:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ive never played mk ultra but i did rent mortal kombat 2 once

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Could someone link the thread reading list. I'm looking specifically for something about the bay of pigs.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The only reading list book on bay of pigs is the devils chess board chapters on it iirc. Its also in my post history but don't check that please.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

cagliostr0 posted:

Could someone link the thread reading list. I'm looking specifically for something about the bay of pigs.
I forget if it’s even on the list, but: JFK and the Unspeakable

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

DirtyRobot posted:

I forget if it’s even on the list, but: JFK and the Unspeakable

That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, now I just need to track down a copy.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I’m only reading the Twitter embed but that seems remarkably well written for a manifesto of its sort

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

I’m only reading the Twitter embed but that seems remarkably well written for a manifesto of its sort

the dude probably was somewhat bright, otherwise he'd never have made it as far as he did

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
little chris dorner

got sat in a corner

seeing cops as birds and prey

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

mdemone posted:

the dude probably was somewhat bright, otherwise he'd never have made it as far as he did

You mean to the cabin? Agreed.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hooplah posted:

You mean to the cabin? Agreed.

He actually escaped and has gone underground to help people in need like the A Team

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/davidlgutman/status/1504133554447392780?t=RBqXNjpHCsF0nOxdG6OloA&s=19

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

eonwe posted:

c-spam is filled with mentally ill people who reinforce their beliefs by echoing each other and smugly saying "well at least I don't believe CIA propaganda :smug:"

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
help i'm being gangstalked by D&D

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
also what's gladio and where do i read the non CIA propagandist version that is fair and balanced but also aligns with my world views

but seriously where do i read about gladio that isn't wikipedia and preferably isn't an entire novel that i don't have time for

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

eonwe is an old troll, just ignore him

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

also what's gladio and where do i read the non CIA propagandist version that is fair and balanced but also aligns with my world views

but seriously where do i read about gladio that isn't wikipedia and preferably isn't an entire novel that i don't have time for

this documentary is good https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmFgGOlqTM

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

this looks interesting, thank you friend.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I mean, not exactly wrong...

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1504499965330182151

He's implying he was strong-armed into marrying a made man's daughter, right?

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Perry Mason Jar posted:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1504499965330182151

He's implying he was strong-armed into marrying a made man's daughter, right?

lol I looked into this and I don't know what to think. Googling Dominick Giacobbe gets you lots of articles about a martial arts conman who has published 3 books but doesn't have a Wikipedia page and if you search Dominick Giacobbe Wikipedia it turns up a couple Wikipedia pages about indictments against Luccese crime family members so... Maybe?

Whoever this Dominick Giacobbe guy is, Biden didn't marry any Italians so the whole thing is probably the most bizarre thing I've ever heard about Biden.

BasicLich has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Mar 17, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
My very brief research suggests that Jill is a Jersey native of Sicilian heritage whose father is Don Jacobs, but that the name was changed to Jacobs from Giacoppa, which itself was changed from Giacoppo.

https://en.geneastar.org/genealogy/jacobsj/jill-biden

If her family history is correct then I can see the joke working but he clearly says Giacoppa instead of Giocobbe, who is The Mind Master. It would be a solid joke if he didn't pronounce it wrong and anyone knew who that is, not gonna lie.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Mar 17, 2022

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Dr Mrs Jill Gabbagool

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BasicLich posted:

lol I looked into this and I don't know what to think. Googling Dominick Giacobbe gets you lots of articles about a martial arts conman who has published 3 books but doesn't have a Wikipedia page and if you search Dominick Giacobbe Wikipedia it turns up a couple Wikipedia pages about indictments against Luccese crime family members so... Maybe?

Whoever this Dominick Giacobbe guy is, Biden didn't marry any Italians so the whole thing is probably the most bizarre thing I've ever heard about Biden.

Jill Biden's father's family name was "Giacoppo" before it was Jacobs but was on the Ellis Island docs as "Giacappa" but dude's name was Donald so who fuckin knows

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

la flotus di firenze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Dominick Giacobbe doesn't have so much as a Wikipedia entry so it seems unlikely he was trying to make that reference.