Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

what's an easy class for cowards in dark souls 3? i would like to play dark souls 3 and am a coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go

Scaly Haylie posted:

what's an easy class for cowards in dark souls 3? i would like to play dark souls 3 and am a coward

The Knight. Decent starting weapon and armor, and a good amount of health.

Sorcerer can fight enemies at range as long as you have FP (mana). DS3 is the hardest to play a mage in though, imo

kalel

imo DS2 is for sure the roughest mages have had it, especially after the post-release balance patches that nerfed magic into the ground

the most magic friendly games are demons souls and Elden ring

Pro Target

DS3 pyromancy/hexing is incredibly strong in PVE

Bobby Deluxe

kalel posted:

imo DS2 is for sure the roughest mages have had it, especially after the post-release balance patches that nerfed magic into the ground
is it 2 where you cant even buy any new magic until the 2nd or 3rd area, that pirate cove bit?

Scaly Haylie

Bobby Deluxe posted:

is it 2 where you cant even buy any new magic until the 2nd or 3rd area, that pirate cove bit?

Early sorcery is still shockingly viable, considering you can easily buy another stack of Soul Arrow from a merchant who's a out fifty feet away from a chest containing Great Soul Arrow

Scaly Haylie

also i beat index gunther first try, now i'm waffling between knight and herald

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
anyone playing Core Keeper? what's your byobpinion of it?

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

itry

Dr. Honked posted:

anyone playing Core Keeper? what's your byobpinion of it?

Is it like a 2d Minecraft?

Who is keeping the cores, and where are they being kept? Are the cores being kept in the core?

The Walrus Cancer

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
I bought Triangle Strategy yesterday, and I'm excited to play it in four days after my finals are over.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I'm currently working my through The Last of Us(es). I'm into the second half of the first game. Lady-Pepper is playing The Last of Us 2 so I have to make sure I don't look at the tv when I pass through to the kitchen.

Finger Prince

Hmm, I think it might be time to fire up skyrim again.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Finger Prince posted:

it is ALWAYS time to fire up skyrim again

poverty goat

i had a wave of maybe it's time to fire up new vegas again a week or two ago but it passed harmlessly without any load orders or anything

Bobby Deluxe

Dr. Honked posted:

it is ALWAYS time to fire up skyrim again
todd howard is that you

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

kalel

Finger Prince posted:

there's a permanent railroad switch in my brain now that redirects my Skyrim urges into playing Elden ring

E:

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

a skateboarding game i like recently updated and tightened up the gameplay a bit before it fully releases this fall. they also added new clothes and boards and stuff. one of them is called the BYOB... coincidence??? :vapes:

the aforementioned BYOBoard

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I fell victim to peer pressure and started playing Elden Ring after finishing the Last of Us. I’m about 6 hours in and keep drinking from my flask by accident because my brain is still mapped to the last couple games I played where those buttons were spammy buttons for oh poo poo moments. I have a twin blade and run away from most things still.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Bo-Pepper posted:

I fell victim to peer pressure and started playing Elden Ring after finishing the Last of Us. I’m about 6 hours in and keep drinking from my flask by accident because my brain is still mapped to the last couple games I played where those buttons were spammy buttons for oh poo poo moments. I have a twin blade and run away from most things still.

put your flask on the triangle+ d-pad pouch thing so you never have to scroll through your quick items to find it but it’s also harder to press unintentionally

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I've done a weird thing where I was eagerly awaiting Elden Ring but then have mostly played other stuff since it came out. Hearing how long the game is has kind of put me off of diving in. I've enjoyed the 10 or so hours I've played though!

Finger Prince

It looks neat, but it also looks like a parry and dodge kind of game and I'm not really into those.

Scaly Haylie

i loving hate ghost barbarians

Heather Papps

hello friend

the non ghost version is worse, and drove me back to where the ghosts were

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Leave

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I keep getting my rear end kicked in Stranger of Paradise, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and it's getting kind of frustrating

Sorry to interrupt Elden Ring chat, but good luck to everyone playing that!

kalel

Scaly Haylie posted:

i loving hate ghost barbarians

yeah I think they're real jerks personally. the boss is really cool though

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
breath of the wild is cool but the two motion control puzzles ive encountered made me wanna eat a bullet

why

WHY

Heather Papps

hello friend

Sarah Cenia posted:

breath of the wild is cool but the two motion control puzzles ive encountered made me wanna eat a bullet

why

WHY

yeah i found swinging the hammers to be wildly inconsistent. BUT there is at least one of the ball cage puzzles you can solve by flipping the whole surface over and rolling the ball on the flat underside and when i realized that it made them worth it, to me

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Heather Papps posted:

yeah i found swinging the hammers to be wildly inconsistent. BUT there is at least one of the ball cage puzzles you can solve by flipping the whole surface over and rolling the ball on the flat underside and when i realized that it made them worth it, to me

!!!! i see!!
thanks.
i do really like motion controls for fine aiming, way more than anticipated.

Scaly Haylie

i can now confirm that there is a gigantic bear that materializes out of a specific innocuous mountainside

Farecoal

There he go
Ahhh why did I just buy golden eagles why did I give money to Gaijin

biosterous

who posted about vampire survivors

i got it today it's good

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Been playing a lot of mon hun world lately

I really like answering lr sos flares and just knocking around bosses in low rank gear to help people

If you see goatsea say hi

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

biosterous posted:

who posted about vampire survivors

i got it today it's good

hell yeah

Scaly Haylie

hi goons, i just got gifted an oculus quest 2 and now i'm trying to pick a game or two for it off steam despite being poor. any recommendations?

a7m2

SUPERHOT - a game in which you just pull off insanely awesome matrix poo poo. get it regardless of whether you played this on PC before: it's way more awesome in VR
Half Life: Alyx - the best game with a story that was specifically made for VR
Pistol Whip - a rhythm game with great music in which you basically are john wick

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
if you get superhot or pistol whip, it's worth getting them on the oculus store rather than steam, as they both run really well natively on the headset
(both of those games fuckin rule)

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
that does look rad.
is the oculus quest 2 plug and play basically?
as long as it doesnt involve messing with facebook all the time, it looks p tempting

Scaly Haylie

I wouldn't call it plug and play but it was easy enough to set it up for PC stuff with the official software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
there's no facebook messin' once you have it set up

it's really really good, i hate zucc and i hate facebook but i love my MEAT QUEST as it now known