Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Failed Imagineer posted:

He's the Wario of the good Finkelstein

Norman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Did you have to explain the UKMT to the charity commission :stonklol:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Yes. :v:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Get with it, grandad, Covid's over, we're doing Ukraine Iran Saudi Arabia now - the government, probably

e: czatck taxxckse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOuSxal8pf4

Only Kindness fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 16, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I would bomb a tail docker

I am pro tail
Anyone touches my dog's tail I swear I'll do time.

Wait, wrong thread.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Good evening, I am Chicago economist Dr Rand Normal. The economy is like a dog, sometimes you just have to take a healthy part and start cutting... for efficiency.

Only Kindness posted:

Get with it, grandad, Covid's over, we're doing Ukraine Iran Saudi Arabia now
Middle East Restructuring Syndrome

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maugrim posted:

February Stats:

Isn't this the January stat?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

paging crispix

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Norman! The economists are outside again. They keep closing the libraries and eyeing next door's jack russells, I don't like the look of them Norman.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Norman they’ve chopped off your tail! DO SOMETHING NORMAN

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Tesseraction posted:

Yes!

Here's the image for February

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Well its a place where we fight over which crisps are the best.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Which one of you was this

https://twitter.com/iandunt/status/1503783358526066695?s=21

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

But seriously, you have to describe the sector of society that is benefiting from the funds and if they are part of a particular group or organisation.

So yes, I had to mention the forums and the thread and oh god I hope they never come here.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I mean they approved the lgb alliance, clearly their bar for being decent human beings is incredibly low so we should probably be fine

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I will fight the charity commission in a car park.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Has anyone been appointed as CEO or whatever of the fund on 150 grand yet? If you're desperate I'll do it.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Guavanaut posted:

Norman! The economists are outside again. They keep closing the libraries and eyeing next door's jack russells, I don't like the look of them Norman.

I was reading an article a few days ago where our president met up with Boris to talk about Ukraine and the joint expeditionary force (JEF) and my first thought was, couldn't they have found an acronym that spelled NORMAN instead?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Has anyone been appointed as CEO or whatever of the fund on 150 grand yet? If you're desperate I'll do it.

Our chairman is forums user "The DPRK". No I will not be taking questions.

Tesseraction posted:

Fixed now, thanks for the catch.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 16, 2022

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
War reporting in the UK press continues to be amazingly bad. Just looking at the Guardian: most of the site's front page is nothing but Ukraine news and yet there's not a single article that just sets out a basic overview of the state of the war, where the key fronts are and whether the Russians are advancing, retreating, or mostly static. It's all isolated, disjointed stuff like "Shell hits apartment building" and "News reporter killed by shrapnel". If you want to know how the war is actually developing, you have to look elsewhere.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Just have Al Jazeera on in the background.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Channel 4 news does very good roundups of the war's progress.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

keep punching joe posted:

Just have Al Jazeera on in the background.

Al Jazeera's actually heaps better, good call.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just realised that the Irish Labour party managed to snag @labour on Twitter back in 2007, a year before UK Labour got their social media strategy together. Get a big dog up ya,Starmer

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

War reporting in the UK press continues to be amazingly bad. Just looking at the Guardian: most of the site's front page is nothing but Ukraine news and yet there's not a single article that just sets out a basic overview of the state of the war, where the key fronts are and whether the Russians are advancing, retreating, or mostly static. It's all isolated, disjointed stuff like "Shell hits apartment building" and "News reporter killed by shrapnel". If you want to know how the war is actually developing, you have to look elsewhere.

Must admit I’m finding the daily “Day X” BBC push notifications with a summary of what happened a bit crass, like it’s the olympics or something.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/webdevlaw/status/1503997429905039363

That’s an actual quote from the article in the QT.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Well, when are they?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems it's finally happening :grovertoot: https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1504037539857977348

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Normalising relationships with Iran is long overdue, and the cynicism of the timing of this is nakedly obvious, but let's not pretend that Iran is a delightful regime either. Reducing dependence on fossil fuels and the appalling governments who control a lot of them must be the better route.

I am surprised that this story hasn't been discussed here, although there isn't much to say other than Jesus loving Chist, and can some pigs please get prosecuted and sent to jail for this, please. I saw it on Twitter but am posting the Grauniad article:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/15/black-girl-racism-police-strip-search-london-school-hackney

Comrade Fakename posted:

LOL. Jesus, she reveals her stupidity every time she opens her mouth.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

just loving get rid of the algorithms, it's not hard is it?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

therattle posted:

Normalising relationships with Iran is long overdue, and the cynicism of the timing of this is nakedly obvious, but let's not pretend that Iran is a delightful regime either. Reducing dependence on fossil fuels and the appalling governments who control a lot of them must be the better route.

Is this aimed at me? I'm just celebrating someone being released from unjust imprisonment? :confused:

therattle posted:

I am surprised that this story hasn't been discussed here, although there isn't much to say other than Jesus loving Chist, and can some pigs please get prosecuted and sent to jail for this, please. I saw it on Twitter but am posting the Grauniad article:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/15/black-girl-racism-police-strip-search-london-school-hackney

Is there a single cop in the Met who isn't blatantly a criminal themselves?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

therattle posted:

can some pigs please get prosecuted and sent to jail for this, please
narrator voice &c

I swear to God when my daughter starts school if I ever hear of a single police officer setting foot onsite I will absolutely lose my poo poo. If literally anything that ever happens within a school becomes a criminal matter rather than a welfare/safeguarding matter, you have already Done hosed Up, bigly, and need to fix that gently caress up before treating literal children like criminals.

Tesseraction posted:

Is there a single cop in the Met who isn't blatantly a criminal themselves?
This is unfair

The married ones are even worse, the single ones at least don't beat their partners

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Skeletome posted:

just loving get rid of the algorithms, it's not hard is it?
there ought to be a well-defined process for it

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Comrade Fakename posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDbyYGrswtg

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

If we're banning mathematical concepts now then after banning algorithms and encryption I want the tories to sign a law saying Pi is now just 3

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Tesseraction posted:

Is this aimed at me? I'm just celebrating someone being released from unjust imprisonment? :confused:

I don't think so? I am very pleased that she is released, and that relations with Iran might be somewhat normalised - but Iran isn't a paragon of virtue and I'd hesitate to embrace them warmly.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Finally going after the (obviously a terrorist) Muhammad ibin musa al-Khwarizmi and his dangerous weapons-of-math-destruction. Ban these arabic numerals from our schools, make this country strong! :britain:

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Al Gorithm? Is that like Al Qaeda?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If we're banning mathematical concepts now then after banning algorithms and encryption I want the tories to sign a law saying Pi is now just 3

Pie is just something you eat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Umbra Dubium posted:

Al Gorithm? Is that like Al Qaeda?

The answer may surprise you!