Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you have to tell her the truth so she doesn’t find out from her rear end in a top hat classmates in 5th grade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Clark Nova posted:

I would suggest lying like a motherfucker but the mother's name is right there in the article, and is probably unique that it'll still be the top google result when the kid is old enough to go looking for it

it's hardy unique, this sort of thing happens constantly in the US. getting shot by a toddler is one of the more common causes of gun death and this has apparently gone up massively since the pandemic started https://www.npr.org/2021/08/31/1032725392/guns-death-children

e: 154 deaths by armed baby in 2021 alone! wowza!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, but we can't stop giving babies guns, if the good babies don't have guns, only the criminal babies will be armed! Also, guns don't kill people, babies do!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
these days you don't even have to wait for them to grow up to become cowboys!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this is from a state DOT report on I-94

quote:

What about automated vehicles?
The study team evaluated the potential future effect of automated vehicles (AVs)
on I-94 in broad terms. AVs are expected to be widely adopted in the next 15 to
20 years. Widespread use of AVs will allow for narrower lanes and permit higher
vehicle densities. Also, the vehicles will be able to maintain higher speeds and avoid
breakdown conditions under higher volumes since they are fully automated and can
operate at higher densities.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

actionjackson posted:

lmao. christ

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I had no idea children were so gun crazy!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

actionjackson posted:

lol

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I had no idea children were so gun crazy!

they see daddy reach for his binky whenever he gets scared of something and figure it'll make them feel better too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They probably will have automated vehicles. Them being gigantic pieces of poo poo that routinely kill people will be seen as a plus for the private healthcare industry

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

No, Son, Mommy isn't making dinner tonight. Mommy lives in Heaven now, with God. You domed her, Son. You split her wig with your poor trigger discipline.

omfg

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

honestly kinda impressed that toddlers can so reliably fire handguns. there's a fair amount of pressure you have to put into the trigger and they can do it and score a lethal hit without even being instructed. some ppl cant even hit a target 10ft away

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

honestly kinda impressed that toddlers can so reliably fire handguns. there's a fair amount of pressure you have to put into the trigger and they can do it and score a lethal hit without even being instructed. some ppl cant even hit a target 10ft away
You just didn't hear about the previous 300 days where the toddler missed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mystes posted:

You just didn't hear about the previous 300 days where the toddler missed.

in that case im even more impressed by their persistence

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

you have to tell her the truth so she doesn’t find out from her rear end in a top hat classmates in 5th grade

I feel like this is a pretty good justification to move and get a legal name change.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's hardy unique, this sort of thing happens constantly in the US. getting shot by a toddler is one of the more common causes of gun death and this has apparently gone up massively since the pandemic started https://www.npr.org/2021/08/31/1032725392/guns-death-children

e: 154 deaths by armed baby in 2021 alone! wowza!

Gotta wonder how many of these accidents accidentally took care of somebodys problem, no questions asked what a tragedy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

I would not gently caress w that girl lol .. If she's able to kill her own mom, imagine what she'd do to you :pwn:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/NknimaK/status/1504054944722259968

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
With petrol increasing in price, I'm seeing something interesting

Lots of second hand bike on FB marketplace/ gumtree

Looks like people are buying e-bike and selling the old analog they had in the garage

Good omens and portents I guess

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/multiple-dead-crash-involving-new-mexico-university-golf-teams-pickup-rcna20218

no comment

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Why is the car hiking? Why doesn't the person get out of the loving car
https://twitter.com/subaru_usa/status/1450878907981434901?t=LFIJoivysNoxyIHnHmPdsQ&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

Why is the car hiking? Why doesn't the person get out of the loving car
https://twitter.com/subaru_usa/status/1450878907981434901?t=LFIJoivysNoxyIHnHmPdsQ&s=19

why? car goes faster, car has my music and my stuff, car is climate controlled. it's like a little house - and now I can take it on hikes too!

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
this car climbed mt. shitbrains

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
the official state car of colorado and minnesota. you know, for those handfuls of days where you might need high clearance after a snowfall but before the plows clear the snow away. I love that they suffer so many more issues than a toyota or honda.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ha ha ha hilarious joke good thing that will never actually happen... oh

Edit: Wow that's from 1927 lmao, that's even earlier than I expected and lol at how far fetched the last panel must have seemed then

mystes has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Mar 16, 2022

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jestery posted:

With petrol increasing in price, I'm seeing something interesting

Lots of second hand bike on FB marketplace/ gumtree

Looks like people are buying e-bike and selling the old analog they had in the garage

Good omens and portents I guess

or people are making more space in their garage for a bigger SUV

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

withak posted:

:lol: @ keeping a loaded gun within reach of your child strapped into a car seat.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The dad left the gun out

this is the most depressing episode of Columbo ever.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

this is the most depressing episode of Columbo ever.

Ah, just one more thing, Baby Timmy...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pure depression injected into my heart

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

lol

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Such a weird article and problem to have:
https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1503379425567645698

quote:

The Brooklyn Museum is one of 15 places across the city that has a super charging station in its parking lot. These super chargers can power an electric car battery to 80% in roughly a half-hour.

Last week, Doba charged her car at one of the 10 stalls and five other vehicles were also plugged in. One driver was working on a laptop, another reading a book and the rest were watching television. Doba chose to catch up on an episode of "Schitt’s Creek," but also said the well-placed station is a good excuse to go check out the latest exhibits at the museum.
If living in a high density urban area means you need to camp out in museum parking lots to charge your car maybe you should just take the subway.

Not an expert or anything but getting good charging station coverage doesn't seem important compared to NYC's massive infrastructure problems.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nocturtle posted:

If living in a high density urban area means you need to camp out in museum parking lots to charge your car maybe you should just take the subway.

Not an expert or anything but getting good charging station coverage doesn't seem important compared to NYC's massive infrastructure problems.

if there were a museum at a regular gas station you’d still probably only go in five or six times before it got boring

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Nocturtle posted:

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/wmskeith/status/1503837748070858765?s=21

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's Thursday and I hate cars

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

well at least we invented a form of transportation that dumps tons of carbon into the air while it's idling!

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

it's thursday, thursday. gotta hate cars on thursday

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

well at least we invented a form of transportation that dumps tons of carbon into the air while it's idling!

7th Ave has two bus lines, both of which move slower than walking because of all the cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nocturtle posted:

It's because people have decided electric cars are good and the future and will solve all problems with cars, so we might as well shut down the subway and focus on getting people access to electric chargers.