Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got the nail in a Dead Cells run this weekend and man that game is good when it turns into Hollow Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What if Crowsworn is actually better? Wouldn't that be a thing.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I definitely hit a brick wall of "GET GUD" in Dead Cells around 1-2 cells into the difficulty when I was like "yeah, I'm okay. I don't need to play this anymore."

That's what I feel like when I see insane people do the Godsholm gauntlets with zero life lost or some poo poo. It's good to know one's own limits.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

What if Crowsworn is actually better? Wouldn't that be a thing.

I'm honestly very hopeful. Something being derivative doesn't preclude it from being good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm honestly very hopeful. Something being derivative doesn't preclude it from being good.

Kinda like your posts! :wom:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s no longer going to be a bench save system, you can just quick save and quick load anytime.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

There’s no longer going to be a bench save system, you can just quick save and quick load anytime.

This should be an accessibility option in every single game.

Holy poo poo Silksong release date!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETyIOsxPoE4&t=727s
lol

Cactus fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 16, 2022

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Half-life 3 Silksong confirmed

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Silksong is the most wishlisted game on Steam

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
In good vapourwave shitshoe company with Bloodlines 2

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Silksong is the most wishlisted game on Steam

nice to see someone knock Elden Ring off their high horse

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What is party animals? Some kinda furry hentai game?

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Oh wow, I never new the date column is just plain text so a publisher can put whatever they want in there instead of limiting it to a date or "TBA".

Dwarf Fortress Release Date: Inshallah

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Silksong release date: Bapanada

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
According to Makoto Koji’s Instagram account, she has completed her voiceover work as Hornet.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Gonna be weird playing a HK game where the protagonist has a voice, even if it's just speaking buglish. I wonder if Hornet will have combat grunts and the like.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Silksong release date: Bapanada

This should be the thread title.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope this game comes out someday. Especially, someday this year.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

elden ring came out, anything is possible

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its coming out tomorrow

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Its coming out tomorrow

Bapanada

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I hope to goodness it doesn't come out in the next few months because with Elden Ring around, I do not have time right now and I would be ultra-conflicted about which one to play.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Harriet Carker posted:

I hope to goodness it doesn't come out in the next few months because with Elden Ring around, I do not have time right now and I would be ultra-conflicted about which one to play.

One of these games would be good and the other would be Elden Ring so the choice is easy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL what a fuckin edgelord

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

edge,

lord...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
back when i first got Silksong hype (like two years ago) i wrote and posted a fanfic about possible events bridging it and the Dream No More ending

recently my brother read it to get some references for his friends' d&d campaign (long story) and then had it typeset and bound. made for a nice present

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hollow Knight: Threadshittercutter

that looks really cool though

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Oxxidation posted:

back when i first got Silksong hype (like two years ago) i wrote and posted a fanfic about possible events bridging it and the Dream No More ending

I would like a link to this if possible

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tenebrais posted:

Gonna be weird playing a HK game where the protagonist has a voice, even if it's just speaking buglish. I wonder if Hornet will have combat grunts and the like.

If there isn't a dedicated button for shouting GIT GUD at my enemies, Silksong will be a failure.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bleck posted:

I would like a link to this if possible

sure, here you go

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I was wondering why Silksong was trending haha another indieworld showcase is upon us. (and we won't see the game at it)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I dunno, I got a feeling about this one

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
When is it?

Thursday!

External Organs fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 10, 2022

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The promise has been made.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
*sigh*

Bapanada.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Duke Silksong Forever

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

• 2 years 6 months since Team Cherry's last social media post or public communication of any kind (not including retweets)
  • 2 years 11 months since they last showed new in-game content (E3 2019)
  • 3 years 3 months since they announced Silksong had scope creeped its way to a paid standalone game
  • 5 years 3 months since Hollow Knight's release
  • 6 years 11 months since Hollow Knight's initially planned release
  • 7 years 6 months since they committed to a 2nd playable character DLC stretch goal on Kickstarter

In conclusion:

Bogart posted:

The promise has been made.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

*sigh*

Bapanada.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I believe

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

This is probably going to end up like Barkley 2 where, years after everyone else has given up, we're the last ones on the internet holding up a torch for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Only 1 year and 5 months since the Edge magazine article.

Can't remember if anything weird happened during that time that might have messed with development.