Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

CJ posted:

One thing i noticed today, i tried to leave a Castrum Meridianum but because i was too slow they began pulling and it wouldn't let me leave mid combat so i just alt+f4ed. When i came back later it gave me the xp for completing it even though i was logged off. I get giving completion credit if you DC during the final boss or something but it's kind of silly to give XP to someone who disconnected right at the start.

hey don't do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

CJ really earning that avatar by being a toxic player lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Is that the same guy that didn't get TBN and then complained about how hard dungeons were?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yes. Just don't do MSQ roulette my dude, I don't.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Why do people keep outing themselves as obnoxious players in this thread lol

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

No Dignity posted:

Why do people keep outing themselves as obnoxious players in this thread lol

It’s the same player twice in a row at this point I believe.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
One dork’s struggle to be the exception to the FF14 community’s reputation.

Goddamn like seriously how do you have this little self-awareness about this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJ just appears to be a weird masochist who wants everyone to tell them what an rear end in a top hat they are. At this point it is best not to contribute to their public humiliation fetish

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

It’s the same player twice in a row at this point I believe.

There's the Alliance roulette riggers who couldn't stop piping up a few months ago as well!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I can't decide which witch hats I want, or which ones to match with which witch outfits. Pretty obvious what to do.

Stopping at lvl 70 for now to avoid ShB spoilers.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Heran Bago posted:

I can't decide which witch hats I want, or which ones to match with which witch outfits. Pretty obvious what to do.

Stopping at lvl 70 for now to avoid ShB spoilers.

Glamour spreadsheets. :hmmyes:

I'm partial to Vanya, personally.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Usually people will votekick you if you DC and never come back. Aside from being dickish, it's not a guaranteed way of AFKing a dungeon.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Most times unless someone notices, they can't vote kick anyway since you can't initiate the vote when in combat, and people will continue to pull anyway. Especially for CM.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Soon Praetorium will be cut to 2/3rds to half its current length and probably be not much longer than Castrum and pay out similarly. Maybe then jerks will stop quitting out of Castrum.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1504112205930803211

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've grown to appreciate Castrum more since I learned there's a couple spots in it where you can demonstrate a form of skill to make it go faster. Namely I had a "mind blown" moment when someone taught me you can use timely stuns to keep the shielded colossus boss from going invincible, and now because I'm almost always tank in MSQR (perpetual tank in need lol) I get to play a mini game of stunning that dude and feeling like an ace when it works.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SuperKlaus posted:

I've grown to appreciate Castrum more since I learned there's a couple spots in it where you can demonstrate a form of skill to make it go faster. Namely I had a "mind blown" moment when someone taught me you can use timely stuns to keep the shielded colossus boss from going invincible, and now because I'm almost always tank in MSQR (perpetual tank in need lol) I get to play a mini game of stunning that dude and feeling like an ace when it works.

I agree that it's a lot of fun.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Soon Praetorium will be cut to 2/3rds to half its current length and probably be not much longer than Castrum and pay out similarly. Maybe then jerks will stop quitting out of Castrum.

I think the shift to a four man dungeon is going to change things up quite a bit. Hopefully it'll be better!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can't wait to get Prae in a roulette now and go "hey guys it's my first time here : ) please let me watch the cutscenes"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I wonder if they're also going to keep the cutscenes as-is, or convert some to mid fight conversations. Like having Gaius and Cid have their back and forth while you fight the colossus, or Nero launches into his tirade while you beat him up.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Also:

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1504112767401283597?t=ECGeSTHRnwrTZuKBG06qYg&s=19

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Truly dire

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Not enough potatoes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Honestly, that's closer than I expected.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The Chairman posted:

• Ostensibly Special Timeworn Map - exclusive to the event, a version of the Kumbhiraskin map that guarantees a portal to the treasure dungeon

It looks like these are actually the level 80 maps. (This might actually be better because people are far more interested in last expansion’s map glams.)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Detheros posted:

Not enough potatoes.

All potatoes all the time.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yoshi-P change FFXVI to have a catgirl protagonist, it's what the people want

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I do wonder how the gender split would change if just catgirls were removed.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rynoto posted:

There’s still a higher proportion of fem!Au Ra to masc!Au Ra. I think you’d have to take both out before it would even out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rynoto posted:

You could ask the same about any of the races.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Even if Hyur were the only race, you probably wouldn't see that different of a gender split.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

FuturePastNow posted:

Yoshi-P change FFXVI to have a catgirl protagonist, it's what the people want

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

ImpAtom posted:

You could ask the same about any of the races.

Looking at LuckyBancho's lodestone survey, that's mostly true. It's a little outdated since he hasn't done one for the first bit of 2022 yet, but a couple of races are more split by clan than gender. Highlanders barely exist on Japanese worlds, and Dunesfolk outnumber Plainsfolk 3 to 1. And as expected, masc!Viera are now the majority for them.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

add a hrothgar character to the scions/new adventuring party/whatever so we can actually have a hrothgar character that isnt either tied to optional content (bozja, gunbreaker job questline, role quests) or locked to being on the first already :colbert:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mix. posted:

add a hrothgar character to the scions/new adventuring party/whatever so we can actually have a hrothgar character that isnt either tied to optional content (bozja, gunbreaker job questline, role quests) or locked to being on the first already :colbert:

but there already is one, it's me, i'm the warrior of light :shrug:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

but there already is one, it's me, i'm the warrior of light :shrug:

:emptyquote:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I mean, same, I just want another one :v:

that way there can be two of them

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I was planning to use the free Fantasia to change to Hrothgar or Viera since they're not an option in the free trial, but then I got to attached to the catboy I made. :negative:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I don’t care who or what any potential new scions are, just don’t give them white hair lol.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I don’t care who or what any potential new scions are, just don’t give them white hair lol.

Instructions unclear, generating a new Byakko-colored Hrothgar Scion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Any timeline on hrothgals yet?