Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Toplowtech posted:

It's probably not going to be Avengers or Predators. Lol if he sends them Ravens.
Could be prototype drones

2014 https://medium.com/war-is-boring/the-u-s-air-force-was-not-fond-of-the-next-gen-predator-drone-77cb9a3d10b8 posted:

The Air Force desired a “hardened” MQ-X airframe, the history states—an airframe that could “withstand significant battle damage, while the on-board systems detected, avoided and countered both physical anti-air and electronic communications and GPS jamming threats.”

Ideally, the MQ-X would meet all these requirements. The Avenger, however, could not—according to the Air Force.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
many of us here are just dumb, tyvm.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

:coffeepal:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

there’s nothing the US loves more than arming and backing nazis

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The switchblade-600 sounds like the kind of hardware they would want deployment data.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBES_J9N9k4
Edit: gently caress i miss ebn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWveRkuDGqw

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/crampell/status/1504087207795113986

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/HopeisaBison/status/1503917744990953475

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Snuff Melange posted:

I'm kinda new to SA but does D&D really probe for politely worded disagreements re: people's optimism in the Ukraine conflict?

Seems that way and just lol. Definitely seeing what you guys always say about that subforum.
Ytlaya made a good point in one of the many D&D feedback threads: if you want to argue a position opposed to the zeitgeist in there you need to make your points in one or two posts then stop, because if you dig in and tenaciously defend an unpopular position the probability of you getting punished approaches 1. Not even because of conscious ideological enforcement, just because the mods are blind to their own biases and mods that don't share the biases of the user base get hounded out sooner or later.

Either a mod reading the conversation will feel that since they think your position is wrong it must be fallacious and eventually they find some formal fallacy to accuse you of committing (and well good luck arguing with them in PMs that they wrongly identified a fallacy or continuing the discussion the next day), or people get mad enough at opposing ideas to start reporting all your posts and whichever mod has to clear the report queue that day is like "gently caress all these reports about the same person they must be the problem" and well there's a button right there to put a 6 to 24 hour stop on the posts that are being reported, so

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I did vote to the left of Biden actually but something tells me she'd get mad about that too

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

By definition, nobody can deliver to the left of any actual progress that is being made, because then their progress would be actual and thus they could not deliver to the left of it

I am beginning to suspect this sentiment is not held in good faith :thunk:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I actually voted to the left several times but her kind made it clear what an illusory farce that is so

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

POINT OF ORDER

That's not actually a US Flag she's wearing. It's patterned to kinda look like one, but it's not.

:smuggo:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

loquacius posted:

confession: part of me is a little glad Bernie lost because chances are he would have sucked too and at least this way I can say I was right and I've always been right about Joe Biden sucking poo poo

Nah, Bernie would have sucked but he would have sucked in the ways we already know about. As much as we make fun of the libs for "incremental change" a Bernie presidency actually would have been incremental change for the better. He's just not a revolutionary Marxist like everyone who goes "you need to settle for incremental change" has in their heads because they're conservatives who don't want to be called bad people.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/therecount/status/1504084796812800004

thread title plz

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

hans molemanishly: I need the biggest delivery to the left you've got..... no, that's too left

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

there is some truth to this, but anyone who attempts to build and/or deliver anything to the left in this country ends up building and delivering an extremely suspicious set of circumstances around their death

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

nobody wants to date mitch it's kinda sad

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricBoehlert/status/1504125523265564672

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

there is some truth to this, but anyone who attempts to build and/or deliver anything to the left in this country ends up building and delivering an extremely suspicious set of circumstances around their death

even if interpreted in the best faith, the unspoken postscript to that tweet is "...because people like me moved heaven and earth to stop you" and she knows it drat well and is loving proud of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

even if interpreted in the best faith, the unspoken postscript to that tweet is "...because people like me moved heaven and earth to stop you" and she knows it drat well and is loving proud of it

oh certainly, i just don't really blame anyone for being all talk when anyone walking the walk for real in recent memory has ended up with a gunshot wound in a burned up car

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

loquacius posted:

(a) not surprised that Whoopi Goldberg was raised by the kind of person that would tell her this (b) ok now what about all the actual jewish actors :thunk:

Oh no, thats just a fun fact I learned when Whoopi said the Holocaust wasn't about race because the Jews were white. I didn't mean to imply she's right, just that she's a giant dumbass and offspring of a dumbass

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Or get Donzinger'd and even if you score a victory, your life is turned into a living nightmare

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/1503400514880516102

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ohhh the insane nervous laughter was at the idea of who would answer the question about helping refugees. That makes so much more sense than her laughing at the existence of Ukrainian refugees. Can't believe I was so confused.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Kamala *did not* cackle with delight as she watched the orphanage burn down. She merely just remembered a funny joke she heard earlier in the day.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/SovernNation/status/1504109781761421320

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

loquacius posted:

I did vote to the left of Biden actually but something tells me she'd get mad about that too

hell yeah I voted for trump too :hfive:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Thank u for your service, Politifact.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

have you people never heard of multitasking jesus

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Laughing with refugees

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

If 2024 is a Biden-Trump rematch and Biden loses, then would a vote for Biden be a vote for Trump?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

do they not realize this stuff comes off as insanely patronizing?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fact check: Harris is just really bad at press conferences

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
*laughing maniacally* I feel your pain, mmkay

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

I learned this evening in GBS that CSPAM is just wall to wall:

Tankies
Alt right Trumpies
Fascists

Yesterday CSPAM was 'incel-adjacent' but today it's just straight incels

shape it up, weirdos

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

tactlessbastard posted:

I learned this evening in GBS that CSPAM is just wall to wall:

Tankies
Alt right Trumpies
Fascists

I have requested that the mods rename CSPAM to "The Think Tankies" and they have agreed. Just waiting on the paperwork to go through

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Republicans are dumb as gently caress and will take any opportunity, no matter how logically ridiculous, to attack Biden. It's really that simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i remember one guy just being aghast that anyone could be anti-interventionist, considering it horrible and immoral. i'm guessing most of these people considered themselves staunchly anti-interventionist before this and will consider themselves so afterwards.

liberals just have a separate War Brain that takes over when it's time to kill foreigners