Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

They're such a bore and that whole deal reeks of old boys club.

Just loving pay the Manning bros and let them do commentary instead of a weird Zoom thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
loving Christ does the general public care about announcers that much? I get we’re all obsessive weirdos but I honestly thought they could toss most anybody in the booth and the vast majority of folks wouldn’t notice

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Thaddius the Large posted:

loving Christ does the general public care about announcers that much? I get we’re all obsessive weirdos but I honestly thought they could toss most anybody in the booth and the vast majority of folks wouldn’t notice

They do care yes.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Tim Whatley posted:

They're such a bore and that whole deal reeks of old boys club.

Just loving pay the Manning bros and let them do commentary instead of a weird Zoom thing!

No, the magic of the Mannings is the weird Zoom thing. If you take them out of that and put them in the booth instead, we’re going to lose out on them shooting the poo poo and talking trash about garbage QBs because suddenly there’s expectations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1504136145743106057?s=20&t=yl1pE7FAcL893146DroEzQ

It would seem like the Falcons are legitimately interested in Watson and not just trying to drive up the price on the Panthers and Saints as speculated.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Thaddius the Large posted:

People notice if announcers are really good or really bad, and the slate of people they had after Tirico left PBP, or the color guys after Gruden left, AFAIK all got various levels of negative responses from even casual viewers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1504136145743106057?s=20&t=yl1pE7FAcL893146DroEzQ

It would seem like the Falcons are legitimately interested in Watson and not just trying to drive up the price on the Panthers and Saints as speculated.

Are the Falcons sans Matt Ryan the worst roster in the league? If so, yes that's a good place for Watson to end up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kidcoelacanth posted:

remember the witten year? lmao

Wait, did Jason Witten retire to become an announcer on ESPN?

If only someone had mentioned this on TFF when it happened!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Stuck between wanting the falcons to never win a game again, and wanting watson to go to the falcons so I can really and truly unleash the hate

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Are the Falcons sans Matt Ryan the worst roster in the league? If so, yes that's a good place for Watson to end up.

They have, uh... Kyle Pitts. Jake Matthews. Grady Jarrett. And...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

They have, uh... Kyle Pitts. Jake Matthews. Grady Jarrett. And...

Watch Pitts be a part of the trade package.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Number 1 WR Olamide Zaccheaus

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

Wait, did Jason Witten retire to become an announcer on ESPN?

If only someone had mentioned this on TFF when it happened!

Don't worry he retired from being an announcer to gain 2 yards per catch for a year in the NFL after that happened, so we didn't need to talk about it. Worked out well for everyone in the end.

Oh god looking it up I totally forgot he spent a year with the Raiders to end his career. 13 touches on the year, he was active for every game.

e: Just considering stuff after looking everything up, he's going to be a hall of famer because he accumulated a hell of a lot of stats but he's one of the more boring hall of fame locks I can think of. I can't remember either being excited about or hating Jason Witten when he wasn't talking during that broadcast stint. Other than just random Cowboy player dislike I guess.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 16, 2022

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The desolation of the Atlanta Falcons in the course of five years or so is just an incredible story

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Baker and Pete Carroll are perfect for one another.
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1504144030610993152

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

AndrewP posted:

The desolation of the Atlanta Falcons in the course of five years or so is just an incredible story

Update the Bois doc!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Baker and Prez deserve each other.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Browns loving do something so my eyes stop darting back to twitter already.

What is Baker even worth? A 2? Wentz and Darnold went for a 1 and 2 respectively

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If I'm the Colts and Carr isn't available, I definitely go for Baker.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Update the Bois doc!

No, he needs to update his The Browns Are In Hell video.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Saints loving do something so my eyes stop darting back to twitter already.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mayfield on the Seahawks could be fun.

re: Overtime changes. Imagine being gassed on defense in the final drive of regulation and going to overtime, losing the coin toss, and not being able to stop the offense from scoring a TD and the 2-point conversion.
Maybe something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViDM85rg-gs

People would be soooooo mad.

Let's do it.
:allears:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think Baker to the Colts would make their odds to win the AFC South about even with TEN.

Carr would bump them ahead.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 16, 2022

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I imagine if the Falcons trade for Watson they are doing a separate deal to move Ryan and then flip whatever they get to the Texans for Watson + some draft picks.

Matt Ryan looks like the perfect Colts QB right now, except they literally don't have poo poo to trade back lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jimmy, I guess, no longer has a no-trade clause.

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1504150815501606914

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Deshaun apparently really wants to go to Atlanta. Sounds like for Watson it’s basically top 3 in order of:

Atlanta
Cleveland
New Orleans

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

How do the Falcons even salary dump Ryan if they get Watson?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Browns reading their sort of competent QB to whiff on Watson is the most browns move possible.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Browns reading their sort of competent QB to whiff on Watson is the most browns move possible.

I doubt they are ever in a position to really regret letting Baker go.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nodoze posted:

I imagine if the Falcons trade for Watson they are doing a separate deal to move Ryan and then flip whatever they get to the Texans for Watson + some draft picks.

Matt Ryan looks like the perfect Colts QB right now, except they literally don't have poo poo to trade back lol

Colts still have draft capital, but it would have to be with a team that's fine with a 2023 first round pick. The Falcons would be pretty likely to take that, I think.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mcmagic posted:

I doubt they are ever in a position to really regret letting Baker go.

Oh they absolutely will be unless they have some back up options available. The QB market is pretty dire right now

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What in the world does Atlanta have to offer outside picks (?) and Pitts? That roster is pretty dire, isn't it? Wouldn't they have to send another first to take Ryan's lovely contract as well?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They apparently never filed the restructure from last week so he's still on his old contract. Idk if that changes anything in his dead money but maybe there's something they can do with a different style restructure.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What in the world does Atlanta have to offer outside picks (?) and Pitts? That roster is pretty dire, isn't it? Wouldn't they have to send another first to take Ryan's lovely contract as well?
They have no catchers of the football other than Pitts. I assume guys like Fuller and his 4 games played per year are incoming if they can close the deal.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Joey Freshwater posted:

They apparently never filed the restructure from last week so he's still on his old contract. Idk if that changes anything in his dead money but maybe there's something they can do with a different style restructure.
Yeah according to OverTheCap they eat an almost 28m dead cap hit but free up almost 9m by doing it, if its post June 1 trade or cut.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Matt Ryan is still good enough that a lot of teams would be willing to actually trade something for him

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Matt Ryan Is The Mattew Stafford Of 2022 I say hoping some team will bite if Houston gets him back for Watson

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Come on just spill the drat package

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1504165780891578369

DariusLikewise posted:

Matt Ryan is still good enough that a lot of teams would be willing to actually trade something for him

For a 36mil cap hit though?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How did the falcons go from not in the conversation to the top spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Come on just spill the drat package

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1504165780891578369

For a 36mil cap hit though?

His salary is only 16m this year. He’s got a 7.5m roster bonus due on the 18th but the Falcons likely have to eat there because he probably won’t be traded before then. The Falcons will end up paying most of his cap hit this year.