Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Forget Hot Toys or big Figuarts… what if I went really big and got these: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibl...tm_nooverride=1

I have Pink and think its really nice. They're very tall so the whole team will need a significant amount of space to pose and display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

ThreeZero do make some kick rear end robots though. That's where they shine.

This is exactly what my wallet didn't need to hear. I have just a single Hot Toy at the moment (Punisher War Machine) and was thinking of getting the ThreeZero Hulk Buster Iron Man as my other foot-tall robot man (even though they obviously won't be to scale with one another).

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

I saw that BBTS has the reissue Turtle Blimp in stock for 75 GODDAMN DOLLARS and out of curiosity I checked to see what it originally retailed for. To my surprise, it’s in stock on Walmart right now. I ordered one, 40 bucks with shipping. Will I actually get it? Who can say.

I think it might be a case of them buying Walmart stock then reselling. I haven't seen the blimp, but the party wagon was sitting around forever at my store before I finally bought it. $40 is decent for these vehicle rereleases, but $75 is not worth it.

Hell, I payed that much for origins Castle Grayskull and that set is amazing.

Also:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1504131504959631369?t=KM6pw5leLXN_dPjFHMLGQg&s=19

Just take my money, Super7.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 16, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I'm kind of surprised by how little Goji comes with, thought for sure he'd have Super X2 with him

But yeah really good showing. I hope Rose can move around a little more than she looks though

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I was wondering if they would be in scale with each other but I guess not. Really cool though!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No time for linking but MOTU Origins reveals today

Snout Spout
Leech
Mantenna
Grizzlor
200X Skeletor
Roton

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Rhyno posted:

Snout Spout
Leech
Mantenna
Grizzlor
200X Skeletor
Roton

They are freaking Killing it with MOTU this spring.

Also pre-ordered wave 1 of Godzilla Ultimates through S7's website. Did the payment plan and it came out to 4 payments of about $47 every 2 weeks.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I was wondering if they would be in scale with each other but I guess not. Really cool though!

They kind of are actually. Rose is about Godzilla's height, only 5 meters taller, but they're almost never in the same shot directly so its hard to tell.

I'm not sure if she's the right dimensions but Rose is weird

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The little mouth in the rose looks really doofy. Same with the closed mouth for Godzilla.

I'd like to see what the final ones look like. I'm assuming these are renders but they look slightly too shiny to me.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

The little mouth in the rose looks really doofy. Same with the closed mouth for Godzilla.

I'd like to see what the final ones look like. I'm assuming these are renders but they look slightly too shiny to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5RxyVUZOQ

I kind of hate how they do videos, and these aren't the *final* products, but here are some of the physical prototypes for a better idea of how they look. I don't know why they don't take pictures of these instead of the renders, but you know

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Snout Spout
Leech
Mantenna
Grizzlor
200X Skeletor
Roton

https://twitter.com/mastersofficial/status/1504139578151604226?s=21

They all look absolutely fuckin sick, I’m so hyped for these!

Leech might be a deluxe release because he has swappable suction cup head/hands.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Snout Spout has been at the top of my want list. Excited!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1504140764628070407?s=21

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Burkion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5RxyVUZOQ

I kind of hate how they do videos, and these aren't the *final* products, but here are some of the physical prototypes for a better idea of how they look. I don't know why they don't take pictures of these instead of the renders, but you know

Still look really shiny and off to me. I guess I stick with Monsterarts for what I want.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

Snout Spout has been at the top of my want list. Excited!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1504140764628070407?s=21

Oh no, the weird ones I might genuinely want. As long as there’s no Extendar…

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The weirder the better in MOTU for my taste. Fewer humans, more cyborg elephants and humanoid bundles of snakes etc

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
will snout spout's play features be preserved? if it's a functioning water gun, i might have to get one.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

The weirder the better in MOTU for my taste. Fewer humans, more cyborg elephants and humanoid bundles of snakes etc

This is exactly what drew me into the franchise. The character designs are just so crazy and fun.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Cloks posted:

will snout spout's play features be preserved? if it's a functioning water gun, i might have to get one.

Looks like he had two heads, one water shooting and the other articulated

https://twitter.com/mastersofficial/status/1504139596497448961?s=21

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Looks like he had two heads, one water shooting and the other articulated

https://twitter.com/mastersofficial/status/1504139596497448961?s=21

Another one with two heads… I don’t know if they’re going hog wild with deluxe releases or if they are upping their game for standard figures… I’d guess the former.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I loved Snout Spout as a kid. Lots of great origins figures coming.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Shiroc posted:

Still look really shiny and off to me. I guess I stick with Monsterarts for what I want.

Yeah. I was really anticipating this reveal and it's not drawn me in at all. I think Rose Biolante is a great design but maybe not the best choice for the first action figure as it really draws attention to the lack of articulation for both Godzila and itself.

Also, I expected way more accessories. No power effects at all?!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah. I was really anticipating this reveal and it's not drawn me in at all. I think Rose Biolante is a great design but maybe not the best choice for the first action figure as it really draws attention to the lack of articulation for both Godzila and itself.

Also, I expected way more accessories. No power effects at all?!

I'm still going in because I have hope for further figures down the line, but yeah.

The lack of even Super X 2 for Goji is disheartening to me. And her statue-like nature is exactly why I wanted it to be final form, but I get it, Rose is more unique.

I do wonder what the other two figures in this wave were going to be.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Hot Toys announced its second figure from Eternals, Gilgamesh. It looks great, fantastic likeness. However; how many of these do they think they’ll sell? I can’t imagine people are clamoring for Eternals figures, especially ones that aren’t Ikaris or Cersi. It has to be just a contractual obligation, right?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

Hot Toys announced its second figure from Eternals, Gilgamesh. It looks great, fantastic likeness. However; how many of these do they think they’ll sell? I can’t imagine people are clamoring for Eternals figures, especially ones that aren’t Ikaris or Cersi. It has to be just a contractual obligation, right?

Gilgamesh might be the one other one that would sell well but outside that...

Also minor update, Brian Flynn confirmed that Godzilla's tail will be fully articulated, which I was hoping they'd mention sooner than later. That puts me more at ease. Its such a minor thing I know but it feels weird to take a step back from what even NECA was offering in regards to tail articulation. It's such a huge part of the design, it needs to have a life of its own.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Joe Fisto posted:

I’d be shocked if the “put a fuckin saddle on it” guy knew what a cutey honey was.

I'm late, but since Shogun Warriors was mattel, it's possible if he was around and checked out related IP.

And that would be amazing.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I checked Target again tonight and they had a big Neca haul-a-thon section with tons of TMNT stuff, a Wolfman figure, an Evil Dead Ash, a Back to the Future guy, and NO Demona. I don't know if she sold out really fast or just didn't show up / get put out yet, but the section didn't look super picked-over. They had a bunch of copies of every figure that was there, just no Demona. Mysterious. Again, I expect that figure to become very easy to find, eventually, but it's still disappointing. (Checked all the regular toy areas too, and the spot where Neca stuff usually goes... nothing interesting.)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah hopefully it will be just as easy to find as Goliath is.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Going to probably write up a post about my thoughts on the super 7 godzilla stuff soon ish, so look forward to that I guess.

Working through my thoughts on them and why I feel the way I do. It's interesting at least!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Decided to get the Great Ape Vegeta. I think he’ll go great with my other Figuarts, and besides I’m already planning to get the Hot Toys Luke that’s coming out later this year.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbL3dtyJOCW/?hl=en

Still going to do a post tomorrow but this makes me feel better about Rose

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

https://twitter.com/mastersofficial/status/1504139578151604226?s=21

They all look absolutely fuckin sick, I’m so hyped for these!

Leech might be a deluxe release because he has swappable suction cup head/hands.

They're going to make me buy a 2nd Grizzlor just for his feet, aren't they.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I checked Target again tonight and they had a big Neca haul-a-thon section with tons of TMNT stuff, a Wolfman figure, an Evil Dead Ash, a Back to the Future guy, and NO Demona. I don't know if she sold out really fast or just didn't show up / get put out yet, but the section didn't look super picked-over. They had a bunch of copies of every figure that was there, just no Demona. Mysterious. Again, I expect that figure to become very easy to find, eventually, but it's still disappointing. (Checked all the regular toy areas too, and the spot where Neca stuff usually goes... nothing interesting.)

I just want that dang GITD Muckman.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got Marvel Legends retro Spider-Armor Spidey and while he’s still in the packaging right now, he still looks glorious. That Spidey was the first figure I ever got from the Toybiz line for the animated series back in the 90s so I’ve always had a soft spot for the design, and the new ML version does not disappoint. He’s all shiny and he looks perfect.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Found a NECA display, it was only missing one figure. The only one I want. Of course.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Double post!

There she is. Also He-Ro?

https://twitter.com/mastersofficial/status/1504491620938358785?s=21

Oh poo poo battle armor has a beard!

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 17, 2022

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

She’s beautiful!

https://twitter.com/mastersofficial/status/1504491637174538248?s=21

(Weird how that embedded as a reply to the He-Ro post)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joe Fisto posted:

Found a NECA display, it was only missing one figure. The only one I want. Of course.

Find Demona!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Find Demona!

Oh I found her. On eBay for 150 bucks. gently caress that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want the new evil dead ash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
These MOTU reveals are amazing.

Snake Mountain tomorrow..........?