Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

When you get to the Lord of Blood's second phase he bleeds you three times in a row so you're guaranteed to spend at least two flasks to stay alive and each bleed is a lifesteal so he's back to like 2/3 of his full bar lol

I beat him on the first try lol. I remember this attack and I just rolled away from it- if I remember right the bloodflame poo poo applies a DoT effect that also increases bleed stacks so if you just roll away you probably only get 1 or so bleed procs and he doesn't directly hit you much so no healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

there was an npc summon for morgott melina. i thought it was someone doing cosplay but I summoned her to see and it was clearly an NPC. then she started flying around shooting airslashes at morgott :stare: she was just crushing him solo so I quit the game lol

I loved it, I used that sign even though it wasn't a very tough fight, epic story summon :black101:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Larry Parrish posted:

I beat him on the first try lol. I remember this attack and I just rolled away from it- if I remember right the bloodflame poo poo applies a DoT effect that also increases bleed stacks so if you just roll away you probably only get 1 or so bleed procs and he doesn't directly hit you much so no healing.

I think he's talking about the rematch where there's a different effect

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the disgusting mods of resetera locked the elden ring easy mode/accessibility thread after 64 pages of enlightening conversation. something of great value has been lost

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

HolePisser1982 posted:

the disgusting mods of resetera locked the elden ring easy mode/accessibility thread after 64 pages of enlightening conversation. something of great value has been lost

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I Am Iron Man with th competing thread about how easy modes are for chumps

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

i was insanely pleased to find his summon sign in front of the magma wyrm fight. he doesnt give you anything, but i was just happy to see him

Shellfish guy is the only npc with half a brain

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

I climbed up a bunch of mountains then got bodied by a a beetle bull boss like 3 times. So now I'm exploring the valley below like a worm after the classic souls trick.

You can skip that dude

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just fought magma wyrm yesterday and didn’t see prawn guy. Would have been cool to crack him in ‘alf together.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You can skip that dude

I figured as much based on how is arena looks a bit isolated so im rerouting, gelmir is a bit tricky as unlike every other area the map signpost seems super far in and hard to reach. Boss was doing acceptable damage to me but my damage in return was pathetic so figure I'll leave him to later. I fought a weaker copy of him in a mine and I think he just has high resist anyway but I was doing like .5 cm of damage per hit lol

Fiend Matador posted:

I saw the big obvious setup for that trick and walked directly into it with a smile on my face

same it was great lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I figured as much based on how is arena looks a bit isolated so im rerouting, gelmir is a bit tricky as unlike every other area the map signpost seems super far in and hard to reach. Boss was doing acceptable damage to me but my damage in return was pathetic so figure I'll leave him to later. I fought a weaker copy of him in a mine and I think he just has high resist anyway but I was doing like .5 cm of damage per hit lol

lil tip those guys don't like being hit in the face, neither do any of the other kin of the cosmos

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I wasn't expecting it at all and felt like a huge bitch with egg on my face but I wasn't too mad about it because it got me to explore an area I wouldn't have and I immediately found a cool cave with a full set of armor that makes me look like a disgusting mushroom man.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Thought I was hot poo poo because I beat Mohg on the first try, but Malenia is stomping me into the ground. I struggle to get her to her second phase where I die immediately

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

No Dignity posted:

godskin duo is a DS2 rear end fight, do better miyazaki

[thinking about a fat and skinny duo boss with bullshit health mechanics in the middle of a beautiful ancient city] oh yeah, this has dark souls 2 written all over it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Control Volume posted:

[thinking about a fat and skinny duo boss with bullshit health mechanics in the middle of a beautiful ancient city] oh yeah, this has dark souls 2 written all over it

godskin duo dont deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as o&s

mbt fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 17, 2022

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Control Volume posted:

they're a worse version of throne watcher and throne defender yes, even down to the edgewalking and ressing each other. O&S were actually designed to work as a duo and not just be a blob of overlapping hitboxes and cheesy aoes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Elden Ring director won’t stop making difficult games: ‘It’s our identity’ - feels 'apologetic' to those who feel the games are too much to overcome

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the first godskin noble I fought whipped my rear end repeatedly but I memorized his movset and the first godskin apostle was easy and so fun I threw my sign down like 20 times to fight him again so when I ran into the duo I whipped their asses instantly and only one of them revived with literally one hit left.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 16, 2022

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No Dignity posted:

lil tip those guys don't like being hit in the face, neither do any of the other kin of the cosmos

Cool! I figured I'd come back later mainly because I didn't want to deal with him. He's tricky I find mainly because he has fairly brief punish windows and half of his moves immediately make him rear or flail out of my swings.

Got through to the Volcano Manor lol. Was so focussed on the fact I got to that boss arena up a ladder that I must surely leave the same way when I went looking last time that this time I couldn't believe I missed the big ramp off

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Darkstar also the only boss I felt leaping was a necessity for dodging some attacks. Also got the Gelmir map finally. Surprised how much is left post Plateau as I found the map for the city too and it seems lots of foggy bits left

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

charging a giant killer heavy attack on these people

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

the first godskin noble I fought whipped my rear end repeatedly but I memorized his movset and the first godskin apostle was easy and so fun I threw my sign down like 20 times to fight him again so when I ran into the duo I whipped their asses instantly and only one of them revived with literally one hit left.

i didnt know there was a duo, tjhank you larry. when i fought the first one I thought it was a very simple fight and like they would be paired w/ something else or enhanced in someway lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

i didnt know there was a duo, tjhank you larry. when i fought the first one I thought it was a very simple fight and like they would be paired w/ something else or enhanced in someway lol

i didn't notice the first guy spoilered it :negative:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

No Dignity posted:

they're a worse version of throne watcher and throne defender yes, even down to the edgewalking and ressing each other. O&S were actually designed to work as a duo and not just be a blob of overlapping hitboxes and cheesy aoes

Im just going to take you at your word that these guys are just as ball busting as throne watcher and defender

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No Dignity posted:

they're the 4kings OP.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

No Dignity posted:

why don't you loving cry about it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also am I crazy but wasnt throne watcher and defender one of the easiest bosses in ds2 lol.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

also am I crazy but wasnt throne watcher and defender one of the easiest bosses in ds2 lol.

the only boss that gave me trouble in dark souls 2 not counting the dlc was the hole in the old iron king's arena lmao.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

dark souls 2 was very easy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it was my first ds game so the first run was painful but yeah it's probably the only game easier than elden ring tbh. otoh it's also the only one with champions covenant and bonfire ascetics etc let you really ramp it up for yourself.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my favorite npc is the one that sells only boiled prawns outside of his dilapidated swamp house

i bought 200k worth

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

if you get all the way to the end of ds2 and struggle with TWO knights with a horizontal swing and slow overhead swing with a wide opening I hope your day job isnt important for the safety of others

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No Dignity posted:

this is absolutely wrong imo. After doing OS on SL! they are absolutely just a blob of over hitting. Or more specifically O will always hit through S when you try to punish so you end up having to wait ages for them to separate enough that you can land one hit on S who has absurdly long recovery frames on every attack. They also alternate attacks way too fast so there is never really a time one of them isn't attacking you leaving safe openings. Obviously SL1 isn't the fairest metric but it does mean the fight is ultimately very messy because of Ornstein spearing you through Smough so much. Or even Ornstein trying his super rush and getting caught on Smough and it being much more awkward to dodge because you have no idea when he'll pop free.

Watcher and Defender have much more sensible movsets and set ups that let you reasonably safely deal with them and also it just means lowering them both at once instead of just burning down one member of the duo and ending up with a way easier second phase. It just means you have a longer time where you have to do them together and then have to be super aggressive in the 1v1. It's probably the best pure duo fight in the series and a vastly improved version of OS in my opinion.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

♫ fat guy in a godskin cooooat ♫

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
something ive noticed on my high arcane playthrough is that im getting all kinds of crazy weapon and armor drops from enemies. just got an extremely dope scythe from a skeleton

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

it was my first ds game so the first run was painful but yeah it's probably the only game easier than elden ring tbh. otoh it's also the only one with champions covenant and bonfire ascetics etc let you really ramp it up for yourself.

both of these are things i wish they had carried over into dark souls 3 and elden ring. the ring that increased the damage and scaling of your fists owned so hard

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

DS2 did a lot of good stuff that hasnt been replicated even inside the series, but Im also never going to play it again lol. Im just going to be thankful for stat respecs, powerstancing, and 4 ring slots

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Control Volume posted:

DS2 did a lot of good stuff that hasnt been replicated even inside the series, but Im also never going to play it again lol. Im just going to be thankful for stat respecs, powerstancing, and 4 ring slots

earning those extra ring slots in elden ring and the great rune system just handing you an enormous amount of power feels so good.

the first great rune youre basically handed for free gives +5 to all stats when 'runed up', thats one really nice way to incentivize multi lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

something ive noticed on my high arcane playthrough is that im getting all kinds of crazy weapon and armor drops from enemies. just got an extremely dope scythe from a skeleton

arcane increases item drops

Control Volume posted:

i played it again with a friend who never played a soul game before not too long ago and i have completely forgotten everything outside of the dlc and one or two bosses lmao