Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
loving christ, now that song's stuck in my head

I'll never be rid of you, Blippi. You're a part of me. My demon, harlem shaking in the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Jonny Nox posted:

That just goes to show.

Gov'ment's out to get them.

If you keep reading that twitter thread you'll see the government is actually keeping them afloat.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Ror posted:

Science shows that pigeons are dumb and delicious.

I have eaten smoked dove, can confirm.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ror posted:

Squab!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

If a delivery driver backs into your city water main because your complex doesn't have a proper loading dock, how long does it take, on average, for the water main to be repaired? Imagine this is in urban California.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Kenning posted:

If a delivery driver backs into your city water main because your complex doesn't have a proper loading dock, how long does it take, on average, for the water main to be repaired? Imagine this is in urban California.

Okay, I'm confused here.

Why is a water main even in a position for a delivery driver to back into it? Usually those would be underground. Did he smash right through a wall and damage the part inside the building?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

PurpleXVI posted:

Did he smash right through a wall and damage the part inside the building?

Too late, the Kool-Aid man realised you need water to mix; he would never be the undisputed beverage of the city, and now all would perish, he included.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

PurpleXVI posted:

Okay, I'm confused here.

Why is a water main even in a position for a delivery driver to back into it? Usually those would be underground. Did he smash right through a wall and damage the part inside the building?

If it's in southern California, i could see it not being buried that deep, and maybe also being above ground in some circumstances.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

It's brilliant, replace median barriers with water mains so the inevitable Tesla crashes will just flood the fire with enough water to put out the battery fires.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Ror posted:

I thought since they mostly eat street garbage they taste pretty disgusting.

Also my 1-legged seagull friend is back on the balcony this morning. :3:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Wingnut Ninja posted:

You don't eat street pigeons when you have squab. They're raised for the purpose.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I could go for some pizza rat right now.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Av/post combo :kimchi:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Interesting statistic that lines up with the stories I’ve heard about Elon hating safety markings.

However, any injuries that occur at those other companies’ factories outside the US don’t count towards their OSHA numbers, and since most of their labor occurs outside the US (unlike Tesla), I feel like this graph is probably unfairly biased.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sammus posted:

I feel like this graph is probably unfairly biased.

It is biased.

Against every automaker but Tesla.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Sammus posted:

Interesting statistic that lines up with the stories I’ve heard about Elon hating safety markings.

However, any injuries that occur at those other companies’ factories outside the US don’t count towards their OSHA numbers, and since most of their labor occurs outside the US (unlike Tesla), I feel like this graph is probably unfairly biased.

or you could look at it by vehicles produced per injury report. the ford dearborn truck plant alone produces about as many vehicles per year as all tesla production. and ford has 24 other factories in the US

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Sammus posted:

Ford has 25 factories in the US. This includes parts factories. Tesla operates 6 factories in the US, also including parts factories. And some of those factories are producing stuff for Tesla's solar stuff. Even if 80% of Ford's factories are tiny, that doesn't really show bias against Tesla.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Kibayasu posted:

I don’t know who Blippi is but the only poo poo video I remember watching is someone who decided to take a line from a George Carlin set - “You never see someone taking a poo poo while running at full speed” - and make it happen.

That’s my poo poo video story thanks for reading.

Raab Himself in one of the CKY videos, iirc. Absolute classic

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Kenning posted:

The main is the thing buried in the street that serves multiple properties. Presumably you're talking about the individual building's water service line, from where it exits the ground to where it enters your building. If that's the case, it's the property owner's responsibility to repair it, not the city's so it depends on how long whoever they pay to do it takes, and then likely some inspection time.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Thomamelas posted:

Ford has 25 factories in the US. This includes parts factories. Tesla operates 6 factories in the US, also including parts factories. And some of those factories are producing stuff for Tesla's solar stuff. Even if 80% of Ford's factories are tiny, that doesn't really show bias against Tesla.

I stand corrected, I vastly underestimated how many people American automakers (other than Tesla) still employ in this country. I thought it was an order of magnitude or two less.

From what I can find by googling, Nissan has 16000 employees engaged in manufacturing in the US, Ford has 50700, toyota has 32000, and Tesla is claiming something like 20-30000 assembling cars. So yeah they’re really loving something up safety wise.

Nissan needs to get their poo poo together too, as many injuries as Ford, but 1/3 as many people.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 16, 2022

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

In california I think there are laws about residences being without running water for a certain amount of time, with a threat of fines if it's not repaired soon enough. You could maybe check with your county health department, some visibility at an official level might help get it repaired faster.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I also saw 1-legged gull in San Diego in 2018

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Clearly the Oceanic Seagull Health Administration needs to put more effort into safety enforcement

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

EPICAC posted:

I also saw 1-legged gull in San Diego in 2018

How many hairdressers were in the area?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:stonk:
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8ulbkhQ9z1qigfjt.mp4

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
It was really great of that guy to stop the runaway cement truck with his bike

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
massive walmart distribution center is on fire

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/2022/03/16/fire-walmart-distribution-center-plainfield-indiana/7063963001/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Catastroph...utm_name=iossmf

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

quote:

Around 1,000 employees were inside a Walmart Distribution Center in Plainfield Wednesday afternoon when a fire broke out, but no injuries have yet been reported.

goddamn

quote:

"Walmart does believe that all the employees are accounted for at this time and they are being transported by Plainfield school buses to a reunification site," said Deputy Chief Joe Aldridge of the Plainfield Police Department.

still gotta work lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Smoke plume is on radar

https://imgur.com/a/XCg3RL0

Place is huge

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Good god that is a huge rear end fire. Do those fire trucks really stand a chance against a fire that huge?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

hawowanlawow posted:

still gotta work lol

they're not allowed to go back onto the property to get their vehicles so the reunification site is where they can meet up with their families

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

hawowanlawow posted:

goddamn

still gotta work lol

The reunification centre is not to work but to collect all the employees that were scattered throughout the building and make sure they’re alright.

Usually there is an emergency muster station or evacuation location where they’d meet after evacuating the building so the wardens can account for everyone.

Sounds like they’re also encouraging families to go there. I’m presuming that some employees were expecting to be picked up from work after their shift and now their work is on fire they’ll have to get picked up from the secondary location which for some reason has a brand new name of “reunification center”.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Unperson_47 posted:

Good god that is a huge rear end fire. Do those fire trucks really stand a chance against a fire that huge?

Depends on what you mean by "stand a chance". The stuff that's currently on fire is probably not saveable, but they might be able to stop the rest of it from catching while the fire burns itself out.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

That's how Ruff Riders roll

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Crack ping

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Serjeant Snubbin posted:

The reunification centre is not to work but to collect all the employees that were scattered throughout the building and make sure they’re alright.

Usually there is an emergency muster station or evacuation location where they’d meet after evacuating the building so the wardens can account for everyone.

Sounds like they’re also encouraging families to go there. I’m presuming that some employees were expecting to be picked up from work after their shift and now their work is on fire they’ll have to get picked up from the secondary location which for some reason has a brand new name of “reunification center”.

Reunification center sounds like something the Russian government would call where they send Ukrainian refugees.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Jabor posted:

Depends on what you mean by "stand a chance". The stuff that's currently on fire is probably not saveable, but they might be able to stop the rest of it from catching while the fire burns itself out.

yeah the building and its contents are a total loss so it's defensive ops only and much of that media was before additional crews arrived. there's probably not enough flow/pressure in the hydrants to deal with something of that size anyways. my question is did the building have a sprinkler system? if not, why the gently caress not? can a fire even get that big if there's properly designed and implemented sprinklers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

EasilyConfused posted:

Reunification center sounds like something the Russian government would call where they send Ukrainian refugees.

"In language Russian, 'reunification' mean prison camp I mean, vacation luxury resort with many enjoyable activity for family to enjoy with luxury".