Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
No no I meant I only knew Aiden Gillen from GoT. Terrible Irish actors are all over much like unfunny Canadian comedians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Endless Trash posted:

You think that’s sad? I watch the YouTube uploads of Pre Rec. They’re not even live! I’m the lowest of the low.

I thought I was alone in this secret shame. We should form a support group.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's not that bad just saying

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I tried to watch shanghai noon recently and stopped after Jackie's admittedly neat horseshoe meteor hammer fight. It's so loving boring, everyone does a cliche and then mr wilson takes a loooooong time to roll his eyes at it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Duh just watch wheels on meals on loop forever, stupid.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VM89OGZr54&t=172s

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

DiHK posted:

Why can't you guys leave the Irish alone?

They have sexy hair.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's weird seeing mike do the plinkett voice

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gutcruncher posted:

Round robin viewing of Meals on Wheels, Drunken Master 2 and Rumble in the Bronx.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aidan Gillen was good in early GOT and slowly gave up on the accent as the show got worse. Can’t blame him tbh. He’s atrocious in a lot of other stuff. I always liked him in The Wire though.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Aidan Gillen was good in Sing Street. The directors mom thought so too, so 100% audience approval

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Hello, did anyone want something new FROM THE MIND OF MIKE MYERS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgNwhFlCwwI

This really expands the So I Married An Axe-Murderer-verse in new and refreshing ways. I think we can all relate watching that movie a thousand years ago and wondering ever since just what the Pentaverate truly was.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What’s the general temperature on hating Mike Meyers vs just feeling bad for him?

Because I’m definitely leaning toward real loathing atm

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I don't know why you'd bother hating him. Dude has hardly been in the spotlight for years and is now making 1 (one) show.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The Love Guru was really really bad

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

There was a pretty comprehensive hit piece on him like 10 years ago

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

poisonpill posted:

The Love Guru was really really bad

Impressively so

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

PostNouveau posted:

That show Kidding was pretty good. He plays a Fred Rogers type who kinda starts coming apart when his wife divorces him. But not coming apart like benders and hookers and poo poo; it's not like an edgy show.

Are you kidding? it was the edgy show and it was terrible.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

DiHK posted:

Why can't you guys leave the Irish alone?

'cause if you catch one they have to give you three wishes

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I found out earlier this year that Aiden Gillen played the late Irish comedian Dave Allen in a TV movie the BBC made back in 2014. The TV movie itself was eh, but it prompted me to look up some old "Dave Allen at Large" episodes, which I used to watch as a kid back in the 1980s, sandwiched in between Monty Python and Doctor Who on the Chicago PBS station late Sunday nights. Well, that's my "childhood nerd" story, thanks for listening. :tipshat:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
remember austin powers

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Sagebrush posted:

are there more of these? it was good

The same creator has a few similar vids on YT, none as comprehensive though. There are other people that make the enhanced commentary vids too. Just do a search for "RLM commentary"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sunk Dunk posted:

remember austin powers

No

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycu434kkk14

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Gutcruncher posted:

:hmmyes:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yo it sucks that Jackie Chan is a CHUD who hates his gay daughter or whatever because he is a physical genius and one of the most influential actors of all time in terms of stunts. It’s like impossible to find a stunt man working today who doesn’t immediately have 5 JC stunts come to mind when they talk about their influences. He was just so relentlessly entertaining for so long, but he’s essentially turned into Hong Kong Bruce Willis and shoots like 30 movies a year in the sticks.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Why does AGH now have the type of avatar reserved strictly for pedophiles

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mordja posted:

He’s an anime guy now. It’s quite sad.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He’s an anime guy now. It’s quite sad.

Sad to see, really. But that's what anime does to you

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

i thought it was a lost art but apparently someone still holds the ancient texts on how to buy an avatar for someone else that doesn't backfire on themselves

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's even better because the weird pedophile cabal it's making fun of probably wouldn't even realize it's an insult and welcome hodor into their community with open arms. just someone stunting on hodor

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Space Kablooey posted:

Sad to see, really. But that's what anime does to you

Anime - not even once. :hai:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm tired of this bullshit, the Empire is the bad guys, don't you get it you loving idiots
https://twitter.com/JakeTCannon/status/1502684980195037186

poisonpill posted:

What’s the general temperature on hating Mike Meyers vs just feeling bad for him?

Because I’m definitely leaning toward real loathing atm
hate him? Worst thing he ever did was stand awkwardly while Kanye said the president hates black people :shrug: (And The Love Guru, which might be a war crime in some countries)

Dude is rich af and made a couple legendary comedy characters, he might be sad but he's still got it better than 99.9% of humans

If anything, I miss his old style comedy... he's kinda lost it, but this seems to happen to most old comedians (Like Steve Martin...), they just become different people or get depressed af and off themselves :ohdear:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

remember austin powers

:corsair:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

If anything, I miss his old style comedy... he's kinda lost it, but this seems to happen to most old comedians (Like Steve Martin...), they just become different people or get depressed af and off themselves :ohdear:

Steve Martin is frigging great in "No Murders in the Building" along with Martin Short, couple of legends just having a fun time and it's super enjoyable. The addition of Selina Gomez as the 3rd lead was also great with the age/culture differences generating quite a few good jokes.

Mike Myers was never really that funny and had a habit of just grinding jokes into the ground until they were painful. But hate him? No he's done nothing to deserve that!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'm tired of this bullshit, the Empire is the bad guys, don't you get it you loving idiots

Gestures wildly at millions and millions of people actively simping for multiple irl fascist dictators as we speak

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

Gestures wildly at millions and millions of people actively simping for multiple irl fascist dictators as we speak

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I was a teenager in 1999 and I remember going to visit my grandma, who was living alone in a retirement community. She was very kindly with an old fashioned politeness and a quiet demeanor.

She looked very sad and anxious so I asked what's wrong and she said she had gone to the movies with the activities group. She hadn't gone to the movies since Forrest Gump. She said they all saw Austin Powers (2) and told me to never, ever watch that movie. "That awful Mike Myers, and that awful, awful character of his the Fat Bastard. He was called the Fat Bastard and he kept having flatulence. It was the most dreadful thing I've ever seen with my eyes. I'll never be going to the movies again." Pretty sure she never did.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

remember austin powers

I dont want to and you cant make me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mr. Meagles posted:

I was a teenager in 1999 and I remember going to visit my grandma, who was living alone in a retirement community. She was very kindly with an old fashioned politeness and a quiet demeanor.

She looked very sad and anxious so I asked what's wrong and she said she had gone to the movies with the activities group. She hadn't gone to the movies since Forrest Gump. She said they all saw Austin Powers (2) and told me to never, ever watch that movie. "That awful Mike Myers, and that awful, awful character of his the Fat Bastard. He was called the Fat Bastard and he kept having flatulence. It was the most dreadful thing I've ever seen with my eyes. I'll never be going to the movies again." Pretty sure she never did.

lol this guy's related to margibelle