Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Sports names are the best

Edit turns out i've been had but I'm keeping it up there because all those names make me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

https://twitter.com/jane_c_hu/status/1253047948587368448

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Anatoli Smolin snuck in from a hockey game, I feel.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bobson Dugnutt and Todd Bonzalez get all the love but I'm going to say I'm a Mike Truk guy.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

ATTN: Blowjob Overtime

https://twitter.com/asimbawe/status/1503820015782481920?s=21

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Bobson Dugnutt and Todd Bonzalez get all the love but I'm going to say I'm a Mike Truk guy.

Sleve McDichael is the real one

gently caress I already said that.

Also Bobson Dugnutt has voice recordings in The Show. He was my 7’ closer for many years.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Nobody backing my boy Dwigt Rortugal

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

Sleve McDichael is the real one

gently caress I already said that.

Also Bobson Dugnutt has voice recordings in The Show. He was my 7’ closer for many years.

Lots of those names are in the show, I rocked Sleve McDichael for a while :D

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JPrime posted:

Lots of those names are in the show, I rocked Sleve McDichael for a while :D

Hell yeah I guess I didn’t realize they put several in there. Now that the lockout is over I need to reinstall, but I’ve been nuts deep in GT7.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Hell yeah I guess I didn’t realize they put several in there. Now that the lockout is over I need to reinstall, but I’ve been nuts deep in GT7.

I am now "smashing stock Ferraris with a GT3 car" deep into GT7, how's it holding up for you

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

I am now "smashing stock Ferraris with a GT3 car" deep into GT7, how's it holding up for you

Beautifully. I just blew 1.2M credits on an F40 and was hooting like my 15yr old self while doing it. I’ve got a few lovely highly tuned cars. About to work on my international licenses.

I’ve enjoyed it a lot though. Perfect call back. Great racing. The cafe is pretty great. Beautiful on ps4 still, outside of the slightly pixelated rain plumes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

harperdc posted:

Got the '89 M3 and pumped a ton of money in it and started winning all the races there. It owned.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

Got the '89 M3 and pumped a ton of money in it and started winning all the races there. It owned.

Oh man me too. It’s wonderful zipping around Croatia in it.

I juiced up the 09 GT3 pretty hard and murdered the nordschleife. That might be my favorite car at the moment.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Oh man me too. It’s wonderful zipping around Croatia in it.

I juiced up the 09 GT3 pretty hard and murdered the nordschleife. That might be my favorite car at the moment.

Me and a lot of my friends had e30 3 series, and the e30 M3 was our dream car that none of us could afford at the time. The interior of that car looks just like my first car, so its extremely nostalgic when I drive in cockpit view.

I love that the game just sort of gives you the car you need for the next set of races. I've only had to buy one car so far when my corvette stingray kept spinning out in the American races, so I bought a Shelby.

Looking forward to buying / getting an Aston Martin.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Anatoli Smolin snuck in from a hockey game, I feel.

He, Scott Dourque and Shown Furcotte were the fourth line of some late 90s Mighty Ducks roster that was carried by Paul Karyia and Teemu Selänne.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Good thread read

https://twitter.com/WarintheFuture/status/1504219057884581894?t=MK0XjPZjkn42jVONrBewtA&s=19

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Have to say if my savings can afford it, is it worth just biting the bullet and buying a PS5 at Walmart for 900$ since I doubt I'll ever see one that is at normal price?

Like drat I pay for Amazon Prime and they can't have them in stock?

God this is the bougiest thing I've ever said (I will say, I rather not touch my savings; annoyed that my younger brother didn't want to do the plan where we split the cost and I give him the PS4)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was just thinking the other day

remember when Russia invaded Georgia?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

i was just thinking the other day

remember when Russia invaded Georgia?

A big L for them dawgs is hell don't they.

I don't honestly know enough about it but in other Russian land grabs if Chechnya happened when social media was a thing that would have...been interesting.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

achillesforever6 posted:

Have to say if my savings can afford it, is it worth just biting the bullet and buying a PS5 at Walmart for 900$ since I doubt I'll ever see one that is at normal price?

God this is the bougiest thing I've ever said (I will say, I rather not touch my savings; annoyed that my younger brother didn't want to do the plan where we split the cost and I give him the PS4)

$900 for any video game console feels absolutely buck wild, but if you really want one and can afford to spend that much over MSRP then go for it I guess. Also remember that you'll be spending extra on top of that for games.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/LukewarmHoliday/status/1503480045658165252?s=20&t=SwVYQCgys13gPWklegjh-Q

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I remember when Russia first invaded Ukraine at the Crimean peninsula because it happened the same weekend I was at a MilSim West airsoft event and somehow photos of the game ended up on CNN. :v:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

$900 for any video game console feels absolutely buck wild, but if you really want one and can afford to spend that much over MSRP then go for it I guess. Also remember that you'll be spending extra on top of that for games.

I would hope that's at least a bundle that includes games

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Android Apocalypse posted:

I remember when Russia first invaded Ukraine at the Crimean peninsula because it happened the same weekend I was at a MilSim West airsoft event and somehow photos of the game ended up on CNN. :v:

were people cosplaying as the russian army?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

C-Euro posted:

Yeah no worries I came to my senses lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Broly playing linebacker and Goku playing edge? This kid doesn't know poo poo about football archetypes!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

Broly playing linebacker and Goku playing edge? This kid doesn't know poo poo about football archetypes!

We should bring back dog breeds as football position chat. Along with a draft of TFF dogs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

We should bring back dog breeds as football position chat. Along with a draft of TFF dogs.

Is that dog faster than a greyhound? Which one can go the farthest the fastest? If they were on a football field which one would be the receiver and which would be the tight end?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

were people cosplaying as the russian army?

MilSim West has teams divided between US/NATO forces vs. Russians. This was going on in early 2011-2012 before poo poo was actually popping off in Ukraine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

Is that dog faster than a greyhound?

May not be faster but might be more motivated, have more want to and ability to cut. Slot receiver Addie.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

May not be faster but might be more motivated, have more want to and ability to cut. Slot receiver Addie.

i was just trying to see who would recognize a Best in Show quote

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

I would say if this is even a question you shouldn't do it. Everything that you would gain from doing it will be available later on at MSRP and, if recent past is prologue, your cash will be worth considerably less at that point.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

whole lotta avatars in there, just saying.

crying Brett Favre is certainly one of them.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 17, 2022

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Almost every game on ps5 that's good is playable in some form on ps4. Will it be highest quality resolution and framerate? No. Will it have loading times? Yes. But functionally you'd get the same game.

So far I think the only good games you'd miss out on is the new Ratchet and Clank and Returnal. Horizon Forbidden West, Miles Morales, GT7, the upcoming God of War game, and others have gotten cross gen releases, and Sony plans on doing that for the foreseeable future until ps5s don't sell off the shelf immediately when in stock.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

seiferguy posted:

The crying Brett Favre in the corner is just excellent. Prime AV material.

Also maybe it's because I was a pre-teen and teen girl who wrote terrible fanfiction, like one where Sailor Moon turned out to be my sister or I got adopted by Aladdin and Jasmine, folks getting scandalized that kids write fanfiction always makes me laugh a little.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

Is that dog faster than a greyhound? Which one can go the farthest the fastest? If they were on a football field which one would be the receiver and which would be the tight end?

I draft Air Bud. He's most known for his basketball career, but he was also a golden receiver.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The crying Brett Favre in the corner is just excellent. Prime AV material.

Also maybe it's because I was a pre-teen and teen girl who wrote terrible fanfiction, like one where Sailor Moon turned out to be my sister or I got adopted by Aladdin and Jasmine, folks getting scandalized that kids write fanfiction always makes me laugh a little.

I wrote something called My Immortal and my parents found out and never recovered

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Its Rinaldo posted:

I wrote something called My Immortal and my parents found out and never recovered

I hope you at least credited your band mates in Evanescence

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In the mid 1960s, my mom and her best friend in high school filled a cabinet with notebooks of their fanfiction scripts for the obscure western High Chaparral. Complete with self-insert romances, etc. They'd record episodes on a dictaphone and play them back, audio only of course, so they could review previous episodes in order to make sure they stayed in canon. Every day at school they'd pass the notebooks back to each other to edit and complete each other's episodes.

That lady is my godmother. I probably wouldn't exist if they hadn't met on a high school softball field and randomly found out that they were both really into this show.

My mom, as many of you will recall, now has severe parkinsons. She and my stepdad are getting ready to move to colorado in a few weeks, as soon as the house sells basically, so they can afford to pay for her care. They're moving to the town where that high school best friend of hers lives. They'll spend the last years of my mom's life, and dwindling memory, together, friends for sixty years and still going, built on the foundation of a weird two-person fanfiction club for a pretty crappy all but forgotten western serial.

So anyway yeah, fanfiction goes way back.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

If you think about it, the gospels are really all just fan fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is incredible

https://twitter.com/canningbrandon/status/1504196435696398336?s=21