Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh poo poo the blue wave is real after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Gary Markstein

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Jonesin’ for Putin: Trump warned Europe about the dangers of becoming addicted to Putin’s oil and now they’re hooked.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The cartoonist does not know what pestilence means.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Skeleton Mom posted:

congratulations to jimmy dore on receiving the ben garrison endorsement. you really earned it buddy

Jimmy Dore being correctly compared to Tulsi Gabbard and complimented by Ben Garrison is what all three of them deserve, grats to all.

...That does not look like a nose.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Raised By Birds posted:

Stuart Carlson

Clay Jones

lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

He reached all the way back 35 years for a reference he was using just to say "Biden Bad."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This might be one of the most disturbing liberal cartoons I've seen in this thread.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Markstein

Dropping nukes on cities, just like hitler did at the end of ww2

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

what's the context behind this one

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Wow, I had missed that the US funded 200 million dollars worth of biolabs in the Ukraine. Where is that number from?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flaskraven posted:

Wow, I had missed that the US funded 200 million dollars worth of biolabs in the Ukraine. Where is that number from?

Someone's rear end.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Flaskraven posted:

Russian propaganda. Like, literally, even with the "the US has had treaties with ukraine since 2005 about working together against certain foodborne illnesses and / or bioweapons" I can't find any information about the US actually funding anything that didn't directly come from the russians/a russian directly backed source. It's possible I'm just blind and missing it but drat even by garrison standards this is a lmao

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jay Rust posted:

Dropping nukes on cities, just like hitler did at the end of ww2

Don't be disingenuous. It's a lazy cartoon, but Hitler would have launched nukes if he had had them and you know it. He probably wouldn't have waited for 1945 either.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Hmm I need an addictive substance to represent oil, which is famously a liquid

I know! I'll draw cocaine

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

ungulateman posted:

what's the context behind this one

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1503452854308245511

That plus Tucker "Putin never called me racist" Carlson.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Flaskraven posted:

Didn't you read the Garrison rant?

quote:

A Pentagon fact sheet

Which I think is the equivalent of "studies show." What studies? Doesn't matter, all that matters is they show I'm right.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

lightrook posted:

It's actually impressive how badly he failed with the metaphor and how much infinitely better the exact same premise would have worked if only the tank was in the bottom of the hourglass.

It always amazes me just how incompetent the cartoonists are, while still making a living.

Also this annoys the gently caress out of me:

Either lose the label, or, if you want to "update" the david vs golith tale, and think you need to have to label because your readers are mentally deficient, give the ukrainian something more relevant than a sling... like a javelin :getin: Or a loving molotov, Euromaidan gave us videos like these after all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGd0WM2uA0

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Raised By Birds posted:

That plus Tucker "Putin never called me racist" Carlson.

Channeling Muhammad Ali in the worst possible way.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

kartikeya posted:

...That does not look like a nose.

I mean, it looks like the kind of nose that you'd normally find on a certain type of racist caricature.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Skios posted:

I mean, it looks like the kind of nose that you'd normally find on a certain type of racist caricature.

It does, so I'm going to play a fun game called "Let's Pretend This Deformed Europe Penis Attached to a Fleshy Speckled Mass is a Face":

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was originally supposed to be Biden. but when Biden actually did cut off imports he had to relabel it with something.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I love how Cross is so hate-filled he just doesn’t bother with the dogwhistles. “No, gays are gross and bad. That’s whole aim of this bill, which is good.”

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Pants Donkey posted:

I love how Cross is so hate-filled he just doesn’t bother with the dogwhistles. “No, gays are gross and bad. That’s whole aim of this bill, which is good.”

That child's brain is TWELVE INCHES from front to back. There are EIGHT INCHES from the top of his skull to his nose.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

oobey posted:

That child's brain is TWELVE INCHES from front to back. There are EIGHT INCHES from the top of his skull to his nose.

Also, the brain is made of poop.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories’ Faustian energy pact – Boris Johnson facing criticism over trip to Saudi Arabia to push for a rise in oil output to reduce the UK’s dependence on Russian fuel"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe returns to the UK after six-year ordeal

Independent:

2017: Boris Johnson ‘mistake’ could harm case for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, say family

Times:

Evening Standard:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Cartoons like this makes so incredibly happy that I doesn't live and work in America. Like, last year we had a little Pride march in the kindergarten and I didn't get a single negative comment.

Rudicron
Oct 30, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Get yourself a hotdog!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Russian propaganda. Like, literally, even with the "the US has had treaties with ukraine since 2005 about working together against certain foodborne illnesses and / or bioweapons" I can't find any information about the US actually funding anything that didn't directly come from the russians/a russian directly backed source. It's possible I'm just blind and missing it but drat even by garrison standards this is a lmao

Specifically, Russian-adopted Qanon conspiracy propaganda; it didn't originate in Russia, but from the English-speaking far right.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1503434867614228480

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Right wingers really do unironically believe that one cartoon where two guys are walking down the street and pass a mother and son and the mother is like "Oh no, gay people, avert your eyes, son!" and looks over at her son who says "It's too late, mother, I have seen everything."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:ffg:TO LATE MOTHER I AM NOW THE GAYS

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Politoons 2022:

Unkempt posted:

Also, the brain is made of poop.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Pants Donkey posted:

That's the mainstream argument now. Kids are gonna get turned gay/trans if they learn that gay/trans people exist. Also this is bad for some reason. It feels like a huge step back on terms of public perception of gay people. But, it's a natural step forward after getting a lot of traction with "your kids are being transed!" And passing a bunch of bills terrorizing trans kids under the radar in the last couple years.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

It feels like a huge step back on terms of public perception of gay people.

It's come back up again because after Trump's presidency SCOTUS is in a great position to deal a huge setback to gay rights and allow states to criminalize LGBT stuff, which is something the right has wanted ever since Obergefell.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

Even in Cross's version it's literally some stodgy old dipshit presuming to know better than actual teachers, so if this is the best he can do it's even more self incriminating than I expected.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah usually when conservatives want to demonize teachers, they'll tack a "union" on there, but Cross is, in yet another way, just saying the quiet part loud.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Rudicron posted:

Specifically, Russian-adopted Qanon conspiracy propaganda; it didn't originate in Russia, but from the English-speaking far right.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1503434867614228480

The right wing's reaction to Russia invading Ukraine is roughly equivalent to the Jan 6th insurrection. There is a degree of shock that catches them off guard at first, but they are too far gone to sincerely evaluate how their beliefs led them to this point. So instead, they start desperately spinning up conspiracies to explain away how up is actually down. In the same way a violent mob with a stated goal of overthrowing the election become peaceful citizens taking a tour, Ukraine is now the aggressor and poor plucky Putin is only defending himself.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Scott Morrison is heading back to the east coast. Bridget McKenzie is the emergency management minister (and also the one who made the coloured spreadsheets for the sports rorts). LGA = Local Government Association. There have been complaints from NSW that Morrison has held off disaster relief packages while he was in the west because he has to be there on the ground to declare them for the photo op.

Wilcox:

Broelman:

Warren Brown:

Albanese will not review Kitching mistreatment claims (SMH). Senator Kimberly Kitching suddenly died of a heart attack and The Australian and the ABC are reporting claims that prominent Labor women in the senate had been bullying and ostracising her. The caption is the tagline from an ad.

Knight:

Cricketing legend Rod Marsh remembered in celebration of life at Adelaide Oval (ABC).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

Not going to let this one fly under the radar.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT+)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Stab posted:

That's the mainstream argument now. Kids are gonna get turned gay/trans if they learn that gay/trans people exist. Also this is bad for some reason. It feels like a huge step back on terms of public perception of gay people. But, it's a natural step forward after getting a lot of traction with "your kids are being transed!" And passing a bunch of bills terrorizing trans kids under the radar in the last couple years.

This was always the goal and anyone who was anti-trans but pleaded “I still like LGB people!” is either a liar or a useful idiot who held open the gates for this by being a bigot to trans people. The poo poo they say about trans and non-binary are word for word the poo poo I heard growing up about gay people, just replacing gay with trans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Twelve by Pies posted:

Right wingers really do unironically believe that one cartoon where two guys are walking down the street and pass a mother and son and the mother is like "Oh no, gay people, avert your eyes, son!" and looks over at her son who says "It's too late, mother, I have seen everything."

who was that conservative cartoonist that did a wholesome cartoon about a gay couple but it's intended to be read as some sort of living nightmare? I think they retired.