Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
As long as you wear the bloody pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
https://twitter.com/JazzyDaddyDolla/status/1502416569573457923?cxt=HHwWhoCy4Z3609kpAAAA

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

CPUSA maintains fraternal relations with the CPC, CPV and PCC so occasionally their boomer steelworker leader takes a break from phonebanking for Tim Ryan to get flown to beijing and hang out for a week with top level CPC officials to discuss world communism

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the boomers here are pretty fun. one guy dipped out of it but kept ties so i asked him what he thought about gus hall. "he was alright, but i didn't like that he ran for president." i asked why thinking he'd say it was a waste of time.

"because everyone would hear his finnish accent and think he was russian!" :corsair:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

FrancisFukyomama posted:

CPUSA maintains fraternal relations with the CPC, CPV and PCC so occasionally their boomer steelworker leader takes a break from phonebanking for Tim Ryan to get flown to beijing and hang out for a week with top level CPC officials to discuss world communism

cool

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"What is to be done? Your mother." --Lenin, in letter to Czar Nicholas II (1912, colourised)

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Haha, hilarious my dude.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Algund Eenboom posted:

Haha, hilarious my dude.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Turns out xenophobia might be a good thing after all https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de...80-31bcc9ed3b92

quote:

In Aizenay, near La-Roche-sur-Yon, Vendée College bears the name of Russian writer Alexander Solzhenitsyn, who attended the school in 1993. Now teachers’ unions are asking for his name to be replaced with than of a Ukrainian poet.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Wasn't Solzenitsyn like really, really problematic on his views about Russia and its role in it?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fish of hemp posted:

Wasn't Solzenitsyn like really, really problematic on his views

solzhenitsyn was a straight-up fascist

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

you're telling me this guy was anti-communist? just like vladimir putin?? :fuckoff:

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the PSL still stuck at 13 members in the year 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fish of hemp posted:

Wasn't Solzenitsyn like really, really problematic on his views about Russia and its role in it?

quote:

Four months before his death Alexander Solzhenitsyn offered qualified praise for Vladimir Putin, arguing that he was doing a better job as Russia's leader than Boris Yeltsin or Mikhail Gorbachev.

The US ambassador, William Burns, visited Solzhenitsyn in April 2008 at his dacha outside Moscow. He then sent a cable to Washington giving his impressions of the Nobel-prize winning writer who was exiled from the Soviet Union in 1974 and returned to Russia 20 years later.

"Solzhenitsyn, who will turn 90 this December has been in declining health for some time. A stroke has left his left arm paralysed and his hand gnarled, but Solzhenitsyn's legendary energy was undiminished, and he was alert, spoke clearly, and, as the conversation showed, actively engaged with the events of the day," Burns reported in the dispatch released by WikiLeaks.

"With Solzhenitsyn was his wife, Natalya, who followed the conversation carefully, and did not hesitate to contradict her husband when she thought it necessary."

According to Burns, Solzhenitsyn took a dim view of both Yeltsin and Gorbachev, the Soviet Union's last leader: "Solzhenitsyn positively contrasted the eight-year reign of Putin with those of Gorbachev and Yeltsin, which he said had 'added to the damage done to the Russian state by 70 years of communist rule'. Under Putin, the nation was rediscovering what it was to be Russian, Solzhenitsyn thought."

Note that the William Burns in this passage is the current CIA Director

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

the PSL still stuck at 13 members in the year 2022

?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

bonk
(but with an ice axe)

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

this must be the permanent revolution

animist
Aug 28, 2018

wynott dunn posted:

this must be the permanent revolution

trotsky_meatspin.gif

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Honestly after James Joyce's letters I grade this stuff on a curve. Not too bad by comparison.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
which communists leaders gave head and who was the best at it

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Iron Joe number 1 head game

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I’m sure Tito ran a mean head game

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/MissedTheMarx/status/1506392378118189058

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The world's first "doomer with a 100K computer job"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

The world's first "doomer with a 100K computer job"

Alright these personal attacks are uncalled for

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

wynott dunn posted:

I’m sure Tito ran a mean head game
Stop sending people to gently caress me. We’ve already gone down on five of them, one of them with a dick and another with a pussy. If you don’t stop sending them, I’ll send one to Moscow, and I won’t have to send another.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

lol at the vox media holodomor vid having a scary photo of stalin with ominous music in the 1st minute

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trash Ops posted:

lol at the vox media holodomor vid having a scary photo of stalin with ominous music in the 1st minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i83cVs03EE0

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/TribuneofPeople/status/1507489666458656776

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I mean, the ability to change ones views as new information is learned is laudable but the breaking up thing I don't get. Is the joke about sectarianism on the left?

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Mar 28, 2022

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

left hand anarchist right hand tankie and here i am stuck in the middle just gonna hav to cut em

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

true centrists are born with an arm coming out of their exact middle with thumbs on both sides

if they don't have the arm removal scar they're a fake centrist

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
???????

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
wtf is tribune of the people

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Goast posted:

Not much, what's tribune of the people with you

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Goast posted:

Briefly, an English-language Dengist magazine marketed to isolated communities of Andean farmers who used to be in Shining Path. They realized that the glossy, full-color magazine was not going to sell at $9.99 an issue, and they couldn't go digital (slow speeds in the remote Andes) so they're folding and selling the IP to Conde Nast.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pissinthewind posted:

left hand anarchist right hand tankie and here i am stuck in the middle just gonna hav to cut em

The tankie stranger: that's when you sit on somebody else's hand.

The Trotsky stranger: same as the tankie, but you use your own hand.

Does that resemble either tendency? hosed if I know, it just sounded funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
https://twitter.com/Vinncent/status/1508978367282008068?cxt=HHwWiMC-uZD1-_ApAAAA