Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1503438851712376839

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
hell yea

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Foley is Pood

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God I love Johnny's Jake Roberts grumbling any time someone comes out and tells Hangman to shut the gently caress up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant wait to fast forward eleven minutes of mick foley telling me about how often he uses hello fresh

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/shawngarrett/status/1503567723179102208

:krakken: THE BEAST :krakken:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Kinda surprised to hear Dave doesn’t pre-write anything for his obituaries, especially given how in-depth they can be.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I know the reason why (because he was HHH) but it is kind of wild no one ever got at Hunter during the Katie Vick period like "Dude why the gently caress did you hump a mannequin in a casket?".

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"How many pastors do we have watching this show and why?!" :lol:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Listening to the Talk is Jericho interview with Regal. Light on wrestling but heavy on the kind of body horror that would make David Cronenberg wince. Also having a morbid giggle to myself thinking about Regal's "Oh here we go with the dirt sheet rumours :rolleyes:" tweet in light of him talking about how his heart had literally developed a calcified shell around it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave right as usual. Regal will explode in the ring, Wednesday on dynamite

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s good actually, when your heart has a hard candy shell around it, like an M&M. It keeps out the toxins.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the famous actor Richard Burton drank so much that his spine crystallised. He would have been unstoppable in the ring.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Him spending 8 days standing upright awake while having his spinal fluid drained every two hours which caused him unimaginable pain had me staring at my phone in horror.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HidaO-Win posted:

Him spending 8 days standing upright awake while having his spinal fluid drained every two hours which caused him unimaginable pain had me staring at my phone in horror.

And now I am also staring at my phone in horror. God drat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you remember a certain group of people kept telling Dave that AEW did not actually win this head to head and no one but the marks and dirt sheets believed that.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1504150391184760836

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

It’s good actually, when your heart has a hard candy shell around it, like an M&M. It keeps out the toxins.

Your brain has a shell on it.....

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

MassRafTer posted:

If you remember a certain group of people kept telling Dave that AEW did not actually win this head to head and no one but the marks and dirt sheets believed that.

McDevitt said "Observe this, your honor."

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

MassRafTer posted:

the Bunny always wins in the end

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

schweens posted:

the Bunny always wins in the end

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

that's amazing..Observer used as evidence in court is just amazing

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I listened to the Regal podcast and I can see both Meltzer saying what he did about Regal and Regal's reaction to Meltzer saying that based on what Regal said.

This is the only coherent thought I have on this except for varying tiers of Holy poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Jerry McDevitt wins the case, immediately gets fired for having an Observer Subscription.

Also this reminds me of Bryan talking a few days ago about for a brief period of time WWE was issuing wrestlers phones so they could keep an eye on who they were in contact with (which, incidentally, is horrifying) because Vince simply couldn't comprehend that maybe wrestlers would have.... another phone.....?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Jerry McDevitt wins the case, immediately gets fired for having an Observer Subscription.

Also this reminds me of Bryan talking a few days ago about for a brief period of time WWE was issuing wrestlers phones so they could keep an eye on who they were in contact with (which, incidentally, is horrifying) because Vince simply couldn't comprehend that maybe wrestlers would have.... another phone.....?

It wasn't even another phone. It was a landline lol

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Listening to the Talk is Jericho interview with Regal. Light on wrestling but heavy on the kind of body horror that would make David Cronenberg wince. Also having a morbid giggle to myself thinking about Regal's "Oh here we go with the dirt sheet rumours :rolleyes:" tweet in light of him talking about how his heart had literally developed a calcified shell around it.

He got Lord Byron Disease

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

It wasn't even another phone. It was a landline lol

Oh poo poo I didn't grasp that :lol:

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I wish Bryan had asked Semp is he was a flat earther on WOL today

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Million?

Billion.

A billion years?

Maybe it is million.

I dunno, I've been asleep for about 12 hours.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mooseinfants posted:

I wish Bryan had asked Semp is he was a flat earther on WOL today

That was surreal. It had to be a bit, does he really not understand that different geographic areas don't have sunrise/sunset at the same time? :psyduck:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Mike Simplevive

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Granny's Scott Hall eulogy :stare:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

mike sempervive is brain damaged

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Good Listener posted:

I know the reason why (because he was HHH) but it is kind of wild no one ever got at Hunter during the Katie Vick period like "Dude why the gently caress did you hump a mannequin in a casket?".

There was an amusing bit at Survivor Series '07 (?) where Triple H was teaming with a handful of guys he'd wronged in the past (Kane among them) and it was brought up. "My bad."

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
I was around for it originally and had (rightfully) blocked most direct memories of it, but listening to them talk about it....there's no way they actually did that in an ACTUAL funeral home with a viewing going on beyond a paper thin accordion partition, right?

Right?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FakePoet posted:

I was around for it originally and had (rightfully) blocked most direct memories of it, but listening to them talk about it....there's no way they actually did that in an ACTUAL funeral home with a viewing going on beyond a paper thin accordion partition, right?

Right?

They totally did

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Angry_Ed posted:

They totally did

jesus :cripes:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Had a hearty laugh at Dave’s inability to properly pronounce “Laura Ingraham”.

Also, the correction on Rollins beating Lesnar at WrestleMania was still wrong.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

That was surreal. It had to be a bit, does he really not understand that different geographic areas don't have sunrise/sunset at the same time? :psyduck:

Semp does do things like that so it must have been a bit, but... I kinda feel like it wasn't?

The sun doesn't go down sooner in the north during winter it just "gets cloudy". Genius bit or Semp legit has special needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

I felt that mike was somewhat defensibly trying to argue that people in the southern continental US also experience early sunsets to enough of a degree that it’s silly for Bryan to make it sound like a Washington state thing. Mike utterly failed to make that argument without sounding like a complete dumbass. Bryan also sounded stupid highlighting the idiot talking about sunset in Boston at 3:30 cause that’s an hour earlier than Bryan was talking about but Boston is 5 degrees of latitude closer to the equator than Bothell, WA.