Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Don't worry, he doesn't do any awesome poo poo like that in the new spiderman movie op's son saw.

Uh, it's literally specified to be the Raimi movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

nashona posted:

Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

I’m not usually a fan of Zack Snyder movies, but this new project shows real promise.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Soylent Pudding posted:

Only if it has a flared base

pyramids are ALL flared base :confused:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Sometimes kids will get embarrassed in these situations, or feel like there's some kind of negative consequence waiting if they fail the test. I don't remember it, but my parents tell me when I got my sight tested at age 6 (at the suggestion of my teacher!), I told the optometrist that I definitely could read the chart perfectly and that I just wasn't going to tell him what it said. My incredible deception failed, probably because I was of course squinting like I was staring at the sun the whole time.

OP on the other hand would have been like "Well he said he could read it, what do you want from me"

A classmate actually managed to pull this off during the eye exam for his driver's license by joking around. Which is really terrifying.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for being unladylike infront of my husband and farting?

quote:

This is going to sound ridiculous, but my husband is convinced I've done something wrong, so I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something. My husband (38M) and I (34F) have been married for 5 years. We've had a really successful marriage with few hiccups or significant arguments, but yesterday I was watching TV with him while I was resting my head on his lap when I farted- he asked, "Did you just fart...?" I answered yes and he then said "Don't do that in front of me. It's nasty and unladylike." I could sort of understand the nasty bit, but it was unladylike...?? In a grumpy mood, he got up from the couch and went into our bedroom by himself. I attempted to speak with him and ask him to express why he was so unhappy, but all he said was that I needed to "learn some respect and act like a real lady around my husband." I'm still confused by what happened, so I'm writing this. AITA?

5 years of marriage

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
HELL PAGE
HELL PAGE
HELL PAGE

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA For getting mad at my mom/sister for cancelling my wife's event?

quote:

So I am not sure whether I am a jerk or not. I ended up feeling like an rear end in a top hat in the end but I really don't think I am.

My wife has severe mental illness. She takes meds and has been getting significantly better with therapy. Her main condition is BPD but she has lots of other stuff that affect her as well. During therapy she realized how much she loves doing things like cooking/entertaining/having fun themed parties. I have always been very supportive of her finding joy in the things she does so I have always been totally behind her in these ventures.

The problem is she has very little friends because of how hard it is for her to keep relationships. But she is starting to gain a couple here and there.

Okay now the background is taken care of. This brings us to a month ago.

My wife decided she wanted to throw a tea party for Mothers Day. She was going to invite all the mothers to come and have tea and some finger foods. My wife called my mom to ask if she could use her place because it is significantly larger and in a nice area. My mom said "That would be a great idea. Lets do it." She also said and the husbands can go to the brewery and hang out. So my wife went and bought a tea set and started making food plans to get this party going. She also started a Facebook event and invited two of her friends and all the family members that were moms including my sisters in-laws.

This is where the issues started happening. My sisters in-laws immediately messaged back that yes they would come. They were actually the only ones invited that said yes but 13 were invited in all. (Keep in mind we would not have minded my sister/mom inviting their own guests). So this is what I think happened and I will tell you what they said as well.

Sister saw my wife wanted to have a party and that her inlaw was coming
Sister felt threatened that her inlaw would dare go to my wife's party
Sister called my mom and talked her out of doing the event and also created an idea for a new event where they all go to the brewery and not do a tea party at all.
Mother called my wife and yelled at her saying my wife manipulated her into having a party (my wife asked straight up btw and was told absolutely yes, she also would have done all the cleaning, prep, cooking and purchasing of items along with everything else).
My sister simultaneously sent a text basically saying that they already had the idea and that her inlaws thought they were okaying that event.
I texted my sister very angrily because of the obvious lie and was told I was being an rear end in a top hat.
My sister told my wife they had an idea for the event before my wife but my mom clearly said she had no plans on mothers day when the tea party idea came up. She kept denying it and turned it on me basically saying I was the jerk for allowing my wife to invite people to a party at my moms and for calling her a liar. They basically made it seem like my mom was victimized by my wife.

AITA here?

EDIT: Clarification: I was mad because they lied about not wanting to do the party anymore (which would have been fine). They told my wife she tried to manipulate them into allowing her to have a party there and acted like my wife was being a horrible person for even thinking of it. Instead of being honest and asking for a venue change or cancelling it altogether. They constantly blame me and her for things that they cause all the time and its easy to do to her bc shes mentally ill, they just say shes mentally ill thats why this is all happening, I dont think they do this on purpose I think they are egomaniacs to be honest.

EDIT 2: Probably should have mentioned my wife is a part of the satanic temple and my family are devout Christians as well. This probably should have been mentioned haha.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

HAIL SATAN

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

teen witch posted:

AITA For getting mad at my mom/sister for cancelling my wife's event?

lmao

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

What should I (20F) do about my father's (50sM) insistence that the Covid vaccine is some sort of Satanic conspiracy?

quote:

Throwaway because this is gonna sound so crazy that I really don't want it connected to my main account

So, my father is an intelligent man. He is also a dedicated Christian, though he doesn't attend church and prefers to study the Bible on his own time. He's always been know to believe in certain...conspiracies, such as the New World Order. Most people who listen to him talk about said conspiracies know that it's better to listen and agree than try to express disagreement. I am one of those people, though since a lot of his conspiracies are religion-based I'm inclined to at least give him the benefit of a doubt.

But everything changed when the pandemic began.

First he started with telling me that while the virus is real it was probably created in a lab as a biological weapon. Next he tells me that the vaccine itself has something called "graphene oxide" in it, and that anyone who gets the shot will be barred from heaven because it is the "mark of the beast" (I know MANY Christians who have gotten the shot, including my own mother and aunt, but he seems to think they're letting fear rule them). Next he tells me that the government will use 5G cell phone towers to mind control people who took the vaccine.

When he told me that Covid test swabs are secretly covered in nanobots, that's when I realized that I don't know if I should trust my own father anymore.

To support all these claims he's sent me evidence, mainly in the form of YouTube videos and a few news reports regarding worldwide reaction to stuff like vaccine mandates. The news reports are legit but the YouTube videos that usually look like they were shot with bricks are a bit harder to take seriously...

All of this has made me very anxious. I have avoided taking the vaccine because I just can't seem to choose between potentially risking my eternal salvation and being protected from an illness that can be deadly. I still follow all other CDC guidelines, including taking a weekly test at my college. I have even become somewhat obsessed with learning about potential long lasting side effects of the vaccine to feel like I have a more believable reason not to take it just yet. Some of my family members support my ability to choose, others think I'm making a selfish mistake. My mother thinks my father is talking nonsense, my father thinks my mother is blinded by fear. They both say that I'm intelligent, but they both have a pretty obvious preference for what I should do. I trust both of my parents, so I find it impossible to doubt eiter of them now, but I just don't know which side to take.

Someone with an outside perspective, please help. This is one of the most stressful things I've ever dealt with in my entire life. Christians are especially encouraged to provide advice. Thank you in advance.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mx. posted:

What should I (20F) do about my father's (50sM) insistence that the Covid vaccine is some sort of Satanic conspiracy?

Don’t do anything and the problem will probably eventually solve itself.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

My boyfriend broke up with me because im a satanist

quote:

I never thought it would hurt this much. I finally met someone who i loved and related to me. Part of me wants to scream at myself but the other part is telling me to keep my pride in satanism and accept who i am and what i believe.

top comment posted:

Don’t worry, satan still loves you.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Caught up in time for the hell page just to say that 6 years is old enough for spiderman, and Green Goblin might be a little scary but he does look like an extreme power rangers of sorts.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Don’t do anything and the problem will probably eventually solve itself.

Someone should point this poor girl to the HermanCainAward reddit site

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
UPDATE: AITA for gifting my mom and her husband a book on cheating for their anniversary?

quote:

First Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/t55npl/aita_for_gifting_my_mom_and_her_husband_a_book_on/

Posting this now cause people keep messaging me about it. The day after I posted I let my gf read it and she was like stay with me dummy. I told my dad, he said I could stay there and sent my gf's mom an email. At my mom's home I told her, she got really sad but said ok she'd drive me and sent an email too. I still wanted to talk alone to my mom like people said to.

As she drove I wanted to talk like the school counselor helped me write a letter to read (like some people said to) but I just froze and she drove to a parking lot and started talking. She said a lot of stuff about the book, about still seeing me like I'm her baby, her not actually being happy and about us but ended with her saying its ok for me to hate her for what she did cause she hurt me and she'd never push to be my mom again but if I ever wanted she'd be there for me. But I don't hate her I love her so I started crying really bad I've never had a breakdown but I think that's what it was. I remember her taking me to the backseat and hugging me and me trying to say I love her while crying but its a blur. She calmed me down and I told her how I feel and I do want her to be my mom just I hate her husband and I don't want a train to hit her I even told her about when she tried to cuddle and how I feel bad now cause that'll never happen again cause I'm never going back to her house. She told me she knew I was awake and was mad at her so I started crying again. She told me it was ok and she's wrong and we talked a lot but I kept crying so she got me advil cause my head started hurting. She seemed sad I hate her husband but got really mad at him when I told her all the mean things he's said to me and said she'd never let him get between us again. She said she'd take me to therapy with just her no matter what dad says and to spend time with me alone.

She dropped me off and I've felt better since I stayed there until my dad came back. My dad promised never to send me there again and to stay at my gf's if my grandparents stay in Italy. He agreed to let me do family therapy with my mom but he said he'd ensure its appropriate. We haven't started it yet, but my mom has kept her promise to spend time with me so far and it does make me feel happier.

I didn't think the last post would blow up like it did so I hope with this update you guys don't have to worry much anymore cause I think it's getting better.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

How do I (13F) convince my Mom (43F) that wanting to cosplay isn't satanic?

quote:

This honestly sounds ridiculous and it really is. For Halloween, I wanted to cosplay as the villain "Overhaul", even though my mom doesn't allow my family to celebrate Halloween as its quote on quote "A way for satan to get into little kids". My best friend was going to cosplay as the main protagonist of the show, so I thought it would be fun for us to match, and a thing to look forward to during quartine.

I got most of the costume done, I found a shirt and tie that matched, similar-looking shoes, and planned to buy the gloves and the mask. Here is where the problem lies. The villain Overhaul is usually shown in a red stylized plague doctor mask. When I brought this up to my Mom, she absolutely freaked. She told me how plague doctor beaks were used in satanic rituals and the Illuminati used to wear it, and how evil spirits would be drawn to the mask, and how absolutely horrible my idea was.

I was a bit stunned, but not entirely shocked. She always told me about satanic poo poo like how the Illuminati was mind-controlling little kids with pop music and how horrible homosexuality was, so this wasn't too shocking. Still, I couldn't see the problem with me buying the mask. It was 37 dollars (on sale) and it was hand made with great reviews. It's not like SHE was buying it, I was. I tried to argue it was just a costume, and that I wasn't actually going to become a satanist just for cosplaying a character, but she was dead set on not letting me buy it.

She went on and on about how horrible it was, and how I was straying from God. And how me not wanting to watch church anymore was affecting me, and those "Horrible Japanese cartoons" was making me weird, and under her house, it wasn't allowed (She doesn't pay a cent for the house, it's my dads). and how "When I'm dead THEN you can buy that mask, I know you're going to love it when I die won't you?" (rough translation from Korean) I honestly expected her to pull the "When I'm dead" card but was still a bit upset. I just wanted to buy a mask. A MASK. Can I convince her that buying a bird mask inst satanic? Is she right? Is this a dumb teenager thing and just acting out? Im so confused reddit

EDIT: Asked dad and he understood that it was just a loving costume. Said I could get it. Thanks for all the advice anons

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Mx. posted:

5 years of marriage

"Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap."

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for allowing my oldest son to buy Satanic things?

quote:

Ah yes, I’m back with another AITA. don’t worry! I’m not yelling at my husband this time 😓 but anyway…

My husband (41, Alan) and I have conflicting views in terms of religion. He’s a Christian, and I’m an atheist.

Our oldest son (17, Lucien) has been experimenting with tons of different things regarding religion. He’s found that LaVey Satanism best fits his ideologies and such - so what did he do? He began ordering satanic things!

I’m happy to see Lucien find a religion that he feels comfortable with, so I don’t mind seeing a satanic bible in his hands. But my husband disagrees. He dislikes Satanism (for obvious reasons) and is upset with Lucien for turning to “the devil.” This, of course, made Lucien feel bad about his choice of religion.

I sat both Alan and Lucien down to talk about their conflicting views. My husband goes on one of those Christian rants about how people shouldn’t turn to Satanism because “it makes the devil powerful.” Lucien argues his side by giving him some insight on LaVey Satanism, saying that Satanism isn’t about the worship of a man made god/deity. Alan, under a lot of stress, walks away.

In the meantime, I pull Lucien aside to talk to him about his religion (I plan on giving it a try haha) and explain to him that he can order whatever he likes that deals with his religion. He gave me a hug and a thank you. He went upstairs to his room.

After Alan got done stressing, I talked to him about what I told Lucien. He stayed quiet and shook his head “no.” I reminded him that Lucien has just as much religious freedom as he does. He walks away yet again. He won’t talk to me or Lucien now.

Reddit, I’m feeling like my approach towards my husband’s disapproval is incorrect - So AITA?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

I don't think you should let your son be that libertarian. Gently turn him from the church to the temple.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
HAIL SATIN

I [25F] found satin panties in my fiancé's [28M] office

quote:

I was looking for a charger in my fiancé's drawers when I stumbled on a pair of pink satin panties. They are 100% not mine. We own our own washer and dryer. I do all the laundry so I would have noticed if this was in the mix earlier. Also, the size is much smaller than what I would estimate our most recent women house guests would wear. I'm waiting for him to get home and respond to my messages now. How hosed is this relationship? Is there anything else this can be?

TL;DR Is there any scenario where I'm not being cheated on?

Books have odds currently:
10:1 fiance cheating
1:10 fiance wears panties as kink
1:100 fiance wipes rear end with panties

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Love the concept of a loving all powerful deity that offers redemption and eternal life even for mass murderers who repent (and adopt the right personal politics, natch) rules-lawyering people into hell.

"I'm sorry my Child, for God so hated um... graphene oxide that your one-time ingestion under false pretenses makes you hateful in my sight, begone."

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

teen witch posted:

HELL PAGE
HELL PAGE
HELL PAGE

:twisted:

Mx. posted:

My boyfriend broke up with me because im a satanist

lol

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

AITA for shouting at (17) my "creative" brother (15) because of his awful singing/random catchphrases?

quote:

My brother does this thing where he sings renditions of normal songs. It's not just the awful singing that bothers me, it's the irrational anguish at hearing the false lyrics. His singing isn't THAT awful, but it's obnoxious and causes me to cringe. Even worse are his stupid catchphrases. It'd be one thing if they were popular lines/famous quotes, but no, they're just random lines from his awful youtube videos or shows he just likes the performance of. I'll be driving and all of a sudden it'll be like "You choose, SPIDERMAN!" or "Say hello to the prospector, he'll wanna meet ya" miming the original. They're not even IN CONTEXT: They just HAPPEN. It's not a joke, nor a reference, it's just "I'm going to say this random line divorced from all context" It's INFURIATING. If I tell him to stop, he pauses for 3 whole seconds. And if I ask my parents, they do nothing. FINALLY, they'll intervene after 10 minutes of his garbage with "well, they did ask you to stop...." half-heartedly.

Quite frankly, HE IS FAR TOO OLD to be doing this bullshit. I was his age just 2yrs ago! I can't imagine he does this in school, either. Last night, I was conscripted into family board game time, and he starts screeching out his own AWFUL lyrics, interspersed with his regularly scheduled vocalizations, and I keep asking him to stop. I went up the sliding scale of anger from 'Kindly, please stop' all the way to 'SHUT THE gently caress UP THIS INSTANT, YOU LITTLE DEVIL. I HATE THAT I WAS CURSED TO BE YOUR SIBLING'. And of course, the little imp pauses and then continues on, nary a change in tone or volume. Eventually, I got so mad, I threw his pieces off the board and storm off, "ruining a perfectly good" family night according to my parents. Earlier, I had spent 2 hours preparing his favorite meal (shrimp gumbo) apropos of nothing. Can't he have even a modicum of sympathy or self-control?

And no, he isn't autistic. I know this because I AM autistic, and am sensitive to loud/high-pitched noises, among other things. He behaves nothing like me and has none of those sensory or social issues that I often have. I don't know if he's doing this explicitly to annoy me, or if it's intrinsic. My mother always acts as if he's just a 'natural creative' who's forced to spontaneously make awful rhymes. HE HAS A loving PIANO KEYBOARD! Well guess what? I'm a "natural creative" who's actually had my stories published, and I don't act on the compulsion to tell everyone about the great new story premise in my head, even though I think about that every 2 seconds. I keep it in my head, and if it's good enough, I'll WRITE IT DOWN! Same thing with my visual art: I don't wrench a pencil from someone's hand and start scribbling over the walls of the living room, I'll get a piece of paper for that or wait till I get back to my computer and tablet to make it.

So, AITA/"discouraging a promising creative"?

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Just punch your brother ffs

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for threatening to leave my wife over her taking our daughters things?

quote:

When my wife and I got married we had long discussions about our morals, how we wanted to raise kids etc.,

I was excited to be an equally involved father and ended up being a SAHD after she went back to work following two years of maternity leave. She had two years SAHM, I had three as a SAHD and then she went part time when our twins were in preschool and kindergarten.

We always agreed we were going to practice authoritative parenting and treat our kids with respect and kindness. We wanted them to feel safe talking to us and regulating their feelings and we didn't want to teach them that just because someone bigger than you says to do something that you have to.

All in all I'm extremely proud of the people our kids (now 16F and 16M) have grown to be. They are kind, studious, creative, empathetic and all around wonderful people. However like all people they aren't without flaws and sometimes there is friction. Lately my daughter has been wanting more independence. My wife and I originally agreed that we knew from our upbringings that being extra strict doesn't always work and if there are things to rebel against, then kids will rebel (this is what we decided would work for us and our family not trying to preach parenting lessons to others) so we've tried instead to be collaborative.

Well last weekend my daughter wanted to go to a party at a friend's house, my wife and I said yes. When she got home my wife took her phone from her and started going through her texts and photos to confirm she was actually at her friends. I was livid when I found out as this seemed like a gross invasion of privacy to me. We talked about it and she said it wasn't a big deal but she wouldn't do it again.

So I thought it was a one off but then yesterday my wife took my daughter's laptop and threatened to take THE DOOR from her room if she found out she was talking to boys. My daughter has never even been given a rule not to talk to boys so this all seems insane to me.

Last night again we discussed why she was doing this, she said she just wanted a bit more discipline in the house as our kids are "too relaxed?" but again said she would drop it.

Well now today my wife asked me to help take my daughter's door and I pulled her into our room to have a private conversation and things got heated. I told her I felt she was being extremely irrational and bullying our daughter and implemting insane standards they have never had to or should have to expect. How is our daughter being punished for a rule that never existed? I threatened to leave her and take the kids if she didn't start reflecting on what she was doing and start respecting them as people again. She burst into tears called me an rear end in a top hat and went to stay at her sisters. Her sister has also said I'm an rear end in a top hat. What is happening here?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

(As a note we threaten to leave each other over every little thing)

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for letting my wife have her bank account constantly overdrawn when I am in the black?

quote:

Throwaway account for obvious reasons. Wife states I am the rear end in a top hat because she had no money to buy anything to eat because she was at her overdraft limit.

She says that its wrong my account is in credit ( although she doesn’t know by how much) while she is struggling with bills and buying things my daughter needs.

We have been together 18 years and have a 13 year old daughter. Our finances have never been combined although she has always wanted this.

I accept she can only work part time because she is caring for her terminally ill mother and because she does all the child care for our daughter ( although I feel she could work full time and get child care ) and although she pays a few of the major household major bills she says I am the rear end in a top hat because its me who buys the food and I didn’t check there was stuff there for them before I went to work.

I feel if she knew she needed stuff she should have told me, but she says it’s humiliating and calls me a “ slave owner who is deluded he is kind and benevolent”.

I take her and my daughter out for dinner once a week and they can choose anything they want but my wife throws this up in my face saying she doesn’t have the freedom to take even herself out and is reliant on my “charity”.

She now saying she wants to leave me because

all her friends go trips with friends and/or their partners but she doesn’t have the money to go anywhere and I don’t take her anywhere.

I go out every Saturday night and leave her babysitting

we have sex about three times a year for last 15/16 years and she would like it more but though it’s something we really enjoy when I am in the mood I feel this is not the issue she makes it out to be.

Her main point is that I am the rear end in a top hat for not giving her access to money without question when she needs it via a joint bank account or combined incomes then half what is left after bills.

She has no hobbies except saving animals , spending time with her sister, cooking and doing crafts with our daughter.

She doesn’t drink or smoke - I do both but I work hard 5 days a week and I know the value of good quality things.

I bought my daughter expensive new school shoes last week when I was buying myself new shoes for myself and I bought my wife new shoes for her work too ( she’s a nurse).

But my wife says that because she buys all our daughter’s christmas and birthday gifts then she feels entitled to these things from me as they are essentials.

She could work full time and afford anything she wants and i guess there is resentment from me . She told me she would go back to work full time when our daughter went to school but only went back full time when our daughter was 11 and then only for a year because she is now back to part time because she is caring for her dying mum.

Am I the rear end in a top hat

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

E: /\/\/\ not in reference to this post, holy gently caress

Wife's insane and he should take the kid and leave.

Biplane fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 17, 2022

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Soylent Pudding posted:

This seems like the wife was abused in some way by a man in the past. Every aspect of these sudden insane punishments revolve around her talking to boys.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Soylent Pudding posted:

What is happening here? Repressed unprocessed trauma resurfacing in the worst way? Weird deranged mommy blogs? Complex feelings about children becoming adults boiled down to simple bad solutions?

E: either way the answer is :therapy: or :frogout:

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Mar 17, 2022

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This seems like the wife was abused in some way by a man in the past. Every aspect of these sudden insane punishments revolve around her talking to boys.

In the comments the husband says he's asked about trauma and gotten no response. But did point out the wife comes from a Catholic family and other Catholics chimed in to see they've seen parents and other adult figures flips a switch and go insanely possessive and controlling over even the most innocuous stuff the moment they realized a young woman is old enough to be a slut.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Mx. posted:

5 years of marriage

He's cheating.

Soylent Pudding posted:

In the comments, OP notes that the wife has been spending more time with her sister lately and they were both raised Catholic. Sis may be feeding some BS to the wife about raising kids, who knows. Alternatively: she's also cheating.

Sisal Two-Step fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 17, 2022

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
HAIL STAN

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

(As a note we threaten to leave each other over every little thing)

Is this a flippant comment about the dad in the "mom freaks out about boys" story? Because that's a pretty spicy take if it is

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Mx. posted:

I was sympathetic to this person until she said that SHE was scared of "risking eternal salvation".

Ok, even if you're a Christian and believe in Heaven and Hell, do you think God is so much of a dipshit he would be like "well, you were devout all your life but got tricked into getting the satanic vaccine, so eternal torture for you!"

I know these people are traumatized from years of emotional abuse and being told that an eternity of hellfire awaits for one tiny misstep, but come on.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for naming my dog Lucifer?

quote:

I just got a puppy. Originally he was sexed as female, and the shelter given name was Lucy. He replied to it so I kept it. A few weeks later I found out he was a boy, but he already responded to his name, so I jokingly just lengthened it to Lucifer and I call him Luci. He's a GSD/Rottie mix, so he sort of looks like what you'd expect hellhounds to.

The issue comes in with my father; he is a priest, and has been since I was a kid. He doesn't like dogs anyway. In his opinion dogs are the devils animal. I grew up with cats (as the opposite of dogs they were obviously the opposite of hell, so, heavens animals) and so when they found out I was getting a dog, he prayed for me, yada yada. I never really believed in all the Jesus stuff, and if you ask anyone my dog is named after Lucifer from the show, not the literal devil, because to me he doesn't exist.

Plus my girlfriend is a witch, so I'm basically as far from Christianity as one can get.

Anyway, my sister saw a post on Instagram where I used his full name. No big deal. Well, I thought it wasn't. My mom called me, sobbing, saying I'd been preyed upon and I needed to get rid of my dog immediately. After a while I explained he hadn't forced me to give him that name (because he's a dog. All he knows is poop on mom's floor and eat her expensive shoes) and I chose it for him.

Since then they have been begging for me to change it. It's a name, so I'm thinking it's pretty funny. Besides, satanism doesn't sound that bad.

Jokes aside, it's getting really serious. Like, my dad showed up to baptise my dog kind of serious. I told him to gently caress off, and told them they were all blowing it was out of proportion.

My girlfriend thinks we should just change his name to appease them, and I am thinking we may have to, but I really don't want to. He's my dog, and I should be allowed to name him whatever the gently caress I want.

Am I the rear end in a top hat? Changing his name wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it almost feels like I'm letting them win again.

quote:

In his opinion dogs are the devils animal
:crossarms:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Is this a flippant comment about the dad in the "mom freaks out about boys" story? Because that's a pretty spicy take if it is

i am concious that this is the "invent a situation based on limited information and get mad about it" thread but it is from the many iterations of the pyf meme thread, where a post containing that phrase has kind of become its own recognisable thing

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for naming my dog Lucifer?

:crossarms:

Dad is nuts but baptizing a dog is :kimchi:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rudager posted:

Is this real?

Please tell me this is real.

Sorry, that entire post is a parody. It loosely references a dude who ended up facing criminal charges for sexually harassing himself right out of a job, but I don't think he ever threatened reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Soylent Pudding posted:

quote:

Last night again we discussed why she was doing this, she said she just wanted a bit more discipline in the house as our kids are "too relaxed?" but again said she would drop it.

My mom told me the same thing. Unrelated, I was also in therapy for an anxiety disorder.