Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
SRS hosed up the meter on that song parody. He's missing a whole syllable on the third line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've seen worse on here

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Remember the TNA Mecca song parodies

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Remember the TNA Mecca song parodies

Do we have to? The Smash Mouth one still baffles me to this day.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
i know late on the Randy Talk but here anyways

and not Cody but this angle loving rules (no pun intended)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol I forgot Randy wrote that creepy nonce poo poo.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Who will show up first on Raw:

Swole or Cody?

BREAKING: Swole is going to RAW because she's having dinner with her husband after Main Event tapes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

BREAKING: Swole is going to RAW because she's having dinner with her husband after Main Event tapes.

Hey! Cedric was on Raw this week. For like 2 minutes losing to Dominik.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Hirez posted:

and not Cody but this angle loving rules (no pun intended)

God, that spot was so bad. Anderson was way too close to the corner so Angle had to basically jump straight up instead of fully backwards and drat near decapitates himself on the ropes as he comes down.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/friedmannina/status/1503647510870568962?s=21

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Germansimp posted:

God, that spot was so bad. Anderson was way too close to the corner so Angle had to basically jump straight up instead of fully backwards and drat near decapitates himself on the ropes as he comes down.

oh man for a sec i thought that was from the jarrett match where jarrett ganso's angle off the top rope

what i'm getting at is angle's lockdown matches are fuckin insane and i need to watch them again because i'm a sick gently caress

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

what a conniving face

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

edogawa rando posted:

Treated like a big deal, gets plenty of time to rest and not be worn down to a nub, and gets to be a featured part of a kick-rear end stacked division while being involved in big, main-event tier angles. Oh, the agony.

If you think about it Brock Lesnar barely ever wrestles and ain't nobody give a drat about him

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1503434296941588480?cxt=HHwWgMC9xeHhot0pAAAA

That fancy wallet is gone ese. :smith:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

what a conniving face

Wait. MJF was born on the Ides of March? That's loving perfect.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hirez posted:

i know late on the Randy Talk but here anyways

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Barry Bluejeans posted:

what a conniving face

that kid is clearly planning evil deeds

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
https://twitter.com/JustDewIt10/status/1503698118596038657

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I can't see 'Tanahashi' anymore without hearing mr Jawn E Blud exclaiming 'TAN-A-HASHEE'

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What year is this?

Not sure if reference, but if so, :discourse:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

lmao i love how loving petty and lovely tv asahi is about their content getting posted on the internet. japanese companies are so loving stuck in the past about social media its frustrating

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao i love how loving petty and lovely tv asahi is about their content getting posted on the internet. japanese companies are so loving stuck in the past about social media its frustrating

I love the way that NTV are apparently so stuck in the past that they don't even know that Youtube is just full of AJPW & NOAH that they have the rights for. Either that or they are unusually chill.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You two love such weird things

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Biff Bucik posted a thread on reddit stating he doesn’t support qanon and that Drake randomly texted him asking for money.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Biff seems like a good guy so I can buy into that he wasn't totally aware of what was going on

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Biff seems like a good guy so I can buy into that he wasn't totally aware of what was going on

Drake's behavior throughout this whole thing has been pretty dishonest so it's also plausible Biff got conned by a friend

Its also important to remember that Drake's rep before this poo poo started was really good, people like Steen would talk about what a positive, fun guy he was to be around

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yeah his NXT hiring was very well received, they even did a little YouTube puff piece iirc getting guys like Mox on the record about how he was a guy you really wanted on the road with you.

Unfortunately he’s a big born-again Christian (recovery stuff maybe?) and that set was/is extremely vulnerable to grifts of all kinds. It’s sad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
His former friends have been whispering for more than two years that he's a loving psycho and he was easier to be around when he was still an addict so the stuff with Drake is not a semi recent development. It'll be 2 years since this summer that he stormed out of a meeting about Black Lives Matter.

Meanwhile, PVZ, or maybe P Not VZ is going to be great for discourse.

https://twitter.com/paigevanzant/status/1504126188079308807

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

KungFu Grip posted:

Kind of reminds me how one of the really successful Yakuza game spin-off franchises (?) got deep sixed because the talent agency that managed the Japanese musician/film star at the center of it didn’t know what video games were and didn’t want to know, they just seemed to randomly decide to assert control over a bunch of image-related stuff in a way that derailed the project

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Kind of reminds me how one of the really successful Yakuza game spin-off franchises (?) got deep sixed because the talent agency that managed the Japanese musician/film star at the center of it didn’t know what video games were and didn’t want to know, they just seemed to randomly decide to assert control over a bunch of image-related stuff in a way that derailed the project

Judgement, right? They didn't want the games to be on PC because you'd be able to rip the model of the main character out and use it for other things, IIRC.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Judgement, they released a sequel on playstation last year but the sticking point was rights fees over a port to Steam and the lead character actor's agency might nix the whole deal

unless this has happened to them before which is entirely possible

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

His former friends have been whispering for more than two years that he's a loving psycho and he was easier to be around when he was still an addict so the stuff with Drake is not a semi recent development. It'll be 2 years since this summer that he stormed out of a meeting about Black Lives Matter.

Meanwhile, PVZ, or maybe P Not VZ is going to be great for discourse.

https://twitter.com/paigevanzant/status/1504126188079308807

When you mentioned discourse I was expecting a bunch of right-wing stuff

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I love the way that NTV are apparently so stuck in the past that they don't even know that Youtube is just full of AJPW & NOAH that they have the rights for. Either that or they are unusually chill.

In a way it's kinda of amazing they're just sitting on the footage and not trying to license it for say Wrestle Universe or some other service but if they're gonna do nothing not going after Youtube is a good thing.

Japanese media companies have gotten better at social media and the funny thing is Bushiroad has been okay with their mobage/anime stuff but TV Asashi is just dirt awful to deal with

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1504243573520318471

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

biff busick has said he does not support qanon, and knows that they hurt people, that he did not know donating to drake's political campaign was donating to qanon. but he does support reddit.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

In a way it's kinda of amazing they're just sitting on the footage and not trying to license it for say Wrestle Universe or some other service but if they're gonna do nothing not going after Youtube is a good thing.

Japanese media companies have gotten better at social media and the funny thing is Bushiroad has been okay with their mobage/anime stuff but TV Asashi is just dirt awful to deal with

TV Asahi copyright striking NOAH stuff that airs on Abema would be a funny next step

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

Judgement, they released a sequel on playstation last year but the sticking point was rights fees over a port to Steam and the lead character actor's agency might nix the whole deal

unless this has happened to them before which is entirely possible

For context, the actor is Kimura Takuya who is still with Johnny’s Entertainment, which is the Japanese boy band factory. They would also until recently not allow photos to be used or put online of their artists. They’re about as traditional as traditional Japanese media firms can get.

Asahi done hosed up this time, but it’s symptomatic of bigger problems at the big firms. They’re missing a trick by not having the official English Twitter account for NJPW doing the same.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It's time for Japan to end the DMCA and give me all the wrestling footage via a google drive folder titled WRESTLING

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This camera change is god tier.

https://twitter.com/tamaruhiroshi/status/1504007943343071232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

harperdc posted:

For context, the actor is Kimura Takuya who is still with Johnny’s Entertainment, which is the Japanese boy band factory. They would also until recently not allow photos to be used or put online of their artists. They’re about as traditional as traditional Japanese media firms can get.

Asahi done hosed up this time, but it’s symptomatic of bigger problems at the big firms. They’re missing a trick by not having the official English Twitter account for NJPW doing the same.

Hell, Kimura was just a white vacuum outline of himself even in magazines doing pieces about the game. It didn't ever help either that Johnny Kitagawa, owner/creator himself, was a huge piece of poo poo.