Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

BREAKING: Latest pentagon intel is that they have decided to send a single (1) M1 Abrams and one (1) Michael Dukakis to Ukraine with the rest of the munitions.
:blyat::blyat::blyat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Vakal posted:

Or that's not the method they used and are just loving with the Russians.

See the great carrot eating ploy from WW2.

The second greatest carrot ploy, second only to this one.
https://youtu.be/3KszJHdraSY

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lol Putin looks like poo poo. Nice fuherbunker speach you goblin bitch.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

"Must have been the wind" says lying country with everything to lose by telling the truth.

"JUST THE WIND" Lukashena screams as his allies turn up dead
https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1504462740449943554?t=AGfc6bo97tQwwTUc3iDgcA&s=19

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
French airforce doing training maneuvres in the british channel islands for experience operating in English speaking airspace. I live on Guernsey and I don't think we've seen them since 2020, and even then they weren't practicing approaches to my knowledge.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Vakal posted:

Or that's not the method they used and are just loving with the Russians.

See the great carrot eating ploy from WW2.

Lol if it turns out 18 year old Vitaly is just texting officer locations to Ukrainian MoD.

Fragging with russian characteristics.

Ghost of Upstate
Aug 19, 2010

The Fattest PI posted:

Maybe we can get something positive out of the war. There's brainmushed CHUDs repeating the russian state propaganda "denazification" lines. Instead of rolling our eyes an saying "um actually" and nobody listens, we push harder on the denazification in general. Let's denazify everything!

Denazify america! Did you know some of our very own american politicians are supporting literal nazis and going to their rallies? You know what to do brave patriot!

if they were actually mad about nazis this would be a good idea, but they're not.

weirdly, though, I just moved out of a super redneck area with a lot of trump people I'm still vaguely in touch with, and despite repeating some disinfo they seem to be all-in for Ukraine. I'm starting to think the people parroting the likely paid shills are actually majority tankies as opposed to actual republicans, and I kinda wish it were possible to collect actual data on that

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

old beast lunatic posted:

lol Putin looks like poo poo. Nice fuherbunker speach you goblin bitch.

quote:

Putin: “We value the position of those foreign companies that, despite the inexcusable pressure from the U.S. and its vassals, continue to work in our country,” he said. “Going forward, they will definitely receive additional opportunities for development.”

loving Arby's is probably licking its chops waiting to move into all the old mcdonalds buildings.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sir John Falstaff posted:

More on those Belarusian explosions--apparently now the authorities are going with a "sonic boom" explanation, which as this reporter notes is different than their "artillery exercises" explanation from yesterday:

I'd sort of figured as nothing more come out about it today it was a bit of a non-story, but um now it actually seems like it possibly could be something.

Weird thing is, if there was several large explosions in Belarus where were they? like if there were in cities or towns you'd expect images to be online by now of something been blown up. If they were in military bases you'd expect... you know a coup to be happening or major panic, or more explosions or... you know something.

All very weird.

"the aircraft has fuel tanks under it's wings."

The aircrafts gets tanks and Ukraine doesn't. Rude.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 17, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

LifeSunDeath posted:

loving Arby's is probably licking its chops waiting to move into all the old mcdonalds buildings.

Arby's and Papa Johns are going to own Russia after this.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Arby's and Papa Johns are going to own Russia after this.

Putin just after that horsey sauce

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

More on those Belarusian explosions--apparently now the authorities are going with a "sonic boom" explanation, which as this reporter notes is different than their "artillery exercises" explanation from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/HannaLiubakova/status/1504456729882505218

(Note that this reporter, although from Belarus, is clearly against Lukashenko, so there may be a bit of bias.)

not to weigh on on the propaganda or anything but if you've never felt a sonic boom before and you're not expecting one it absolutely sounds and feels like something just exploded nearby, and potentially over a large area. we accidentally ate a navy sonic boom from offshore a few years ago in virginia beach when the wind was just right to bring it in, supposedly, and my first thought was that there had been a gas exposion or something. it was enough to knock poo poo off of shelves and bring down a kitchen cabinet that had apparently been just glued to the ceiling lol

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Looking forward to the deployment of the Arby’s® Deluxe Nuclear Warhead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Isn't this real bad for Lukashenko in-general if people are thinking his allies are touchable? As in "He's next on a list" bad?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Cthulu Carl posted:

I tried this and learned more about track tensioning than I ever wanted.

Oh bugger, the tank is on fire has been vaporized! :blyat:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

free hubcaps posted:

nah shooting officers has been a great tactic since the dawn of warfare

Wish we would’ve taken that advice during/after the Civil War in the US because we’d have a poo poo-ton fewer issues with regards to this terrible country today.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

https://twitter.com/HannaLiubakova/status/1504456729882505218

(Note that this reporter, although from Belarus, is clearly against Lukashenko, so there may be a bit of bias.)

Just a viral marketing campaign for Top Gun 2, requesting a tower flyby while the pattern is full. Only in theaters May 26th

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

edit: wrong thread.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Mistle posted:

:ssh: The joke is "Why don't we just send a bunch of modern U.S. tanks to Ukraine so they can win really quickly?" :ssh:

I'm pretty sure Russia already has the armor deliveries covered.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

um excuse me posted:

German Eurofighter registration 30+95 callsign ROCKET1
Danke.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Ghost of Upstate posted:

if they were actually mad about nazis this would be a good idea, but they're not.

weirdly, though, I just moved out of a super redneck area with a lot of trump people I'm still vaguely in touch with, and despite repeating some disinfo they seem to be all-in for Ukraine. I'm starting to think the people parroting the likely paid shills are actually majority tankies as opposed to actual republicans, and I kinda wish it were possible to collect actual data on that

I think you might be hitting the odd confluence of people who saying "denazification of ukraine" to convince people ukraine is bad, and the people who legit believe ukraine has a nazi problem, and unironically support them for it. "All they want is just their little own ethnostate is that so bad"

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Isn't this real bad for Lukashenko in-general if people are thinking his allies are touchable? As in "He's next on a list" bad?

I would say so.

I wonder if Western intelligence (IE: the CIA) is starting poo poo preparing for a coup, or if Lukashenko's unpopularity and being dragged into a supremely unpopular war is just a bad mix for his regime.

Perhaps both?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

KitConstantine posted:

"JUST THE WIND" Lukashena screams as his allies turn up dead

Calling that guy an "ally" is more than a little pompous. Apparently he's a random twenty-something soldier who fled to Belarus after he got caught drunkenly beating his own mother.

https://belsat.eu/en/news/30-12-2021-polish-court-upholds-conviction-of-deserter-emil-czeczko/

quote:

An arrest warrant was issued for Czeczko, who on December 16 left his military unit and fled to Belarus.

The trial was held behind closed doors to protect his mother’s private interests. Czeczko is known to have abused alcohol, beat his mother, threatened to kill her, insulted and humiliated her, yelled at her, forced her to buy him cigarettes and alcohol, which “took the form of mental and physical abuse of the mother.” He did not allow his mother to be in the same room with him. The mother was forced to stay in the kitchen.

The latest incident occurred on May 7, 2021. At that time, according to the judge, Czeczko punched his mother several times in the face and the back of the head with an open palm, squeezed her neck with his hands, then punched her in the face with his fist and head. The woman suffered bodily injuries that “caused a deterioration in her health that lasted no more than seven days.” The police then detained the defendant.

Czeczko’s first conviction for this was back in September — before he deserted. He appealed then and returned to duty, as the sentence had not come into force. A few days before he fled to Belarus, Czeczko was stopped by the police for driving under the influence of alcohol and marijuana, but even then, he was not imprisoned.

Earlier, the prosecutor’s office in Bialystok charged Czeczko in absentia under part 3 of article 339 of the Criminal Code of Poland (“Desertion”), which is punishable with imprisonment for a term of one to ten years.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Ghost of Upstate posted:

It was obvious to everyone who tortured themselves with chud facebook walls, that all coherent idiot thought on chud facebook walls dissapeared at the same time russia's global hellban started. I'm sure this is just a coincidence.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Vladmir Putin just released this statement, MUST READ:

"Then the wetness his thrust his tongue deep into my rear end licking all of my anal walls He sucked and licked and slurped and tongued going from my pussy to my rear end and then back up again he pressed deep down into my pussy shaking his head and forth I felt the facial stubs all over my pussy and it felt glorious he licked and flicked my clit and tongue hosed my rear end till his face was covered in honeycomb honey cum after mopping up all the comb cum with his juicy tongue he pulled out his big long fat rear end dick and slapped me on my rear end with it rubbing it back and forth and back and forth across my brown hole ."

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

NihilCredo posted:

Calling that guy an "ally" is more than a little pompous. Apparently he's a random twenty-something soldier who fled to Belarus after he got caught drunkenly beating his own mother.

https://belsat.eu/en/news/30-12-2021-polish-court-upholds-conviction-of-deserter-emil-czeczko/

An overstatement maybe, but he was a very popular propaganda tool for the Belarusian government
https://neweasterneurope.eu/2022/03/14/the-belarusian-migrant-crisis-and-state-propaganda/

quote:

In his statements, Czeczko accused Poland of committing genocide on the Polish-Belarusian border. He claims that he participated in the execution of migrants during the ten days that he spent at the EU frontier. According to Belarusian media, the number of those killed by Polish guards varies between 200 and 700 people. He also claimed that he was forced to personally participate in the execution of more than 200 people. This number includes women and children.

Emil Czeczko accused “Polish counterintelligence” of supervising all of these executions. He also claimed that President Andrzej Duda and Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki were aware of these actions.

The Investigative Committee of Belarus launched a criminal case in relation to the high rate of migrant deaths on the Belarusian-Polish border. Though Czeczko publicly called himself a murderer, he is currently a witness in this case

Probably more useful to look at how Belarus perceives him at the moment than how Poland does, I think.

Edit: he was publicly supported by state entities

quote:

In Belarus, Emil Czeczko has filed a lawsuit titled “On Genocide and Crimes against Humanity on the Territory of Poland” to the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

A Belarusian group called the Systemic Advocacy Centre (SAC) appears to be working closely with Czeczko. This state-sponsored body is assisting him with his refugee application and promoting his statements on atrocities committed by Poland.

Raman Pratasevich, a co-founder of the Telegram-channel NEXTA, is also working with the SAC as one of its new human rights defenders. He is now promoting Czeczko’s case along with many others.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
"We are just invading the Ukraine to get rid of the Nazis" Putin cries while simultaneously paying the Wagner group to assist with the invasion.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Vladmir Putin just released this statement, MUST READ:

"Then the wetness his thrust his tongue deep into my rear end licking all of my anal walls He sucked and licked and slurped and tongued going from my pussy to my rear end and then back up again he pressed deep down into my pussy shaking his head and forth I felt the facial stubs all over my pussy and it felt glorious he licked and flicked my clit and tongue hosed my rear end till his face was covered in honeycomb honey cum after mopping up all the comb cum with his juicy tongue he pulled out his big long fat rear end dick and slapped me on my rear end with it rubbing it back and forth and back and forth across my brown hole ."

That's great but it doesn't sound like a tank?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

jadebullet posted:

I'm pretty sure Russia already has the armor deliveries covered.

oh, word??/

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/no_itsmyturn/status/1504471712519229445?s=21

poo poo looks like the old black-and-white footage of Berlin after the war.

https://twitter.com/venediktovaiv/status/1504450085035417602?s=21

This may be one of the few celebrity endorsements I have no problem with. Although to imply she’s a celebrity solely for her husband is both unfair and inaccurate.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thread is showing a shocking lack of insight on the use of tanks in modern warfrae. none of you have military friends i take it? you can watch military guys on youtube or check out their tweets as a substitute.
from observing the tactics used by tank units during the invasion, OSINT analysts have deduced that Russian Generals have no military friends.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

This may be one of the few celebrity endorsements I have no problem with. Although to imply she’s a celebrity solely for her husband is both unfair and inaccurate.

That reminds me of a legendary photo caption I once saw on Tagesschau.de

“The human right activist Amal Clooney is seen visiting Angela Merkel in her office in Berlin, together with her husband, who is an actor.”

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Russian Generals also have no politician or oligarch friends, going by how many of them get the same special treatment in Russia as investigative reporters:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/Sputnik_Not/status/1504400094174625793

But on the other news, Russia is again today threatening Finland, this time trying to get Russians living in Finland to snitch on the local government to give them a reason for intervention.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah and a badly maintained one at that.

How's the saying go? If the Mosin Nagant jams, just hit it with another Mosin Nagant.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Captain Kosmos posted:

Yeah, I just don't know how locating the artillery works. Destroying them is the easy part, artillery especially towed ones. We were told that we have some minutes to relocate after the salvo, otherwise we are going to get salvo from the other side or helicopters after us.

ignoring all the rest of reconnaissance, UAVs and other aerial recon and scouts on the ground, etc. there are a couple ways you can locate the other battery once it starts shooting

one is certain radars can watch the incoming rounds and calculate the origin point from the trajectory, even if they only catch the latter part of the flight. these are purpose-built - not something every radar can do due to the small size of the projectile needing a correspondingly small radar wavelength. they also have a pretty short range for a radar, a side effect of the combination of small wavelength and small physical size of the radar for battlefield needs; but it's plenty of range for its purpose.

If the other guys are also using one of these counterbattery radars, you can also detect them by having your own ELINT sensors looking out for those radar waves.

another way is acoustic sensors - I could be wrong, not an expert on this, but I think these work on a multi-sensor and time-difference-of-arrival principle - if you have 3 microphones and they each "know" precisely where the other sensors are in relation to themselves, then system they're connected to can calculate how far away the source of the "boom" was based on the separation in time when each one heard it

feel free to correct me on any of this

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

The Sausages posted:

Russian Generals also have no politician or oligarch friends, going by how many of them get the same special treatment in Russia as investigative reporters:

:megadeath:

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

If a general gets offed does the killer take his rank like Klingons do?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

KitConstantine posted:

Genuinely really good video by Arnold on the war. I hope this makes its way to Russia - he's the biggest cultural figure whos spoken out I could see people there maybe listening to
https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1504426844199669762?t=nm5mBJ7GxBUwGYEkslTU4Q&s=19

Edit: beaten but the video should be on more pages so I am not a corncob

Why didn't we just make Arnold president? Surely he's preferable over these other old men who have held power recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Why didn't we just make Arnold president? Surely he's preferable over these other old men who have held power recently

He cannot be, he was not born here. * or born before the founding of the country, but I don't think we even have anyone frozen and questionably able to thaw out so barring time travelers...