Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

If you think about it, the gospels are really all just fan fiction.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

If you think about it, the gospels are really all just fan fiction.

I mean there are a ton of them they didn’t make it into the Bible and some of them are amazing. The Infancy Gospel of Thomas where child Jesus is going around loving with people using his powers is :discourse:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So the cat saw the vet yesterday and the vet decided to eliminate the possibility of there being an issue with allergies. She got an antibiotic injection, some subcutaneous fluid to rehydrate her, and an appetite simulant to get her to eat. So far no change to her however - she's still not taking food and is even weaker this morning. I should get bloodwork back some time today to at least try to get some clarity on what's going on but it's really looking like it's time to say goodbye.

:smith:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

dirty shrimp money posted:

So the cat saw the vet yesterday and the vet decided to eliminate the possibility of there being an issue with allergies. She got an antibiotic injection, some subcutaneous fluid to rehydrate her, and an appetite simulant to get her to eat. So far no change to her however - she's still not taking food and is even weaker this morning. I should get bloodwork back some time today to at least try to get some clarity on what's going on but it's really looking like it's time to say goodbye.

Oof. Sorry, bud that really sucks.

So many pets on these dead forums saying goodbye lately.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

A fed shaking his head and turning off the feed after the fifth "more kites" joke. His partner turns and asks, "is that old footage, or were they really making Goldmember references in 2022?"

T-Square
May 14, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Me and a lot of my friends had e30 3 series, and the e30 M3 was our dream car that none of us could afford at the time. The interior of that car looks just like my first car, so its extremely nostalgic when I drive in cockpit view.

I’ve been getting cockteased about finally being able to close on my house so all I can think about is finally getting my E30 325 hauled out from my parents house so I can get it fixed up and drive it again :smith:

Gonna finish the hooligan bike first though :getin:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Blowjob Overtime posted:

A fed shaking his head and turning off the feed after the fifth "more kites" joke. His partner turns and asks, "is that old footage, or were they really making Goldmember references in 2022?"

If someone ever recorded a conversation between myself, my brother, and my cousin, it’d be the same thing only with references to Dumb & Dumber, Slap Shot, A Bronx Tail, and Wayne Gretzky’s 3D Hockey.

Also dirty shrimp, sorry about your cat :smith:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

lol across the board

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It was paywalled so I don't know if it's just clickbait, but still, gently caress.

https://twitter.com/business/status/894852079348584448?s=20&t=y3QhOlUMIs8Z99nqWCwTHw

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have to imagine the dying younger is probably in large part due to COVID. People are just dying more in general, which is going to shift life expectancy down. No clue why that would help employers though, unless it means people dying while they're still working.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

seiferguy posted:

Almost every game on ps5 that's good is playable in some form on ps4. Will it be highest quality resolution and framerate? No. Will it have loading times? Yes. But functionally you'd get the same game.

So far I think the only good games you'd miss out on is the new Ratchet and Clank and Returnal. Horizon Forbidden West, Miles Morales, GT7, the upcoming God of War game, and others have gotten cross gen releases, and Sony plans on doing that for the foreseeable future until ps5s don't sell off the shelf immediately when in stock.
Yeah it took me a while to get a PS4 anyway so I can wait.

Btw if any goons wants a shout out on my lefty wrestling podcast doing a fundraising drive with Western PA Fund For Choice since A)It's an annual thing I try helping out with and B)There are people from Texas heading to Western PA for abortion access (which is overwhelming workers since there are already people coming in from OH and WV to receive care) Any donation is welcome!
https://fund.nnaf.org/fundraiser/3736237

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I have to imagine the dying younger is probably in large part due to COVID. People are just dying more in general, which is going to shift life expectancy down. No clue why that would help employers though, unless it means people dying while they're still working.

The tweet is from 2017

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Very sorry, Shrimp and kitty.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Good read.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/03/russia-ukraine-senate-testimony-autocracy-kleptocrats/627061/

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

The tweet is from 2017

Well poo poo.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Squeaky wheel situation. If X minority is vocal enough, it can exaggerate their actual size. This is doubly so with social media which is designed to drive conversation by prioritizing the loudest participants.

From the most cursory glance, you'd think there was a sudden upsurge of Ukrainians on Facebook with all the flag filters on people's profile pics.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I should get bloodwork back some time today to at least try to get some clarity on what's going on but it's really looking like it's time to say goodbye.

Bloodwork had bad news. Her creatinine levels are off the chart - 5 mg/dl is kidney failure, she's at 14. Damage is most likely irreparable; best case is after a lengthy hospital stay she'd be on dialysis for the rest of her life. Can't let her suffer like that. I'm having her put down this afternoon.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bloodwork had bad news. Her creatinine levels are off the chart - 5 mg/dl is kidney failure, she's at 14. Damage is most likely irreparable; best case is after a lengthy hospital stay she'd be on dialysis for the rest of her life. Can't let her suffer like that. I'm having her put down this afternoon.

gently caress. Exact same thing happened with my dog last November, right down to the creatine levels being way off the charts. I distinctly remember our vet muttering "oh poo poo" under his breath when he got the results back.

There's really nothing you can do for her at this point other than give her peace. I'm really sorry that you have to go through this.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

So sorry to hear that dude. Worst part of owning a pet. :(

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oh man, so sorry.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Who's answering that 100 million people live in NYC

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How insane do you have to be to think 21% of people are trans?

If you boiled it down to the largest subsection possible: women programmers you still wouldn't hit 20%.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Intruder posted:

Who's answering that 100 million people live in NYC

Problem is that they don't answer in real numbers, they answer in percentages. People don't bother to think about the math of it, or they're just loving with the surveyor. Like if you asked people, "how many transgender people live in America", you'd probably end of with a more accurate number, since I doubt someone is going to say there are 50 million transgender people, they'd say like 1 million.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

That sucks dude. I'm sorry about your cat. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm really sorry dsm. I've been through it, it's awful. Cherish the time you got to have with your kitty, and know you gave her a great life.

Nov 6, 2002

Much more damning imo:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every one of those from medium dog on up is just the # of people who've never watched Jackass.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm about 60% of the way through Jedi Fallen Order. I'm enjoying it overall, but the platforming isn't really very fun until you get double-jump 10 hours into the game, and the Wookie character models look terrible. 2.8/10

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how hard could it be to gently caress up a goose

just grab their stupid reedy neck and go to town

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Alaois posted:

how hard could it be to gently caress up a goose

just grab their stupid reedy neck and go to town

I mean I wanna believe as much, but could see them snapping my femur or some poo poo with a solid wing blow because I’m a clumsy oaf and can’t dodge, I think my best bet would be to just charge and crash tackle it? A goose’s ground and pound game has got to be pretty weak

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The genders swapping on Lion makes me laugh every time.

Nov 6, 2002

I bought J:FO last year and twice I tried to get through it and just got bored.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

I mean I wanna believe as much, but could see them snapping my femur or some poo poo with a solid wing blow because I’m a clumsy oaf and can’t dodge, I think my best bet would be to just charge and crash tackle it? A goose’s ground and pound game has got to be pretty weak

Their wings are pretty strong, not strong enough to break bones or anything, but they'll leave welts all over you, and unless you got that killing intent, you'll probably just get your rear end kicked by one.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I bought J:FO last year and twice I tried to get through it and just got bored.

I bounced off of it a year ago because I got lost on the first planet, but I decided to give it another try and I got into it. I'm Elden Ring-curious, so I figured it made sense to try the Souls-like for babies first.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
You should be able to kill a goose with your bare hands

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Unless it’s a beautiful black swan, leave those alone

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://youtu.be/vd2bSDKWblw

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm really sorry about your cat. :(

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

I'm so, so sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

While I'm sure there's someone out there with a Native American dad and a Jewish mom who's also a practicing Muslim, those are three demographics without a lot of overlap generally speaking. If you add up the estimated percentage of people who belong to one of those groups 82% of Americans are either Jewish, Muslim or Native American.