Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

PBCrunch posted:

The absolute minimum Honda could have done is launched the Integra with either a 20-hp power bump OR offered a GS-R/Type-S/Type-R from the start with a turbo K-series engine of some variety coupled to a standard manual transmission.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Warbird posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=91
I mean the Accord seems to be doing fine…
And comes in a 2.0 T trim for under 40k and a 10-speed torque convertor.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

idgi i thought "the more adult civic with a nicer interior" was called the 11th gen civic

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

its an integra: it's a fancier nicer civic

that's what the integra has always been and people are getting all hosed up in their minds thinking that the only thing was the ITR or the GS-R. this is like the base loving integra RS or GS or whatever the gently caress it was called that acura sold thousands and thousands of that nobody gives a poo poo about.

what will be interesting is if there is a performance version

Pretty much every 90s JDM car people only remember the versions they saw in Fast and Furious and expect the new model of that to be that instead of like the actual cars that were sold

The Integra seems fine especially considering the price point. Honda not going hard on horsepower is kind of their thing

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Honda wants to sell Integras based on the ones everyone remembers, it's the only reason "Integra" means anything. I don't think it's unreasonable that people expect something more special, Honda is certainly selling it that way.

If Honda wants to cash in on what the nameplate has become then that's on them for not understanding why people might not just swallow what they are selling whole.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
The Integra Type-R was a whole different car. I don't think Honda has to deliver that.

Honda should be able to deliver a Civic chassis with unique styling, a standard manual transmission, at least one engine option more powerful than anything you can get in a Civic.

And no CVT under any circumstances. Put in a thoroughly vetted DCT or a modern 8-or-more-forward-gears slushbox if you have to provide something for lazy people.

NO CVTs. None. Not one.

If Honda is going to gently caress up the Integra name it might as well be on something that will sell. Like a "coupe" version of the RDX with a manual transmission and SH-AWD.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

PBCrunch posted:

If Honda is going to gently caress up the Integra name it might as well be on something that will sell. Like a "coupe" version of the RDX with a manual transmission and SH-AWD.

lmao

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Who gives a poo poo what it’s called? All that should matter is how it drives, rides, and looks. Typically in that order

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Head Bee Guy posted:

Who gives a poo poo what it’s called? All that should matter is how it drives, rides, and looks. Typically in that order

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

PBCrunch posted:

IntegraCross R-Line PHEV

*runs away*

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
if the new Integra were a larger, 4 door, 200-350hp CRZ successor I’d be over the moon with it

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Has anyone gone from a gen3 mazda 3 to a gen 4? The trade in value for my 2017 3 is nuts and nearly what I paid for it, and the turbo 3 has my attention since the GTI hosed their infotainment and the integra looks like a shitshow.

I've been thinking about a Stinger GT-line too but I haven't found anywhere to test drive one.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

On Terra Firma posted:

Has anyone gone from a gen3 mazda 3 to a gen 4? The trade in value for my 2017 3 is nuts and nearly what I paid for it, and the turbo 3 has my attention since the GTI hosed their infotainment and the integra looks like a shitshow.

I've been thinking about a Stinger GT-line too but I haven't found anywhere to test drive one.

Mazda3 is a pig compared to a ton of other cars, like Civic (and probably Integra), GTI, etc tho. Feels like a whale compared to my Fiesta ST, but it’s also much bigger and way more comfy so that’s to be expected

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

On Terra Firma posted:

If they didn't gently caress up the C/D pillar situation so badly I would find it a much more compelling option :/ also offer a stick with the turbo you cowards!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Oh gently caress I had one of these for a rental this weekend and what a goddamn atrocious hunk of worthless horse poo poo junk.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Oh gently caress I had one of these for a rental this weekend and what a goddamn atrocious hunk of worthless horse poo poo junk.

iTs An EcLiPsE

-Mitsubishi

:smithicide:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ok Comboomer posted:

iTs An EcLiPsE

-Mitsubishi

:smithicide:

Oh ok I guess I actually had an Outlander.

Irredeemable trash.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Oh ok I guess I actually had an Outlander.

Irredeemable trash.

so is the “eclipse”

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yes we can see it's a Mitsubishi. :v:

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
The Eclipse name was trash long before the Eclipse Cross ever came along. But Honda apparently has seen the progression of the Eclipse and has decided it wants to follow pretty much the same path for the Integra.

At least the Eclipse Cross has a turbo and available AWD. The third and fourth generation Eclipse couldn't even say that. poo poo, Mitsubishi should make a bigger version and call it 3000 GT Cross.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

PBCrunch posted:

The Eclipse name was trash long before the Eclipse Cross ever came along. But Honda apparently has seen the progression of the Eclipse and has decided it wants to follow pretty much the same path for the Integra.

At least the Eclipse Cross has a turbo and available AWD. The third and fourth generation Eclipse couldn't even say that. poo poo, Mitsubishi should make a bigger version and call it 3000 GT Cross.

lol New Integra is fine. It’s kinda ugly, kinda boring to look at, it’s kind of a visual mishmash of other Honda Corp products plus some new weird bullshit, just like all the old Integras. The Type S will prolly be a Type R with a cush interior and fancy sensors. It will be fast enough from the dealer, it will be extremely tunable, it will drive very good, it will run like a top probably way longer than there will be gasoline available for it. All of these are good Integra things to do. Its definitely no Eclipse Cross

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol New Integra is fine. It’s kinda ugly, kinda boring to look at, it’s kind of a visual mishmash of other Honda Corp products plus some new weird bullshit, just like all the old Integras. The Type S will prolly be a Type R with a cush interior and fancy sensors. It will be fast enough from the dealer, it will be extremely tunable, it will drive very good, it will run like a top probably way longer than there will be gasoline available for it. All of these are good Integra things to do. Its definitely no Eclipse Cross

++. Same confusing thing when everyone complained about the new New Sports car eXperience - it’s literally exactly what they’ve always done. I assume the fact that the old Civic and old sports car experiences is preferable is why everyone is so up in arms ;-)

All that to say, if the Integra comes with a good automatic option and competent adaptive cruise and cool color options, I’m a definite possible buyer.

Edit:// didn’t see they released a bunch of news recently. This thing looks great, It’s close to what I want in a daily. I’d even tolerate a good CVT, probably be smoother and nicer in most driving anyway.

RIP Paul Walker fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 16, 2022

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The world needs the GR Corolla sooner than ever.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

The world needs the GR Corolla sooner than ever.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

RIP Paul Walker posted:

All that to say, if the Integra comes with a good automatic option and competent adaptive cruise and cool color options, I’m a definite possible buyer.

lol it comes with a CVT and the three colors that Honda showed off during the unveiling were boring-rear end Accord colors

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol it comes with a CVT and the three colors that Honda showed off during the unveiling were boring-rear end Accord colors

Yeah the colors are a bummer. Wish you could get the blue with red interior.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Feature & power creep hurt the new integra imo. Honda had to cull the civic sport hatch (and remove the 1.5t from the sport sedan) just to make the room for the it. We'll see what the reviews of it are like, but it still seems like it's a hollow return.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

Feature & power creep hurt the new integra imo. Honda had to cull the civic sport hatch (and remove the 1.5t from the sport sedan) just to make the room for the it. We'll see what the reviews of it are like, but it still seems like it's a hollow return.

it could be so much worse

look at Subaru

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

look at Subaru

must I?

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Y’all making apologies for the resurrection of the integra are huffing AARP newsletters. Acting like anyone was excited about a new Integra LS is a joke. The 2.0T accord is more exciting than this.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

its more like a bunch of enthusiasts are dumb because they thought the resurrection of the Integra LS would actually be the Integra GS-R and then they got all loving mad because the resurrection of the Integra LS was in fact basically an Integra LS

there's still plenty of space for a GS-R, Type S, or R or whatever they want to badge it as

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Getting triggered as my first ever car I bought for myself was a 1995 integra LS

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

Getting triggered as my first ever car I bought for myself was a 1995 integra LS

Thinking about my 1.5L del Sol always puts a smile on my face. Maybe besides all the dumb poo poo I did to and with it I suppose. Moral of the story is you shouldn’t let your old Integra get you down.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Honda hates me personally and wants me dead and that's why the new Integra doesn't look like this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

MunchE posted:

Honda hates me personally and wants me dead and that's why the new Integra doesn't look like this

lol tag yourself

I’m the polk audio decal

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

All this integra talk reminded me of something weird thats happened the last few weeks.

I decided to get a grocery pickup for the first time 3 weeks ago, and when they went to put them in the trunk (Acura RSX) they were surprised the whole back lifted up "oh wow, the whole thing lifts up", which is whatever a first time.

Then 2 weeks ago I had another order, and another different person surprised the back lifted up, which ok started to seem strange.

Then this last week for a 3rd time in 3 weeks a 3rd separate person once again expressed surprise at the back lifting up, something that never happened previously when I had the car. I started wondering if something occured in the 10+ years that I spent without a car?

Have fastback hatches been so wiped from public consciousness? It just seemed really weird.

Which I guess brings me back around to the new integra and while I really don't like its looks, I'm incredibly glad they didn't also eliminate the hatch aspect.

Nothing beats a hatch.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

MunchE posted:

:hai:
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm either the underbody lights or the red decals on the wheels.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

im the goofy non functional rear tow hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!