Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Lego, designing the third variant: "Maybe this will make them shut up about trains for a little while."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Lots of cool things and new parts in that set, but I'm particularly excited about this:

The windscreen comes in its own separate bag, not loose or mixed with other parts!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 17, 2022

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Nope, not me being tempted to buy three of them to build all three versions.

No siree.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carbohydrates posted:

The windscreen comes in its own separate bag, not loose or mixed with other parts!

They finally learned from the chinese

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Don't know why I never thought to look for a Lego thread before, but I've been doing a lot recently.

Here's some Twitter threads of images of the stuff I've built this year.

https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1479185632736034822

https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1495507407384027138

https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1497608555263934465

https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1499929155663761413

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
More stuff.

The DMC logo on the black double cheese slope is a print, as are the wheel spokes (which first appeared as motor detail in the Vespa set). All the other new decor is stickered.

New parts spotted include:

- 4081b: Plate, Modified 1 x 1 with Light Attachment - Thick Ring, Sand Green
- New windscreen, similar to the F40's but bigger
- New slope piece, first spotted on Mando's N1, which is a 2 x 4 x 1 1/3 double 45 degree slope, angled about 5.7 degrees (a rise of 1 plate across a run of 4 studs)
- 89678: Technic, Pin 1/2 with Friction Ridges, White - probably. Could be the old non-friction half pin returning in white after a 17 year hiatus for no reason, but more likely a new standard color for the new half pin with friction. Spotted here due to a mistake where this assembly is slightly out of place (it's properly seated in most other pictures)
49492: Minifigure, Utensil Shepherd Staff, Black

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I really liked the Ship in a Bottle but the sails kinda sucked and I had a lot of trouble figuring out the difference between the two browns.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPI7-T9Ntg

oh drat, looks like someone already has an early copy

edit: looks like it was made private... lol. I got to watch the whole thing, the set looks fantastic

ee: back up?

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 17, 2022

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

BaconCopter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPI7-T9Ntg

oh drat, looks like someone already has an early copy

edit: looks like it was made private... lol. I got to watch the whole thing, the set looks fantastic

ee: back up?
There seems to be a miscommunicated review embargo for this. None of the major sites have their reviews up yet, but a couple smaller creators do. Racingbrick did a "detailed peview" today where they had the unopened box to show off, but stated they weren't allowed to do a full review for a few more days.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It’s an instant buy for me but I guess Deloreans and Lego just don’t mix because those a pillars are still pretty goofy.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

This is right up there with the Titanic in knowing immediately that I'll have to get this. Speaking of which, I should probably build the Titanic sometime.

The hardest part is going to be deciding which configuration to display it in.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 17, 2022

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I will have no problem displaying it in the BTTF2 configuration as god intended

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah that new Delorean looks great

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Ya'll are psyched over some wonderfully detailed recreation of an iconic cinematic vehicle but I'm on that next level poo poo: piecing together Sphinx's Secret out of a 60lbs bulk collection and futzing with the color of the led lamp on my desk to try to tell the difference between light gray and light bluish gray 1x2's. And if you're wondering if it has any minifigs or the large tent piece let me stop you there. Of course not. Just a blocky Sphinx and one complete obelisk.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dogen posted:

I will have no problem displaying it in the BTTF2 configuration as god intended

Yeah it’s gotta be the BTTF2 one for me too since you can put the wheels up and down. Doesn’t look like it’s hard to convert it to the other modes anyway

EDIT: Is the dashboard stuff inside the only printed pieces? Seems like most of it is stickers

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I was still trying to get the space shuttle (as in justify the purchase), but that is very close to a day one.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

RatHat posted:

Yeah it’s gotta be the BTTF2 one for me too since you can put the wheels up and down. Doesn’t look like it’s hard to convert it to the other modes anyway

EDIT: Is the dashboard stuff inside the only printed pieces? Seems like most of it is stickers
Most of the dash is stickers. The only printed parts are the DMC logo on the nose, the wheel covers/spokes, and one or two pre-existing control panel tiles. Everything else is stickers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

davebo posted:

Ya'll are psyched over some wonderfully detailed recreation of an iconic cinematic vehicle but I'm on that next level poo poo: piecing together Sphinx's Secret out of a 60lbs bulk collection and futzing with the color of the led lamp on my desk to try to tell the difference between light gray and light bluish gray 1x2's

Use the sun. Unless you have a good enough LED light, it can be a great struggle.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

HootTheOwl posted:

I really liked the Ship in a Bottle but the sails kinda sucked and I had a lot of trouble figuring out the difference between the two browns.

I like telling people it wasn't easy building the ship inside the bottle to see how long it takes them to figure it out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

It’s an instant buy for me but I guess Deloreans and Lego just don’t mix because those a pillars are still pretty goofy.

Yup. I didn’t buy the first one cause that whole area looked so goofy and the bigger one looks much better but still weird.

Still looks good enough that I’m excited for it and will probably make it a day one though.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Delorean looks great. Still I'll pass, not my cup of tea.

esperantinc posted:

Nope, not me being tempted to buy three of them to build all three versions.

No siree.

I built my minifig scale one with all three versions simultaneously. Hook from part 1, hover wheels from part 2 and hood greeblies from part 3. I figure for time travel movies it's ok to have them all at once.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When you put it like that I wonder how we have been saved from BttF 4?

Probably tempting fate by even saying it. But it is kind of shocking it hasn't happened yet. Or just a remake.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waltzing Along posted:

When you put it like that I wonder how we have been saved from BttF 4?

Probably tempting fate by even saying it. But it is kind of shocking it hasn't happened yet. Or just a remake.

Aren’t most of the actors basically retired at this point

A remake seems a lot more likely yeah

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

P sure Zemeckis pit something in a will or contract that a 4 or remake wouldn't be allowed.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

As someone who never really cared about Ghostbusters and doesn't have any strong feelings regarding the Batmobile, but thought those were nice looking sets if you do, it's nice to finally have my own personal 80s movie nostalgia car to indulge in.

Now when are we getting the train time machine from Part III?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lord Hydronium posted:

As someone who never really cared about Ghostbusters and doesn't have any strong feelings regarding the Batmobile, but thought those were nice looking sets if you do, it's nice to finally have my own personal 80s movie nostalgia car to indulge in.

Now when are we getting the train time machine from Part III?

Well I guess it’d sell more than their regular train sets

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty
BTTF2 configuration is the canonical correct choice because you can make it take off and whoosh around.

BTTF configuration is acceptable but BTTF3 is for psychopaths only.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Every space vehicle I made as as a kid had the wheels flip up and down like the delorean. It's the coolest thing ever

My kid just decided we needed an ace chemicals for the city and boy is this ever a great place to just dump trans neon into separate containers as the "chemical vats"

I'm using some of these as crane parts
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=98313&idColor=115#T=S&C=115&O={%22color%22:115,%22iconly%22:0}

But boy do I wish they just had a way to click onto a stud. Seems like a big wasted opportunity and I have like 20 of these things

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 17, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
A Delorean was something I kept trying to build as a kid so this is really loving tempting.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Will the Delorean be to Kale scale though???

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Chard to say

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fully to scale in all 4 dimensions

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

deoju posted:

Delorean looks great. Still I'll pass, not my cup of tea.

I built my minifig scale one with all three versions simultaneously. Hook from part 1, hover wheels from part 2 and hood greeblies from part 3. I figure for time travel movies it's ok to have them all at once.

No, it is not.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

YanniRotten posted:

BTTF2 configuration is the canonical correct choice because you can make it take off and whoosh around.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even as a kid I was sad for how stupid they made the Delorean look for part 3

Really fun movie though.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

YanniRotten posted:

:actually: the flying Delorean was also in BTTF.

Normally I'd agree with BTTF2 being the best, but there's something about the giant hook that is very cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder if the wheels tilt by default or if it requires some sort of rebuild.

Also $169 not bad. I assumed $200

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

davebo posted:

Ya'll are psyched over some wonderfully detailed recreation of an iconic cinematic vehicle but I'm on that next level poo poo: piecing together Sphinx's Secret out of a 60lbs bulk collection and futzing with the color of the led lamp on my desk to try to tell the difference between light gray and light bluish gray 1x2's. And if you're wondering if it has any minifigs or the large tent piece let me stop you there. Of course not. Just a blocky Sphinx and one complete obelisk.

Sphinxes are rad and we need some fancier Lego ones!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They included BTT3 so they could market it to the train fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

I wonder if the wheels tilt by default or if it requires some sort of rebuild.

Also $169 not bad. I assumed $200
Oh even better, my guy. There's a rubber band mechanism with a toggle lever on the underside of the car. Flipping it makes all 4 wheels together swing down or back up again.