Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ror posted:

You people make me sick.

A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). Everyone’s examples consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see has other items added to it. The fact that you are calling these "grilled cheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Totally different. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, call it a "melt” because that is not a loving grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. poo poo, I stopped lurking after 3 years and made this account for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this thread this morning I finally snapped.

You god drat heretics. Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your drat melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.

My Lovely Horse posted:

nice grilledcheesedown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Arivia posted:

time to start getting really cranky about networking in sh/sc: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_layer
Well, they can either be positive or negative about it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I love a good rage post

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

nice quoter/content combo

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
It's a great copypasta and I love seeing it.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I agree with that grilled cheese poster and am also annoyed that every mixed drink with vodka in it is called a “martini” now.

But I’m much older, so have earned the right to start being curmudgeony.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
vermoudgeon

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I've only actually gotten a couple opportunities for username jokes, mostly in the schadenfreude thread when people get wrecked while taking pictures of moose from way too close.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I still haven't forgiven you for biting my sister.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BonHair posted:

Why is goatse an nft scam now? This is truly the worst timeline. Especially since I am feeling nostalgic for a stretched out anus.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Marcade posted:

I still haven't forgiven you for biting my sister.

I thought that was a møøse?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Oh, you're right. I'm very sorry about the mistaken identity.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'd like to state for the record that I've had this username since before Reddit existed and it's a reference to a college professor referring to the president at the time as "George W Barbecue."

I should probably change it since I've lost that battle.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EorayMel posted:

:cop: Internetz police :cop:

Helluva username from the reply guy.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Helluva username from the reply guy.

Better than getting cum on your ants rag I guess

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Robobot posted:

I agree with that grilled cheese poster and am also annoyed that every mixed drink with vodka in it is called a “martini” now.

But I’m much older, so have earned the right to start being curmudgeony.

I have some terrible news for you. That trend peaked around 20 years ago.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kenning posted:

I have some terrible news for you. That trend peaked around 20 years ago.

Being old and curmudgeonly? poo poo

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I just like tea, ok?!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A Moose posted:

I've only actually gotten a couple opportunities for username jokes, mostly in the schadenfreude thread when people get wrecked while taking pictures of moose from way too close.

Going to change my username to "the" and show up after every single post going yes hello

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
It'd be less tiring than your current schtick.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

some plague rats posted:

Going to change my username to "the" and show up after every single post going yes hello

Someone trying to be a front page article, I see.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

Someone trying to be a front page article, I see.

That will never be a possibility again

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if i took part in username jokes on this forum i'd never get anything else done :smuggo:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

some plague rats posted:

That will never be a possibility again

Some goons are born frontpagers, some achieve frontpageness, and some have frontpageness thrust upon them.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

if i took part in username jokes on this forum i'd never get anything else done :smuggo:

lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Every time people start talking about Facebook I get my hopes up. :(

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm just waiting for the day when the conversation veers to discussing a specific Unicode subset and I can make my move.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hey dudes what's your favourite novelty font?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

WEBDINGS!

e: poo poo

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Comic
https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/hvdfonts/hvd-comic-serif-pro/

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yep that was solid

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sebmojo posted:

Yep that was solid

You should keep an eye out for people calling you Seb, so you can rush in and post "Crikey! I've lost my mojo!"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

nice

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

kalel posted:

obviously the car is there in the year 2550-whatever because it's the toughest and best-engineered vehicle in its class. a top-of-the-line full-size SUV like the 2021 Chevy Tahoe, with its expert balance of human-first engineering and first-class comfort, is designed with reliability and durability in mind, so there's no reason to believe they wouldn't still be around five hundred years after their manufacture. plus, with its improved cabin space and better handling over previous models, the 2021 Chevy Tahoe has everything you need to outrun a fanatical hostile alien force hell-bent on your destruction. when an elite plunges an energy sword through your gut and spills your viscera over the ground in the name of his religious leaders, worry not for your 2021 Chevy Tahoe, since 3m Scotchgard paint protect pro comes standard with every Chevrolet model. and you can bet the 2021 Chevy Tahoe won't have a scratch on it while Covenant forces glass your planet. bigger, better, bolder, chevrolet

(re: the Chevy Tahoe showing up in a trailer for the Halo series, in case the tweet goes away)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LifeSunDeath posted:

loving Arby's is probably licking its chops waiting to move into all the old mcdonalds buildings.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Arby's and Papa Johns are going to own Russia after this.

Droogie posted:

Putin just after that horsey sauce

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I know I'm pontifically late to the derail, but sometimes there are chances at user name comedy for me, especially when Byzantium and I are posting in the same threads. For those who'd like to know: indeed there has been a Pope Hilarius I.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Inspect Your Gadgets › too bad i can't get my 10 dollars back for joining this awful site

mondoman posted:

thanks for making a guy feel so welcome on your forum you mod losers. and a genuine thanks to the couple guys who weren't dicks. i guess if anyone wants a laugh my post is locked in comedy gas section now. after waiting 4 years to post something it's nice to know it was worth it

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Hahahaha okay that's a really good one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
comedy gas section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Fuckstick posted:

My little hand cranker receives short wave, but all I get is people screaming about Jesus in English and Spanish

talking about shortwave radios; without that context, though?