Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Who cares it's not like you actually will play any of them anyway, right?

RIGHT??? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'd never dream of playing the copy of Mass Effect Legendary my friend didn't want from their Humble Choice.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
This one time I got a free game, installed it, ran it, set up all of the video options and keybinds, then immediately exited and uninstalled it without hitting "start campaign".

I view this as analogous to the creation and destruction of a Sand Mandala.

It's called Gamer Culture, sweaty, you probably wouldn't understand.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
not buying it. i find it unrealistic that there's anyone resting-state sweaty who wouldn't understand gamer culture.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Not buying it is what this thread is all about.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd never dream of playing the copy of Mass Effect Legendary my friend didn't want from their Humble Choice.

Oh that brings up a good point:

What about gifts?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"gift" is German for "poison"

makes c think

Dancer
May 23, 2011
A German couple wanted to name their child "Gift" because of the English meaning of the word.

Thankfully a court blocked it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I also enjoy staring at all those downloaded free game’s icons on my desktop and never touch them.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Nyaa posted:

I also enjoy staring at all those downloaded free game’s icons on my desktop and never touch them.

You have icons on your desktop? Ewww.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

You have icons on your desktop? Ewww.

:getin:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dancer posted:

A German couple wanted to name their child "Gift" because of the English meaning of the word.

Thankfully a court blocked it.

It's so wild to me that other countries have laws about what you can name your child. Like, in America there's nothing to stop a couple from literally naming their child "Poison" and I think that's fine.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

It's so wild to me that other countries have laws about what you can name your child. Like, in America there's nothing to stop a couple from literally naming their child "Poison" and I think that's fine.

https://www.usbirthcertificates.com/articles/illegal-baby-names#examples-of-illegal-baby-names-in-the-us

I can't verify the source, but you can start educating yourself here

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Skwirl posted:

I mean, Poison's been a legit name anyways since 1989

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Linda is banned in Saudi Arabia?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I've definitely met at least one person who named their kid King

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So this strikes me as a list that is reactive rather than proactive, so someone had to attempt this before some court put its foot down. I would like to meet them.

quote:

BRFXXCCXXMNPCCCCLLLMMNPRXVCLMNCKSSQLBB11116 (Sweden)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

McGavin posted:

Linda is banned in Saudi Arabia?

I'm guessing it's like in Iceland where they require names that fit in their culture.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

So this strikes me as a list that is reactive rather than proactive, so someone had to attempt this before some court put its foot down. I would like to meet them.

Someone was trying to get Grimes' and Musk's baby to have a friend.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine

991 games that you are allowed to play, because they each cost a little over a penny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Highlights include 2064:Read Only Memories, Celeste, Minit, Zeroranger, Wandersong, CrossCode, Towerfall Ascension, Skatebird, SUPERHOT, and Baba Is You

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

El Fideo posted:

991 games that you are allowed to play, because they each cost a little over a penny.

Gotta be careful with these. They don't let you mass opt-out of emails.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

El Fideo posted:

Something tells me i'm about to get a bunch of doubles from previous bundles but hey what you gonna do

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

El Fideo posted:

Currently updating the thread here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926987&pagenumber=27#lastpost

These bundles always draw out some fantastic posters that make effort posts highlighting games I would have missed

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

leper khan posted:

Gotta be careful with these. They don't let you mass opt-out of emails.

Not sure what you're talking about here. I bought the itch.io racial justice and palestine bundles and as far as I know haven't received a single email as a result.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Breadallelogram posted:

Not sure what you're talking about here. I bought the itch.io racial justice and palestine bundles and as far as I know haven't received a single email as a result.

Every creator in that bundle can and does email you. You just have it filtered.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i've only gotten emails from the games I actually downloaded and mostly they were automatic notifications about a new update

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i've only gotten emails from the games I actually downloaded and mostly they were automatic notifications about a new update

Yes, you have to 'claim' a game to your account for this to happen, so if you used the tampermonkey script that dumps all 1000 items to your account, well.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I got Madden 22 for Origin which I have no interest in. If anyone else wants it, feel free.

HBH9-LRBQ-7KJJ-D2VU-ZQGE

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Cities: Skylines is free on EGS this week

In Sound Mind next week

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I keep hearing really, really good things about In Sound Mind but it doesn't look like my poo poo so I never pulled the trigger on it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You better do it before next week if you want to play it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

repiv posted:

Cities: Skylines is free on EGS this week

In Sound Mind next week

Good game, but it's one of those that has 'taking the piss' levels of DLC and I refuse to pay for it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Parents shouldn't be able to name kids at all. What gives them the right to inflict their stupidity on you?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Parents shouldn't be able to name kids at all. What gives them the right to inflict their stupidity on you?

Says the person who chose to name themselves "3D Megadoodoo".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

McGavin posted:

Says the person who chose to name themselves "3D Megadoodoo".

I named myself after the bassline in this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-K_fLHDsc0&t=11s

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
and not the infamous news blooper? WHAT

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bottom Liner posted:

and not the infamous news blooper? WHAT

Speaking as someone who has used this handle since long before The Waterboy came out, I feel his pain.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
In Sound Mind is up on Epic, next week is DEMON'S TILT, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

ZombieApostate posted:

In Sound Mind is up on Epic, next week is DEMON'S TILT, apparently.

For context, In Sound Mind is a first person shooter/haunted house from the creators of one of the more notable Source mod haunted houses, Nightmare House. I haven't seen a ton of it, but it seems to be good at what it is. (ie, Source Engine haunted house/horror).

Demon's Tilt is exactly what it looks like. An occult-themed pinball game. It's cool, make sure you grab it next week.