Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gravitee posted:

Which one and what did they have different?

Bloomfield Hills, they had the Pendleton outdoor blankets for one, also had Kirkland mini chocolate chip cookies in the big bag, had more gardening and outdoor supplies, more selection for pet stuff. It's also arranged differently so I may have missed some stuff, but it had everything Madison Heights usually has and more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a sexual elk posted:

Ordered some 505 cause of this thread. Got regular medium and holy poo poo it’s bland, I mean textures ok but hell. Is the garlic lime better?

Might just juice up some jalapeños/garlic/lime/cumin and add it in

I had the same response. I was really excited due to the hype it got in this thread but I was pretty underwhelmed.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's just jarred mild green chilies. An excellent ingredient but nothing you couldn't do at home if you wanted to grow, harvest, wash, cut, deseed, prep, roast, skin, and can yourself.

I measure 505 in "glugs" from the jar added to whatever I was making that needs mild chilies and a ton of moisture.

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

BadSamaritan posted:

Every time I got to Costco an employee tries to upgrade my membership while I wait in line, citing how much stuff I have in my cart.

Yup, yup, I know guys.

I got suckered into buying the "executive" membership, it's only really worth it if you have the Costco credit card imo. And of course if you go regularly

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I had the same response. I was really excited due to the hype it got in this thread but I was pretty underwhelmed.

I tried a small jar of it a while back and wasn't too impressed. I think that the costco brand of salsa is way better.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

no_tears posted:

I got suckered into buying the "executive" membership, it's only really worth it if you have the Costco credit card imo. And of course if you go regularly

I already have the executive membership because it’s worth it for me with all these groceries and diapers

:negative:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

no_tears posted:

Yep. I think I got it for a year and didn't come anywhere close to it being beneficial. I went back down to my regular membership.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

no_tears posted:

yeah you would have to spend $500 a month to break even, but its between 2 people and a dog and sometimes i buy things for other peeps

then again, baby soon so...

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 17, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I got suckered into getting handed a check for more than a hundred dollars without the credit card oh no

Also the 505 green chilies they sell at Costco isn't salsa. You could make it a salsa with some significant additions but it's literally just preserved peppers in a jar. Don't buy it if you're looking to buy salsa (that's Spanish for sauce)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

yeah you would have to spend $500 a month to break even

Huh? It's $250/mo to break even so that your extra $60 in membership fees gets you a $60 reward check.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
add some pace picante to your 505 and welcome to flavortown :twisted:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

IOwnCalculus posted:

Huh? It's $250/mo to break even so that your extra $60 in membership fees gets you a $60 reward check.
i was just literally gonna correct my post but you beat me to it :tipshat:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I don't pay for my executive membership, but if I did, I spend enough for it to be worth it as a single guy who lives alone. But I'm also at Costco way more than the average person and I'm always tempted to buy new poo poo they get in when I see it.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

green chiles aren’t a good salsa, they are meant to be used as an ingredient

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I used it as a topping for eggs and enchiladas.

There is WAY too much liquid in it. You'd have to take that into consideration if you're using it as an ingredient.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

sauce is boss

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

McGurk posted:

green chiles aren’t a good salsa, they are meant to be used as an ingredient

The regular green stuff Costco sells is just chiles and limes, so yeah if you're expecting it to be a traditional American salsa you'll be sadly mistaken.

The 505 stuff is fine for what it is, but usually if I want chiles I just chop one up, since fresh is always better IMO.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Added a splash of 505 to both meals today. Added about 1 glug to an air fried tuna steak then added 2 glugs to a mess of rice noodles.

It's basically a perfect sauce for anything.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

It's great as a chile verdeish base in the instant pot. Few glugs on a spice rubbed pork shoulder and you're in business.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
My family just finished off that six pack of little carrot cakes. They're good! They don't present themselves as a muffin that looks a little cake like; Sure it's in a muffin wrapper, but it's got a flat top and about an inch of pretty good cream cheese frosting. The carrot cake itself has both walnuts and raisins.

I don't think I could eat a whole one if I tried, but I enjoyed splitting one after dinner a few nights this week.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

numberoneposter posted:

then again, baby soon so...

If u need postpartum/baby/toddler costco shopping recommendations, I got them 4u. No joke, the kirkland wipes are primo.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I tried the ham and cheese pastries. They're alright, but not amazing. I probably won't buy them again.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Hammock chair is good tho

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I tuck a few 505 chilis under my foreskin for a little afternoon pick me up.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
How do you deal with the excess moisture?

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

Soul Dentist posted:

I got suckered into getting handed a check for more than a hundred dollars without the credit card oh no

Proud of you, son. Keep up the great work.

Go buy some nice 505 green chilis and enjoy the sweet sweet salsa (Spanish for sauce)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

its all nice on rice posted:

How do you deal with the excess moisture?

It does tend to soak through my pants. I just tell people it’s urine.

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yep. I think I got it for a year and didn't come anywhere close to it being beneficial. I went back down to my regular membership.

Did they plea with you that you NEED to keep your executive membership otherwise Kirkland would find you?

numberoneposter posted:

sometimes i buy things for other peeps

That’s what we told ourselves too, but so far it’s only happened a handful of times. Laaaame

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

no_tears posted:

Did they plea with you that you NEED to keep your executive membership otherwise Kirkland would find you?

As far as I remember they weren't too pushy. Kind of like "Are you sssuuuuurrrreeeee?" That was it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

no_tears posted:

That’s what we told ourselves too, but so far it’s only happened a handful of times. Laaaame
I'm Canada the parmesan cheese is like 1/5 the price elsewhere. So I have one woman hooked. I bet I could pick up steaks for my friend. All while earning 4%... Just got approved for the new CIBC Costco Mastercard (Costco warehouse only takes mastercard). It's not as good as the US Visa it looks like, but its not bad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A woman who doctors thought had a UTI actually had a glass tumbler stuck in her bladder for four years.

The 45-year-old had come to the hospital complaining of typical lower UTI (urinary tract infection) symptoms, such as leaking.

But doctors were left stunned when scans revealed there was a glass inside her bladder.

It was encased by an 8cm-wide (3-inch-wide) bladder stone, which are normally so small they are hard to see with the naked eye.

The woman, from Tunisia, revealed she had used the drinking glass as a sex toy a number of years before.

Evidently, she had inserted it into the urethra — the hole from which females urinate — rather than the vagina.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Also the 505 green chilies they sell at Costco isn't salsa.

that's literally what it is

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

BadSamaritan posted:

If u need postpartum/baby/toddler costco shopping recommendations, I got them 4u. No joke, the kirkland wipes are primo.

Amen to that. We ran out in between Costco trips and my wife bought some Huggies brand wipes and some just rip in half when you're pulling them out. Costco wipes have never let me down like that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

quote:

Your Citi Double Cash Card will earn ThankYou® Points.
You'll earn 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases, and 1 point for every $1 paid on those purchases. Here's what that means for you:

More Redemption Options
You'll still have the option to redeem for cash, but ThankYou® Points also give you other redemption options. Redeem points for gift cards from leading retailers, use them to Shop with Points at Amazon.com, book flights and hotels, and much more. Redemption values vary depending on how you choose to redeem your ThankYou® Points.

No More $25 Minimums
We're eliminating the $25 minimum for direct deposits and statement credits. You'll be free to redeem ThankYou® Points for a direct deposit or statement credit with as little as 1 point.

No Limit
You'll enjoy no limit on the amount of ThankYou® Points you can earn.

No Expirations
Your ThankYou® Points won't expire as long as your account is open.

No Annual Fee
The Citi Double Cash Card has never had an annual fee, and we're keeping it that way.

So what's this poo poo all about?

edit: Wrong credit card!

PBUC

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 18, 2022

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Maybe you meant to post this in a different thread?

The DoubleCash card is no longer giving you cash back—it is giving you points. Currently the points have the same value as cash back, but in the future they may be devalued.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Can someone just tell me the good credit card to use

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Can someone just tell me the good credit card to use

Costco signature Visa card.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Something tells me it's probably not an official marketing image, but at least I have someone to aspire to be now.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

binge crotching posted:

Something tells me it's probably not an official marketing image, but at least I have someone to aspire to be now.

If you aren't crop dusting past the slow walkers and people who can't keep track of their kids you aren't Costco-ing correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

numberoneposter posted:

I'm Canada the parmesan cheese is like 1/5 the price elsewhere. So I have one woman hooked. I bet I could pick up steaks for my friend. All while earning 4%... Just got approved for the new CIBC Costco Mastercard (Costco warehouse only takes mastercard). It's not as good as the US Visa it looks like, but its not bad.

Congrats on the approval!! So interesting that they aren’t using a universal card issuer, but I guess it all depends on whatever deals Visa/Mastercard are giving at the time to Costco corporate. When my fiancée and I were driving through Canada last year we wanted to stop by Costco in Edmonton to break up the trip, but neither of us had a Mastercard handy.