Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Rea posted:

Also helps prevent weird expression frames, like MegaMan Battle Network LPs used to get a lot of.

Alternately, if you prefer, you can do all the weird expression frames this way. :haw:

Quackles fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

PurpleXVI posted:

Oh my loving God.

I've... I've been uploading them all and then going to the LPix gallery, and then painstakingly going right-click, copy link to, ctrl+v in the post for every single image.

Oh my God. Oh my loving God. I COULD JUST HAVE BEEN DOING THIS ALL ALONG?!

Someone shoot me.

I could've been done with Sandrah Saga so much sooner.... :negative:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I've been doing the "go to history and select the things I want" method for my current lp, however when I upload them not everything is 1:1, so randomly lpix assigns say, the images are assigned 4201033, 4201034, and 4201035, etc, etc. when I'm uploading image8, image9, image10,etc

Now usually 4201033 would be going with image8 and so on, but sometimes image 10 skips ahead. Anyone have a way around that?

I currently copy the list of uploads into a spreadsheet, delimit by "/", sort by image number then dump that into notepad++, cntl-f replace every tab with / and that's the workflow. Not bad but dumb.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

I've been doing the "go to history and select the things I want" method for my current lp, however when I upload them not everything is 1:1, so randomly lpix assigns say, the images are assigned 4201033, 4201034, and 4201035, etc, etc. when I'm uploading image8, image9, image10,etc

Now usually 4201033 would be going with image8 and so on, but sometimes image 10 skips ahead. Anyone have a way around that?

I currently copy the list of uploads into a spreadsheet, delimit by "/", sort by image number then dump that into notepad++, cntl-f replace every tab with / and that's the workflow. Not bad but dumb.

Yes. Ban anyone besides you from using LPix.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

FeyerbrandX posted:

I've found ShareX does this sometimes if you do parallel uploads. Try setting the simultaneous upload limit to 1. Batches will take longer but hey.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i like doing it manually because its also how i check for typos or character dialogue boxes i might've missed :v: (I also have all the dialogue portraits pre-uploaded and in their own document with URLs for easy copy/pasting so usually I don't miss anything lol)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rosalie_A posted:

Yes. Ban anyone besides you from using LPix.

Oh no you don't, no getting offa this train you're on, or the other train you're on.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mix. posted:

i like doing it manually because its also how i check for typos or character dialogue boxes i might've missed :v: (I also have all the dialogue portraits pre-uploaded and in their own document with URLs for easy copy/pasting so usually I don't miss anything lol)

Friend, someone should really introduce you to FaceCopy

(I also used the "word doc fulla portrait image URLs" method for the entirety of the original P5 LP)

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Seconding FaceCopy. Back when I started my LP, I cropped and uploaded every single frame for each sprite (totaling somewhere around 300-400 sprite heads, i'd estimate). FaceCopy is basically how I keep track of which frame-crop is used for which expression. Just clicking a picture to get its URL is quick enough that it lets me insert the heads while I'm taking screenshots, too. Expedites the process and lets me adjust screenshot/portrait ratios on the fly.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Arist posted:

Friend, someone should really introduce you to FaceCopy
What does it do?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it lets you copy faces

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
Well, I usually write first then upload pictures while posting links.
It's not quite tedious as when I'm adding links to my draft another bunch of the pictures are being uploaded as well.

...well, but I used to use the far less efficient method of...pasting and uploading them one by one...that old method also made half of the image size of my previous LP pretty awkward didn't know pasted pics from Microsoft Word will have the size adjusted to the page.
It's not until recent that I had a much more convenient method of holding those hundreds of pictures.
And my recent problem is my nice image host allows only 200 pictures per day which makes me have to split the uploading of one chapter into 2 days.

I have 10+ updates in stock now and it makes me somehow nervous. like I always wanted to post them earlier than scheduled...how can I rid myself of this feeling?
Gosh, LP really ruined my life.

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 17, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Eldsluft posted:

I have 10+ updates in stock now and it makes me somehow nervous. like I always wanted to post them earlier than scheduled...how can I rid myself of this feeling?

Either accept that it’s fine to have a stash of ready updates to go with, or have more robust thread participation that forces the recordings to happen as you go so that preparation becomes impossible.

I really recommend the former, plenty of places do it without any issue—usually webcomics and the like.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Eldsluft posted:

Look at it this way: At least if anything happens that forces you to stop writing for a while, you already have a backlog on hand so you don't have to stop the thread.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Here I am, wishing I had more of an update reserve. Unfortunately, things just really know how to line up to not make that easy for me sometimes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hahahaha. Update reserve. Hahahaha.

I almost never hold back an update, I finish that poo poo and immediately post it. I barely even look it over first. :v:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Arist posted:

I almost never hold back an update, I finish that poo poo and immediately post it. I barely even look it over first. :v:

:emptyquote:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Arist posted:

Same, but that's partially because nothing is more annoying than getting a late vote coming in on your thread vote just when you finished an update and that requires rewriting a chunk.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What the hell is a "backlog"

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Same, but that's partially because nothing is more annoying than getting a late vote coming in on your thread vote just when you finished an update and that requires rewriting a chunk.

This is probably a stupid question, but couldn't you post "polls closed peeps, gonna post an update soon" before playing and writing your update?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Some sort of cryptid, no one sober or sane has ever seen one, I say as I myself have had an update or two in the pocket and ask you to draw your own conclusions between these statements.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

I heard it attracts the LP curse as well - the more content you have created but not posted, the greater the attraction!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

That explains your Breaking Chrono Trigger thing only having 3 updates

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Rappaport posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but couldn't you post "polls closed peeps, gonna post an update soon" before playing and writing your update?

not a stupid question. many people do that.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Rappaport posted:

I could but I can't be arsed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I mean it's usually a simple matter. You include a firm deadline for when the poll closes with the poll and if people try to vote or make suggestions after that then they're poo poo out of luck.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean it's usually a simple matter. You include a firm deadline for when the poll closes with the poll and if people try to vote or make suggestions after that then they're poo poo out of luck.

And then if the vote comes down on the wrong side you go: "it's pretty close! so I'll leave it open for another X hours!"

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Or you just don't tell anyone when you're closing the poll and go with it at some point when it has results you're at least somewhat happy with.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Make the poll results private then pretend you got whatever result you wanted

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kheldarn posted:

That explains your Breaking Chrono Trigger thing only having 3 updates

Still not the shortest LP project I've done!

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
Do we have method to configure a hotkey for ShareX to, say copy the bbcode link of one pic?
Or you can only right click - copy bbcode?

Edit: Found out link can be quickly edited into bbcode with notpad++.

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 20, 2022

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Which button do you press?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

joke is on you, I do a linear game with no backlog :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Leal posted:

First one, then the other, apparently.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I went with the latter, because I wasn't gonna have a backlog anyways, we can all see where that got me. I should get back to Wild Arms someday.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Leal posted:

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
What happened if your LP is so obscure/unpopular that no one put a vote?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Lie and pretend you got some offsite votes, then do what you want anyways :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Commander Keene posted:

Lie and pretend you got some offsite votes, then do what you want anyways :v:

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hm, for my LP, I can be bribed to shift the vote outcome in your favour.