Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
https://i.imgur.com/Z0Y2Gql.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
But cometh thee not for the grave of Sir Artorias?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

But cometh thee not for the grave of Sir Artorias?

Yes yes, let me join to kill a NPC for the ninja flip ring.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I want you to know I really appreciate this. it took me a moment.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Ya know, I've been thinking about the british food derail, and I'm not happy. I have questions. British apologists keep blaming their bad food on rationing, from the war and stuff. But like didn't the French and Italians have the same war? They were invaded too my dude. Bombed flat, armies marching all around, all that jazz.

And they ate like kings the entire time. Everybody loves French and Italian food. Nobody likes british food.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Brewmaster posted:

Ya know, I've been thinking about the british food derail, and I'm not happy. I have questions. British apologists keep blaming their bad food on rationing, from the war and stuff. But like didn't the French and Italians have the same war? They were invaded too my dude. Bombed flat, armies marching all around, all that jazz.

And they ate like kings the entire time. Everybody loves French and Italian food. Nobody likes british food.

please

no

you're destroying our family

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Show me a great British chef and I’ll show you somebody who went to French culinary school

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
oh no. there's a French proverb that goes something like "with the skin off, you can't tell a rabbit from a cat."

the other languages also have versions of this, though

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

I was reading this thread in my car and I looked over at the stick shift and I'm like "hmm yes that is a strange drive letter"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ziv Zulander posted:

Show me a great British chef and I’ll show you somebody who went to French culinary school

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Brewmaster posted:

It's all appologia all the way down without a shred of logic or reality.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Brewmaster posted:

Good food doesn't really grow in Britain, but it does in France and Italy.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Beautiful art doesn't really occur "naturally" in Britain but y'all sure as gently caress have plenty of it in your museums.

Figure it out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

At least spell his name right for god’s sake

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

lmao what's this all about

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

Weird nerd poo poo

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Backweb posted:

I want you to know I really appreciate this. it took me a moment.

I got it immediately and it was :vince:

The best snipe I’ve ever seen

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mister Speaker posted:

Zephram Cochrane is the guy (played by James Cromwell) who invents FTL travel in Star Trek.

And then there's this guy Einstein IRL who says, no you can't. Maybe that? :shrug:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Tenkaris posted:

I got it immediately and it was :vince:

The best snipe I’ve ever seen

Ok I'll bite, what is it you're seeing besides a fish

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Brewmaster posted:

Beautiful art doesn't really occur "naturally" in Britain but y'all sure as gently caress have plenty of it in your museums.

Figure it out.

And another thing! Pronouncing Z as "Zed" means your alphabet song doesn't even rhyme, you weirdos.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Zephram Cochrane is the guy (played by James Cromwell) who invents FTL travel in Star Trek.

I'm aware of the Trek timeline. First Contact is an excellent movie, one of maybe two in the original Trek timeline that you can actually show to non-trekkies and not have them completely tune out. Just figured there was some context to the meme that wasn't "physics forbids this."

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah
fish = page number

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm aware of the Trek timeline. First Contact is an excellent movie, one of maybe two in the original Trek timeline that you can actually show to non-trekkies and not have them completely tune out. Just figured there was some context to the meme that wasn't "physics forbids this."

The context is I saw it on Twitter and it amused me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

rydiafan posted:

And another thing! Pronouncing Z as "Zed" means your alphabet song doesn't even rhyme, you weirdos.

Not if you pronounce V as "Ved", *taps forehead*

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

rydiafan posted:

I've heard some versions of the alphabet shoehorn in "zed-or-zee" at the end.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

repiv posted:

IIRC the original goatse domain was revoked by the .cx registrar under their obscenity rules and put up for auction

Whoever bought it sold email addresses under the domain for a while and now they're doing crypto stuff

there is no fun allowed on christmas island

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

lmao

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

DyneAvenger posted:

fish = page number

Ah poo poo I wasn't even looking, nice

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

SimonSays posted:

Good food doesn't really grow in Britain, but it does in France and Italy.

I would think the British could do quite a lot with the potato.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I have a coworker who mapped a network share as the B: drive and it drives me insane. That shouldn't work!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Knormal posted:

I have a coworker who mapped a network share as the B: drive and it drives me insane. That shouldn't work!

I just used a program that mounted to A: to make system changes.

At least it's not going to be in use :cheers:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Mister Speaker posted:

It's in response to this

https://twitter.com/fellawhomstdve/status/1504534814095032323

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I loving loathe whichever idiot writer name-dropped that complete poo poo not once but twice so far in Discovery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Every time I bring up that modern Star Trek sucks poo poo out of a butt for reasons entirely unrelated to the old Trek I get so much hate but like... it does. It sucks poo poo from a butt. If you like it, you like poo poo sucked out of a butt. I don't know what to tell you to take the sting out of the realization that you've been eating butt poo poo. But it's poo poo. poo poo from a butt.