Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brutal Garcon posted:

I was weirdly fond of the Fate/Zero spinoff where the kid wizard had grown up to be a wizard professor who was also a detective.

He investigated mysteries, and none of them made any sense because everyone involved was a wizard.

Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files

I ended up really enjoying that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's weird to me that Netflix is distributing Tiger and Bunny season 2 and also has the original season on the platform, but they never bothered to get the second movie.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Is that more or less weird than them having the two new Detective Conan spinoffs but none of the movies or the actual TV series?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

It's weird to me that Netflix is distributing Tiger and Bunny season 2 and also has the original season on the platform, but they never bothered to get the second movie.

https://twitter.com/whatonnetflix/status/1504456079559774211?s=20&t=3gfUZkggC7Hhsb7JRhUp7w

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm watching the jujutsu kaisen movie tonight. If it's good you'll be able to hear me hootin and hollerin across the globe.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao anyone want stock tips

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

For anyone who hasn't watched the T&B movies before, The Beginning is a recap of the first couple episodes with a small original story that happens about the same time and is fine but skippable. The Rising takes place after the series and is really good, giving Fire Emblem some needed focus and setting up a bit of where the second season starts from.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Arist posted:

Lmao anyone want stock tips

Bruh let's raid wallstreet

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I'm watching the jujutsu kaisen movie tonight. If it's good you'll be able to hear me hootin and hollerin across the globe.

godspeed, gamer

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've only seen one episode of jujutsu kaisen but that won't stop me from hitting up that movie this weekend and havin' a good time

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

For anyone who hasn't watched the T&B movies before, The Beginning is a recap of the first couple episodes with a small original story that happens about the same time and is fine but skippable. The Rising takes place after the series and is really good, giving Fire Emblem some needed focus and setting up a bit of where the second season starts from.

the beginning sucks yeah

Srice posted:

I've only seen one episode of jujutsu kaisen but that won't stop me from hitting up that movie this weekend and havin' a good time

well it is a prequel

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, Fire Emblem's in Tiger & Bunny? Which sword era is it, Falchion, Ragnell, Parallel Falchion? If it's Yato then never mind, I'm not watching a drat minute of it.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

Bruh let's raid wallstreet

netflix stock has cratered since fall of last year but it might be recovering now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

real talk netflix is doomed their original programming is nowhere near good enough to cope with the fact that all the other streaming services have canibalized the licensed stuff they used to be big on

marumaru
May 20, 2013

All the exodus of shows from Netflix into their own services has done is made me cancel Netflix. I'm not paying for 15 different subscription services.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

was listening to Akira Senju OST's and stumbled on his gorgeous work for The Snow Queen so I got curious, and hey, this '05 Osamu Dezaki adaptation of the Hans Christian Anderson story is p good! Gotta love how Dezaki would deploy big distracting CG for the express purpose of being showy and distracting.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1504487980190208006?s=20&t=_WkJOzOfnwpup3lyfU14xQ

okay.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Watching Tiger & Bunny episode 1 and man, they really did wanna get this on western TV. Translated the opening credits and everything.

E: Holy poo poo this show is so old, Sky High is sponsored by fuckin' Ustream

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Watching Tiger & Bunny episode 1 and man, they really did wanna get this on western TV. Translated the opening credits and everything.

E: Holy poo poo this show is so old, Sky High is sponsored by fuckin' Ustream

translated credits is pretty standard for us bluray releases of any anime, no?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't remember if it was as common back in 2011.

E: Anyway, the first 10 minutes of Tiger & Bunny is probably one of the best introductions to an anime series I've ever seen.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 17, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

watching it in 2022 it just shocks me how my memory glossed over it looking pretty average

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Netflix is 100% gonna need to do some changes to adapt to the way streaming is growing (like dropping the release everything at once method as that means you need lots of content) but while they'll probably shrink they won't die unless they do some major mistakes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm realizing that I'm 3 years younger than Kotetsu

He's not that old, dammit!

E: Pfft, yeah, I think I remember these translated credits. They didn't wanna do a separate sequence for each episode so they just threw in literally every VA for that half of the series

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 17, 2022

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
T&B is Good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

netflix execs wanting to win some oscars has resulted in most of the worthwhile non-anime productions on the service these days so heck, I hope they keep giving good directors money

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

another thing that's easy to forget about tiger and bunny, awful themes across the board

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Netflix should focus on making good originals and not bad ones. Also they should license more Fuji TV or whoever made Atelier and Good Morning Call because I loved those lol.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finished kid icarus uprising

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The Colonel posted:

How did you enjoy killing hades with the power of god and anime?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Larry Parrish posted:

Netflix should focus on making good originals and not bad ones.

Bright 2 coming your way

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

bridgerton anime when

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Are your hands okay?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Bright 2 coming your way

I mean, they're making that anime that's literally just the movie but samurais.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

RareAcumen posted:

Are your hands okay?

i emulated and used a dualsense touch pad to simulate the touch screen input so they're fine

it's a little awkward to get used to and you have to hold the gamepad at an odd angle but i went throuhg the last six levels of the game in one big marathon and it didn't feel so bad

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 18, 2022

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Give me the sequel to Uprising

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

Give me the sequel to Uprising

Or at least an Uprising port/remake with a better control scheme

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Going to watch this because I like grunge and shoegaze and am incapable of learning from the viewing mistakes of the past.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the opening shots of the jjk movie are powerlines + shinji's va apologizing, therefore it's actually an unofficial evangelion sequel.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
im not sure you could actually change uprising's control scheme cause the touch screen aiming is pretty ingrained into how it plays. only change i could see working is like. a mouse aim hack. but it'd be harder to do one for uprising than like, metroid prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
the better control scheme is one that's playable for lefthanded people