Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grandmother picking up the David storyline from Alien Covenant and running with it into season 3 is some :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

The Mithraic holy Trinity is a bit odd, but I'm down with it.

Fun, batshit episode and hopefully we get Raised By Wolves 3 sometime in 2025 with Grandfather Campion.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Father using Blue Steel, the only known weapon against Sol.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if Grandmother could get Elden Ring to rin at a decent framerate on that pc

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
That was the most :magical::stonk::whoptc::suspense: season finale I’ve seen in a while. Jesus.

There better be a season 3. I need answers.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

jiffynuts posted:

That was the most :magical::stonk::whoptc::suspense: season finale I’ve seen in a while. Jesus.

There better be a season 3. I need answers.

answers to what? everything seems pretty clear right now

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, at least Sue came back. As a tree

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So since mother and the snake flew into orbit, in that moment, was the snake free of the entity’s control? It seemed to regain control of its senses and went to feed on mother instead of attacking her, but by then mother was wearing the veil and it was too late.

Anyway, the lady in the bts episode said we’ll have to wait til season 3 to find out what happens, which sounds like a binding guarantee to me.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

fart simpson posted:

answers to what? everything seems pretty clear right now

The big one is explaining the what/why of the Entity. The Desert Dodecahedron is still sitting there waiting to be used, along with the merman whirlpool. How stuff got to Earth is still a question (ie the relics like the helmet and the tooth, are these the first humans), and the cave paintings at the end of S1 that showed the events of S1 imply some sort of time travel and/or future sight (along with the orphan prophecy).

Maybe the big dino bones since they didn't look like snake. Maybe dark photons since the show kinda makes a big deal out of those although that isn't critical. Maybe an Earth episode showing the rise of Mithraics.

Anti-christ Markus will require a good... 20 minutes of an episode to resolve.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Zachack posted:

the cave paintings at the end of S1 that showed the events of S1 imply some sort of time travel and/or future sight (along with the orphan prophecy).

I've been thinking they're more of a manual that a prophecy. The entity is just manipulating events to fulfil its choices rather than anything else.

It's like when I decide what to have for dinner, go to the shops, buy the ingredients, come home and cook. If my tofu somehow happens to see my recipe book, it's not a timeloop, it's just a plan I thought through previously.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Also, what was the snake doing when it was over the water? It like shot it's mouth weapon thing into the water 3 times and then a whirlpool started up?

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Surely “better rise sol” after this finale.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ruddiger posted:

Anyway, the lady in the bts episode said we’ll have to wait til season 3 to find out what happens, which sounds like a binding guarantee to me.[/spoiler]

Or a desperate plea to the producers. Doesn’t seem like it will be back.

In any case upside down Marcus is my new religion.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Laughed pretty hard at the final scene there. Like sure, why not?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
this show is loving wack

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm impressed that as hosed up as this show is, it still ended on a loving wild note.

And definitely called the veil prison :colbert:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The veil thing at the end honestly surprised me. The tree bit surprised me even more!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Doctor Jeep posted:

wasn't odin hung on a tree upside down?

St. Peter was crucified upside down, but I don't know enough Christian history to know if that means something in terms of this show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m going to have to insist upon the production of a third season, so we can get more of The Adventures of Upside-Down Marcus and his Progressively More Acid Resistant Pals.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Maybe Marcus didn't turn upside down.... everything else did :aaa:

DrThief
Jan 6, 2001

Snake-baby dying was very sad - especially mother proclaiming that it was probably very intelligent.

The human-tree ritual we saw in the holograms was surprisingly brutal even for this show. Poor Sue.

Sol keeps clowning these humans and gets them to do his bidding.

Grandmother has predictably her own agenda. Can't wait for Father's revenge after he learns what she did to Mother.

That's a hell of a way to end a season though. Marcus reverse T-posing while his blood rains down. What the gently caress indeed.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Love this show so much. Please come back soon

Also the imagery with Mother as the cross/crucifixion being smacked over our head this episode makes the Marcus as inverted cross/crucifixion visual pretty blatant but it was so loving striking the way it was framed I can forgive them wanting to make sure everyone gets it.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

C'mon season three!

If cheesy and uncreative trash like Star Trek Discovery keeps getting renewed surely this is a shoe-in, right? :confused:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Why didn't Mother beast scream her way out of the hibernation tube or blast Grandmother in the face?

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
She didnt have her war-eyes in.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Monglo posted:

She didnt have her war-eyes in.

This reminded me of a question I had watching: Grandma’s eyes look like weaponized eyes, even if she doesn’t have the necromancer weapons. I wonder if there’s something there. This show really likes eyes.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Eyes are the window into the soul.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
But she carries her eyes on her. In fact this season it looked like as soon as she took her normal eyes out (without putting anything in) she had her necromancer powers. But yeah, grandmother said that the veil was concentrating on restricting her powers instead of her emotions.

She could at least have put her in a gaming basement instead of a jail cell, in vr.

Edit: also, while he was really far away, Campion looked directly at her when she used her powers harder then ever before, and he was fine as a result.

redreader fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 18, 2022

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Campion is part robot, he probably doesn’t need to look away.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

I absolutely loved when Mother punched through snake's eye and pulled out his tiny brain before commenting that he was probably very intelligent.

I look forward to a season 3 where Mother T-poses and Marcus anti-T poses and together they destroy the perfidious Grandmother.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

mother and marcus could technically do a flying 69

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I wonder if Marcus is actually still Marcus. Could the entity have taken over his body?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Nihonniboku posted:

I wonder if Marcus is actually still Marcus. Could the entity have taken over his body?

He's a new necromancer.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Open Source Idiom posted:

I've been thinking they're more of a manual that a prophecy. The entity is just manipulating events to fulfil its choices rather than anything else.

It's like when I decide what to have for dinner, go to the shops, buy the ingredients, come home and cook. If my tofu somehow happens to see my recipe book, it's not a timeloop, it's just a plan I thought through previously.

Ultimately prophecy and good predictive planning share a lot in common, it's just that in this case the manual (paintings) is observed by sentient tofu with specific necessary packaging (Paul) and the ingredient getting was performed by you sending a dog with a note to the grocery market 100 years ago (or hundreds of thousands) that said "protein" (whatever triggered the mithraics forming).

Also the recipe wasn't written down by you, but by an escaped hobo that broke into your kitchen.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol drat I thought they might try and wrap it up just in case SS3 isnt a thing but I could have not been more wrong.

Crossing my fingers we aren't just left hanging forever.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rappaport posted:

St. Peter was crucified upside down, but I don't know enough Christian history to know if that means something in terms of this show.

This is all from catholic school (15 years or so ago) so it's pretty muddled in my brain but I remember being taught that Peter was crucified upside as an act of humility, because he felt unworthy of being crucified the same way as Jesus.
Peter was also the first pope, so maybe this means Marcus is going to be AI pope or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015

veni veni veni posted:

Crossing my fingers we aren't just left hanging forever.

Praise Sol