Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Does anyone know what time the florida vs xavier game would be this weekend if Florida wins tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Unreasonably annoyed that Virginia is hosting an NIT game tonight because it is going to gently caress up parking for classes tonight. They’re the lower seed why are they here still.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Unreasonably annoyed that Virginia is hosting an NIT game tonight because it is going to gently caress up parking for classes tonight. They’re the lower seed why are they here still.

I had a friend ask if I wanted to drive down with him to go to the game. I'll pass on night-tripping from DC for a NIT game.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1504157561192390660

I hate to see it, but that's a great hire for Louisville and makes sense for KP.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Reminder of the ESPN men's tournament pick 'em. Group name is SAS Goons. Password is fuckduke.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

curried lamb of God posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but do any of you guys have any insight into how second round games are scheduled? *If* we get past UAB, a friend and I are considering driving from DC to Pittsburgh for Houston's second round game vs. Illinois/Chattanooga, but not if the tipoff is too late. Given that Illinois/Chattanooga tips at 6:50 and then Houston/UAB at 9:20, it's probably likely that we end up in a late slot, right?

I can't find any info on when the second round games will be played. If the NCAA has these times set, they haven't told anyone it seems. My guess is that these times aren't set until the end of games on Thursday.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Reminder of the ESPN men's tournament pick 'em. Group name is SAS Goons. Password is fuckduke.

Sure, why not :toot:

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Bird in a Blender posted:

I can't find any info on when the second round games will be played. If the NCAA has these times set, they haven't told anyone it seems. My guess is that these times aren't set until the end of games on Thursday.

Pretty sure that's how it works. Maybe certain venues already know if they'll have afternoon or evening games, but I don't think they pick the order of games until they know the matchups.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
news: rutgers, who never should've been in the tourney, lost to notre dame
views: gently caress off rutgers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was looking at the NIT tournament bracket and that kind of looks like an entertaining tournament but I will not remember to watch it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Lol at Kentucky

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/1504634844902567937?t=T22KMpm2pUc64hC5BIu3rw&s=19

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/wesths05/status/1504645345501982721

(The MTSU game also kept Kentucky from its first meeting with Louisville since 1959.)

e:
https://twitter.com/EliasSports/status/1504597119897907200

https://twitter.com/MikeOrganWriter/status/1504642709897818112

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 18, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
:smith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sorry, man. It was close. :smith:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/1503411440589357065

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Losing half your final four and your national champ on day one is impressive.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hell yeah Blue Raiders bitch

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
It's not the most painful loss, 92 Duke and 15 Wisconsin still hurt more, but that was by far the most embarrassing loss I've ever experienced. Anyone gloating is fully right to do so, I sure did the same thing when other 2 seeds lost, especially Duke.

First first-round exit since 2008, first loss to a double digit seed since 1982.

I have no idea what happened to this team after mid January. They just weren't the same after all the injuries. I mostly feel bad for Oscar, he played his rear end off last night and he deserved a better run than this.

In other news, Louisville is hiring Kenny Payne. Was one of Kentucky's best recruiters while he was here. How he works out as a head coach in games is yet to be seen, but looks like a good hire for them.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Biggest winner from yesterday I think is Kansas—even with the 1 seed I doubt anyone would have put this up among any vintage Jayhawk squads, but they got a 16 seed that was clearly exhausted on top of being overmatched, plus a Saturday matchup with an overseeded Creighton team that just also went through a draining overtime, was already down one starter, and just lost another one at least for the weekend. Even for the Sweet 16 the one team capable of playing up to a 1 (Iowa) got themselves knocked out.

I'm sure they'll find some sort of way to throw it all away but it should be very clear sailing to the regional final, maybe even the Final Four if Auburn fucks up somewhere in the lower half.

elentar fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 18, 2022

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Bleh, Florida hiring USF's Golden. I was hoping Mizzou could get him, but I guess momentum is moving towards Kim English....which I don't hate but also don't love.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Wait, Kim English again? Am I missing something?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

Wait, Kim English again? Am I missing something?

You're thinking of Kim Anderson. I can forgive you for forgetting since Kimmie was on the Tigers team that won the last Big XII conference tourney before they moved to the SEC.

the ncaa tournament was cancelled that year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mike_V posted:

Bleh, Florida hiring USF's Golden. I was hoping Mizzou could get him, but I guess momentum is moving towards Kim English....which I don't hate but also don't love.

Seems like an up and comer. I don’t know much about him. UF basketball twitter seems to think he’s just another Mike White but they’re famously lovely and entitled. Billy D was unknown too.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

Seems like an up and comer. I don’t know much about him. UF basketball twitter seems to think he’s just another Mike White but they’re famously lovely and entitled. Billy D was unknown too.

Man saying the fanbase is famously lovely and entitled is *fake news*.. Mike White had been just meh.

Did you listen to the latest In All Kinds Of Weather podcast talking about this exact thing... https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-all-kinds-of-weather-forecast/id1516513286

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue plays a pretty good game, wins comfortably. The main takeaway on a Purdue forum from people who are presumably old white boomers is that our walk-on play is unacceptable. :rolleyes:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

fyallm posted:

Man saying the fanbase is famously lovely and entitled is *fake news*.. Mike White had been just meh.

Did you listen to the latest In All Kinds Of Weather podcast talking about this exact thing... https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-all-kinds-of-weather-forecast/id1516513286
yeah we should all listen to a homer podcast about how the home fanbase is just peachy

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

elentar posted:

yeah we should all listen to a homer podcast about how the home fanbase is just peachy

It was mainly for Lee since I think he's a florida fan. At least a florida football fan

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

magic...no
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1505032040588009481?s=20&t=jpB8PjWoAYjD8IaCGZZevA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

fyallm posted:

It was mainly for Lee since I think he's a florida fan. At least a florida football fan

Yeah I’m a UF fan of all sports since childhood in the late 80s.

We’ve got some grumpy rear end fans. I know because I am one. And yeah white wasn’t good. UGA bailed us out.

I’m just saying I’m not sure if he’s good or our peeps are pissed we didn’t steal a top 5 coach from a top 5 program, since that seems to always be the expectation.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Mike_V posted:

turns out we're gonna wish it was kimmie (I always wanted kimmie)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Iowa State has both mens and womens teams in the 2nd round, which I thought would be rarer than it is. There’s like 10 other schools that have both into the next round.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Asleep Style posted:

turns out we're gonna wish it was kimmie (I always wanted kimmie)

God if they end up hiring Dennis Gates I'm gonna continue not caring about Mizzou basketball until 2028 when they hire someone new. More lovely, inefficient offense from the coach at a low major is not inspiring

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Found out my friend met muffet McGraw last fall at some Notre Dame event he got dragged to, said good job winning two titles during UConn's dynasty. She flipped out and walked away while saying "don't bring the rookie next time" to their mutual acquaintance

Eat poo poo Notre Dame

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Sean Miller is heading back to Xavier

https://twitter.com/clubtrillion/status/1505288462802382850

And Archie is rumored to be going to Rhode Island

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I’m a Sean Miller respecter so good for him.

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Sean Miller got a raw deal and I hope he makes the final four at Xavier.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Mental note, winning your conference tournament means nothing in the NCAA tournament. Let’s see, ACC, Big 10, and SEC winners are all out after the first weekend.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Mental note, winning your conference tournament means nothing in the NCAA tournament. Let’s see, ACC, Big 10, and SEC winners are all out after the first weekend.

Yeah that’s already been established with the seeding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Its impressive how bad Rick Barnes is at the NCAA tourney