Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

noseless man bad but also goddamn read another book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
lmao but also... well lmao

Viktor Krum is deffo in the international legion rn fighting the putin wizards.

lmao again at Harry Zelensker

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Mazerunner posted:

noseless man bad but also goddamn read another book

They couldn't even do The Witcher?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
It's been established that house elves can teleport pretty much anywhere, so why not have some teleport onto Voldemort's face and stab him through the eye sockets?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Presto posted:

It's been established that house elves can teleport pretty much anywhere, so why not have some teleport onto Voldemort's face and stab him through the eye sockets?

that would give the house elves Ideas

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Presto posted:

this is just a reformulated version of the knight bus problem, i.e. why does nobody just run voldemort over with the teleporting bus

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Asterite34 posted:

It's like the Battle of Endor where the Ewoks off-screen ate all the Stormtroopers they killed, just with House Elves and Death Eaters

A victory feast Hogwarts would remember

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jazerus posted:

this is just a reformulated version of the knight bus problem, i.e. why does nobody just run voldemort over with the teleporting bus

If I was Voldemort I would simply apparate next to Harry while he was on his annual scheduled visit to Diagon Alley and use my instant death stick to instantly cause death at him.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
One consideration is that any plan to kill Voldemort buys you like twelve years recovery time tops.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A victory feast Hogwarts would remember

the last line in the series is harry asking Kreacher for a sandwich, and he doesn't specify what type

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

stev posted:

If I was Voldemort I would simply apparate next to Harry while he was on his annual scheduled visit to Diagon Alley and use my instant death stick to instantly cause death at him.

If Voldemort was pragmatic enough to do that, he would have simply held a pillow over baby Harry's face until he stopped moving after murdering Harry's parents.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kazzah posted:

the last line in the series is harry asking Kreacher for a sandwich, and he doesn't specify what type

Deleted scene where Harry finds platinum blonde hairs in his corned beef

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

reignofevil posted:

One consideration is that any plan to kill Voldemort buys you like twelve years recovery time tops.

At least that would explain why at the end of Cursed Child, Harry & friends just stand back behind the bushes watching his parents get murdered all over again.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

reignofevil posted:

Sure but now you have 12 years to hunt around for horcruxes.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

reignofevil posted:

It also means that you get to kill Voldemort every twelfth year.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Presto posted:

Sure but now you have 12 years to hunt around for horcruxes.

Nah just let him regen and farm him for XP.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbHWgiGIYU
tldr: Your character is "special" so you start as a new student in year 5
You can be in any of the Houses
the Room of Requirement is used as a kind of customizable base
the Goblin uprising is a major plot point
you have to go to classes but they don't really go into detail on how much time you're going to spend doing that
Combat looks not great. Everybody just kind of stands around and casts spells.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Oh boy, I sure can't wait to help put down a rebellion by one of the Lesser Races!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Nucleic Acids posted:

Oh boy, I sure can't wait to help put down a rebellion by one of the Lesser Races!

You already know the resolution to this: both sides come together to agree on how to solve our problems instead of being so partisan and angry all the time

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah kind of doubt they're going to do any critical thinking about the non human races. See also the house elf that assists your character in the Room of Requirement

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
wands at the ready!

yes I'm lolling about weiners and cum.

expecto racismum!

omfg it actually is a lot of learning various combat styles to murder the evil goblins i feel so good

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 17, 2022

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
is there a button to free the house elf

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

expecto racismum!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
In all seriousness I was kind of interested in seeing how they handled this cursed property, but goddamn did they just make the worst possible choices.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There will be a Goblin character who is on the wizard's side and talk about how they've gone to far and need to be stopped for the good of society, to balance things out.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also gotta love the most self-insert fanfic premise possible with the player character starting Hogwarts in their fifth year because of their ~mysterious~ past. Like holy poo poo this game is going to be such a shitshow.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah kind of doubt they're going to do any critical thinking about the non human races. See also the house elf that assists your character in the Room of Requirement

No, you see, it's the 1800s, so it's actually okay to be a slave owner without guilt.
- That Harry Potter fan you know that simply won't hear a bad word about Rowling.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The thing that's funny to me is that they could have easily just made the player do not steal OC be a transfer student from another school. But instead it's all mysterious prodigy crap.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Speleothing posted:

The thing that's funny to me is that they could have easily just made the player do not steal OC be a transfer student from another school. But instead it's all mysterious prodigy crap.

official HP stuff continuing to fall into the most tired fanfiction tropes imaginable will never not be funny

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Rowling isn't actually involved in the creation of the game and I vaguely remember the devs being against her bullshit so maybe just maybe the narrative won't be terrible (probably not though). I'll probably check the game out second hand so Rowling doesn't get any more of my money :shrug:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

chaleski posted:

Rowling isn't actually involved in the creation of the game and I vaguely remember the devs being against her bullshit so maybe just maybe the narrative won't be terrible (probably not though). I'll probably check the game out second hand so Rowling doesn't get any more of my money :shrug:

She's still gonna make money off the sales of the game regardless.

Honestly from what was shown off the game looks kind of vapid.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Jazerus posted:

official HP stuff continuing to fall into the most tired fanfiction tropes imaginable will never not be funny

You’d think they’d learn after how badly Cursed Child was received, but… here we are now.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I gotta wonder if the game being delayed so long was that Rowling's nosedive in popularity made them go "oh this goblin rebellion is gonna be bad pr."

Maybe it's wizard Spec Ops: The Line and we're going to have to come to terms with casting white phosphorus at the oppressed.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Apparently the player character can learn the killing curse and I'm guessing the game is still going to make them the hero at the end.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Re-enacting the classic moment in Deathly Hallows pt 2 where are heroes mind control a goblin to his death

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Re-enacting the classic moment in Deathly Hallows pt 2 where are heroes mind control a goblin to his death

But it was okay, because he was planning to dick them over first, they just beat him to the punch

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Robot Style posted:

Apparently the player character can learn the killing curse and I'm guessing the game is still going to make them the hero at the end.

There's going to be a twist and the player is gonna turn out to be Grindlewald's grandad or some poo poo, I'm sure of it.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Really hoping we can side with the goblin rebellion, especially if it isn’t given a plausible reason for happening.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It turns out you get to go to Hogwarts only because it’s been a few years since a negligent child death so your parents finally agree you can go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lol it's impossible to do something else than condescending lib poo poo unless you completely upend the setting, doubly so for a prequel

hoping they do Goblin Killmonger