Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Faker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol @ the bears doing a sectarianism

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1504667040577118209

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I can't believe a guy would want to play for a specific team for sentimental reasons. What a dumb nerd

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
When you're getting over a hundred million dollars in a contract does an extra few million actually matter?

Sad to see him go, but glad we got a decent return

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Someone pointed out Davante Adams was still traded for more than DeAndre Hopkins and I made a face

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

At least we can all agree that with the competitiveness of the AFC and the sudden increased weakness of the NFC ipso facto Tom Brady is winning another Super Bowl, god bless

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

sweet thursday posted:

ipso facto Tom Brady is winning another Super Bowl, god bless

Ipso fuckoffo, Lahey

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

AJA posted:

Ipso fuckoffo, Lahey

What goes around is all around.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I personally would lean toward the team that beat Tom Brady and then won the Super Bowl to win the NFC, but that's just me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I'd rather live in Oakland, LA, or Vegas than Green Bay so I'm right with his reasoning here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tinstaach posted:

I personally would lean toward the team that beat Tom Brady and then won the Super Bowl to win the NFC, but that's just me

You've fallen right into his trap, you fool

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
God the NFL is exquisite sometimes

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Sweet lord baby space Jesus please put Antonio Brown and Aaron Rodgers on the same team. Maybe put them on hardknocks too?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Are the Browns eligible for Hard Knocks again yet? I assume no.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Are the Browns eligible for Hard Knocks again yet? I assume no.

quote:

In October 2013 the NFL announced that, in the absence of a team volunteering to participate in Hard Knocks, the league could force a team to participate. Teams are exempt from being forced to participate in three circumstances: (1) they have appeared in the past ten years, (2) they have a first-year head coach, or (3) they reached the playoffs in either of the two preceding seasons

Lions, Jets and Panthers are the only teams eligible this year, fulfilling none of those criteria

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Play posted:

not that I disagree but a child could come up with that 'analysis'

Well yeah, it is Ben McAdoo.

And to think Watson skipped out on Carolina...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1504781435516956688?s=20&t=0NVvmOcXZsg5difOahscVw

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Lions, Jets and Panthers are the only teams eligible this year, fulfilling none of those criteria

If it's the Jets get ready for the CJ Uzomah show.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

If it's the Jets get ready for the CJ Uzomah show.
He's a trip. I think Campbell would be a fun watch but selfishly I haven't watched 'Hard Knocks' in years and Saleh would bring me back.
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1504501727076233220

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

A friendly reminder that Logan Ryan was also the guy who pick6ed Brady's final pass as a Patriot.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

McClain thinks he going to Atlanta

quote:

"I'll be surprised if Watson doesn't go to Atlanta," said McClain, a longtime Texans observer with insight on Watson and his decision making. "Through the years, he's spoken fondly of Atlanta and how much that city and home state mean to him. Family, friends, fans. Good friend and QB coach Quincy Avery. I believe Watson has a home there. It would be an ideal fit."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This would be a very good signing for them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Turns out I'm an idiot and this is a troll account.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1504800944340488193?t=_zGsLDbXr6NgcVa9WiQ7WQ&s=19

Chargers already had like 15 million in practical cap space, I suspect they are angling for Collins, Hicks and resigning some of their free agents

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

McClain thinks he going to Atlanta

At this point, so do I. The lure of home is strong.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I think being close to home probably weighs a little stronger after the terrible poo poo too; if that hadn't happened and we'd been having this conversation last year I'd peg the Saints because I would think he wanted to slot into a ready to go competing team

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fast cars loose anus posted:

I think being close to home probably weighs a little stronger after the terrible poo poo too; if that hadn't happened and we'd been having this conversation last year I'd peg the Saints because I would think he wanted to slot into a ready to go competing team

Though there were reports he wanted a competitive team so maybe he’s just dumb

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Even as a Saints fan though, I think they’re doing Matt Ryan dirty. Basically kicking his rear end out of the door and not letting him leave or retire on his own.

You can argue that the Saints should’ve moved on from Brees one year sooner. In retrospect, we should have. But we let him come back and end his career on his terms. C’est la vie.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though there were reports he wanted a competitive team so maybe he’s just dumb

I wonder if Sean Payton was still in NO if it would swing him. I have to admit I am the guy who would go to the Houston Whatevers in some sport if I were an athlete to try to win them titles so I get that wanting to save your hometown team thing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fast cars loose anus posted:

I wonder if Sean Payton was still in NO if it would swing him. I have to admit I am the guy who would go to the Houston Whatevers in some sport if I were an athlete to try to win them titles so I get that wanting to save your hometown team thing.

At this point, who knows. But I’ve read reports that Sean wasn’t interested in Watson. Could be twitter reporters pulling stuff out of their rear end, but I don’t remember the Saints being mentioned as a suitor for Watson last year the same way the Dolphins and Panthers were.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
After last night's trade Green Bay has the sixth most draft capital using the Fitzgerald-Spielberger NFL draft trade value chart. Seven picks total in the first four rounds.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

At this point, who knows. But I’ve read reports that Sean wasn’t interested in Watson. Could be twitter reporters pulling stuff out of their rear end, but I don’t remember the Saints being mentioned as a suitor for Watson last year the same way the Dolphins and Panthers were.
Even if Sean would say he was interested in Watson and decided he didnt want to stay retired, what would the Saints do? They have a new HC under contract.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Even if Sean would say he was interested in Watson and decided he didnt want to stay retired, what would the Saints do? They have a new HC under contract.

I’m not expecting him to come back, I think it was more of a “if he was still the coach, would that be enough?” question.

But if he had wanted him last year, they could have put out feelers. It’s not like we didn’t go through the QB carousel of poo poo last year.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

After last night's trade Green Bay has the sixth most draft capital using the Fitzgerald-Spielberger NFL draft trade value chart. Seven picks total in the first four rounds.

that's a lot of defensive players to be drafted!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah there is no way they aren’t gonna draft a shiny WR to placate Rodgers

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

With four picks in the first two rounds it seems safe to think that the Packers will take one of the first-round-graded WRs.

kidcoelacanth posted:

that's a lot of defensive players to be drafted!

Packers are actually fairly set for the defense, right now they just really need depth at defensive tackle behind Kenny Clark. I could see the team taking someone like Jordan Davis, Logan Hall, or DeMarvin Leal but I don't think they'll spend a first on any other defensive position.

WR and TE badly need restocking and this is a great class to be drafting them!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This doesn't even make any sense.
https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1504835789737410564

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

I’m not expecting him to come back, I think it was more of a “if he was still the coach, would that be enough?” question.

But if he had wanted him last year, they could have put out feelers. It’s not like we didn’t go through the QB carousel of poo poo last year.
Ahh gotchya, yeah that makes sense.