Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Bloop posted:

Just watch dubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

The Bloop posted:

Just watch dubs

I would but there isn't a dub for the series I was trying to watch.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Since everyone's talking racing, I picked up Gotcha Racing 2nd on a whim and I'm actually having fun with it. It works best as a game I'm barely thinking about as I'm racing/grinding for creds since there's few things to think about once you're in a groove, and it has gacha with money you easily earn in game by racing and placing in top 3, along with their being practically no load times. It's definitely going to be one of my 'games between games' selections.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
These sideline characters are huge lmao, look at these dudes

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ninja Hideaway is loving awesome, goddamn. It's interesting how both the Tour games have the course change depending in what lap you're on, and Shroom Ridge is a lot of fun for its long winding driftable turns. The only one that seems :effort: is Toad Curcuit which is even more basic than Mario Kart Stadium. New courses are fun but I'm hoping get a bit crazier as they come out

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

COCONUT MALL

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Did you download the pack in the eshop? Go to the page for the dlc and there is a download available for expansion pack members.

This is stupid, they should have directed people to the eshop if they had the expansion pass already. Or just like, not have this extra step.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1504684795573391363?s=21
A free pouch! You can put stuff in it!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

So Hogwarts Legacy is coming to the Switch.

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/faq

That's going to be interesting...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not bad, but I prefer this cosmetics bag I ordered for my gaming dice.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

chaleski posted:

Ninja Hideaway is loving awesome, goddamn. It's interesting how both the Tour games have the course change depending in what lap you're on, and Shroom Ridge is a lot of fun for its long winding driftable turns. The only one that seems :effort: is Toad Curcuit which is even more basic than Mario Kart Stadium. New courses are fun but I'm hoping get a bit crazier as they come out

Toad Circuit is the most boring of the bunch, but I do like how that glider ramp doesn't appear until laps 2/3.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Are you able to roll the new Mario Kart tracks on online matches yet? I haven’t found any in the matches.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 18, 2022

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Are you able to roll the new Mario Kart tracks on online matches yet? I haven’t found any in the matches.

No I have the same problem, no idea why

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1504703137298354176?t=D7Y18caAaYQkZ0ynpeSLxg&s=19

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1504703962183733250?t=5ijhiQWL1XAK7W3xOHmoOQ&s=19

New tracks own. Mario Kart owns.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

glassyalabolas posted:

So Hogwarts Legacy is coming to the Switch.

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/faq

That's going to be interesting...

I would guess a cloud version.

I hit the 10,000 screenshot limit on my Switch the other day. Which was the same day I learned there's a limit of 1,000 screenshots that can be saved on the internal storage and 10,000 on a microcard.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

New tracks make me want to get Phone Mario Kart now.

Is it always online on phones?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Iirc you race against fake ghosts that are meant to seem like real players, but they probably force you to be online to complete the illusion.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Seems they're not on the public lobbies til next week

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Twelve by Pies posted:

I finally got around to trying out the Crunchyroll app on the Switch today, and the thing is completely loving unusable unless you either have a paid account

Why not pay for it then?

Also, the crunchyroll app is bad everywhere except in a browser.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waltzing Along posted:

Why not pay for it then?

Also, the crunchyroll app is bad everywhere except in a browser.

The one place where i find it to be good is the Android tv app*

* After years of them not giving a gently caress about it, it finally got patches in ~2021

And the ios app is fine as long as you don't try to use Chromecast.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

But... YouTube said...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm kinda surprised that it's only new tracks, I was expecting some new characters and kart parts to be announced at some point as well. I know they have a lot already but still, Pauline seems a no-brainer.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The new tracks are alright. They would've looked absolutely amazing if they'd had the same amount of dev time as the base game, but it is what it is.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm kinda surprised that it's only new tracks, I was expecting some new characters and kart parts to be announced at some point as well. I know they have a lot already but still, Pauline seems a no-brainer.

I wonder if mario kart 9 is gonna go nuts with characters, smash style. Death Stranding guy peeling out on rainbow road, katamari damacy guy throwing shells. Aloy from horizon zero dawn riding a robotiger. Master chief in a warthog.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The Tour tracks are pretty amazing and goddam, Ninja Hideout.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I wonder if mario kart 9 is gonna go nuts with characters, smash style. Death Stranding guy peeling out on rainbow road, katamari damacy guy throwing shells. Aloy from horizon zero dawn riding a robotiger. Master chief in a warthog.

Nintendo will go full Ubisoft. You only stay with Mario and Luigi as playable characters, and all other characters and vehicles/parts aside from the base kart will be pay.

The battle pass will be Peach/Bowser, palette swaps, and avatars/backgrounds.

It will be glorious.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
And with Nintendo Fun Tokens :v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

These mega-polished Switch titles like SSMU and MK8 make me wonder where the hell they can even go from here. SSBU has so many great extras, would love to see some weirdness in MK9. Like even just an item selection like green shells only, no blue shells, huge racer counts, etc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

djfooboo posted:

These mega-polished Switch titles like SSMU and MK8 make me wonder where the hell they can even go from here. SSBU has so many great extras, would love to see some weirdness in MK9. Like even just an item selection like green shells only, no blue shells, huge racer counts, etc.

I really do think they should just go gently caress it and actually make a new F-Zero. More racer fun while being different enough probably not to cannibalise MK8DX's continued sales too much.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Can't really cannibalize Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sales at this point.

They could just port GX & add online racing. We just need more F-Zero.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Palmtree Panic posted:

Can't really cannibalize Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sales at this point.

I’m pretty sure, having been tracking the digital sales of Mario Kart 8 since 2019, that this last e-shop sale at $40 was basically Nintendo going “we have sold every copy of this game we think we could possibly sell”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m pretty sure, having been tracking the digital sales of Mario Kart 8 since 2019, that this last e-shop sale at $40 was basically Nintendo going “we have sold every copy of this game we think we could possibly sell”

Pretty sure that was right after the DLC was announced, and probably meaning to capitalise on the impulse buyers. It sure worked on me, since I'd given my physical cart to my brother.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bust Rodd posted:

103M switches sold and only 43M copies of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as the top selling Switch game.

How the hell do you own a Nintendo Switch and not Mario Kart at this point?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I think it is time that they brought in other Nintendo IPs, because the MK8 DLC showed that there are a lot of fun worlds that can be made into tracks. Especially the Zelda themed tracks... I want more of those

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wish Nintendo would release a game with like 12, maybe 15 characters instead of cramming 40 different characters into every game.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Mario, Luigi and ten babies

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I wish Nintendo would release a game with like 12, maybe 15 characters instead of cramming 40 different characters into every game.

It's a bloat that plagues a lot of character based games. A lot of people will straight up refuse to buy if their favourite doesn't make the cut, so the roster always expands.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Mario Kart needs more baby characters, specifically Dr. Baby Wario.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s frustrating, because I’m the other side of the coin. Everything I loved about Super Smash Bros is diluted to the point where I am actively repulsed by that games roster. I dumped hundreds of not thousands of hours into Smash with my pals during college/my 20s… hell I even love Solid Snake and Bayonetta! The current form of smash is completely unrecognizable to me

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

It's a bloat that plagues a lot of character based games. A lot of people will straight up refuse to buy if their favourite doesn't make the cut, so the roster always expands.

"A lot of people" or "a small amount of very loud people on the internet"

Like that guy who said that Mewtwo not getting confirmed for Smash on September 11th would be worse than actual 9/11 is not reflective of the average consumer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
More characters means more people picking characters who are not Wario, ergo more Wario for me, a net good.