Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
looking forward to my second round of bonus event coins I have too many of already from DST errors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I keep telling these low APM PUGs the gosu 3+1=5 clock strats, but they just keep hamfisting the ol' DST with the loud Apple alarm method and wiping on the red tornadoes.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Any Red/Lone Knight Gunlancers out there? I feel like I should be going the smart and safe route by going Blue/Combat Readiness and never have to worry about anything as I just soak all damage, but I'm so tempted by explosions, destruction, staggers, counters and just generally having a more active/challenging combat that Red brings. I'm wondering if it would be worth it though: if it is just more work for nothing, as in the added destruction/stagger don't amount to much in a practical sense, then maybe I'll play it safe since Blue is still fun.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Does anyone have a guide on how to most efficiently convert providence stones into skill points/giant hearts/omnium stars?

When should I start spamming honing boosters in T3? I'm tempted to continue holding for the last weapon upgrades like in T2, but my success rates are already down to 30%.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 17, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

FutureCop posted:

Any Red/Lone Knight Gunlancers out there? I feel like I should be going the smart and safe route by going Blue/Combat Readiness and never have to worry about anything as I just soak all damage, but I'm so tempted by explosions, destruction, staggers, counters and just generally having a more active/challenging combat that Red brings. I'm wondering if it would be worth it though: if it is just more work for nothing, as in the added destruction/stagger don't amount to much in a practical sense, then maybe I'll play it safe since Blue is still fun.

Just play blue right now IMO, from what I can tell on Korea at the high end people play mostly blue or "purple" where they do Lone Knight 3 Combat Readiness 1. Red does a lot more weak point which can be useful, but it doesn't do that much more stagger and actually does a bit less raw damage. Blue still brings the same counter skill so nothing changes there, and a lot of people still use Surge Cannon for the massive stagger.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

This time zone saga is starting to really make me laugh, but also kind of worries me. For those not fully aware, the alarm timer is using your local pc time, not server time. Why it is feeding from there and not server time, I don't know and it is kind of worrying that it does. Because of this though, a temporary fix so to speak for fixing lost ark's alerts to be in sync is to actually disabled dst on your PC. Doing so will instantly fix so the alerts and the events are back in sync. Prior to today's patch, the alerts were in fact just as much off. Even though the events were going off on the wrong time, the alerts were still in sync as long as you turned dst off.

It truly baffles me these two systems (alert and actual event) are not pulling from the same data point and counting down from that. There is no reason for it to even look at local time for this.

Also, I noticed now in the patch note for today they actually said it wasn't fixing it fully. This was supposed to just fix the events happening at the times described. It'll be another future patch that'll fix the alert problem.

So it loads an "anti cheat" program for 5+ minutes on launch but doesn't even use the servers clock instead of my PCs.

I can't believe there are so many nots and warp hackers still!

This game was so cool for a couple days but it feels like I'm playing a lovely mobile game where everyone except me is blatantly cheating and nobody cares.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Does anyone know of a good place to read about the playstyle of a class? The maxroll guides give pretty good descriptions of builds and buttons to press, but don't really seem to explain the feel or general gameplan of a class that much.

A brief description of the classes I've played:

Scrapper: Tanky melee that can take more hits than average, but still doesn't really have defensive CDs to absorb the hits. Shock Training Scrapper relies in landing big medium-long animation attacks with cooldowns to match so you're going to be dodging in and out of melee range constantly to position for your attacks looking for an opening in the boss's attack pattern to safely land your big damage hits. When your big hits are down, you continue to debuff the boss with a high uptime damage taken debuff and build up your green bar to spend again. PvP it's a similar story, darting in and out of combat only engaging when you have a clear opportunity to pull off your combo to delete someone from like 60% health.

Bard: Support. Despite seemingly being ranged and being a magician, several of your most important support abilities will require you to be pretty close to the boss or other party members (who are in turn close to the boss if they're melee). Important to rotate buffs/debuff abilities to make sure you don't stack redundant buffs/debuffs at the same time. Ideally, you're going to be just outside of melee range of the boss to avoid boss melee strikes, but you need to stay in range in order to shield your party members and hit your greatest identity generators. In PvP, you're a giant annoying support bot that will slow/CC the enemy team endlessly and peel for your teammates by providing incredible defense buffs and healing for teammates under pressure.

Artillerist: Just started this one. Ranged damage dealer but once again, many of the abilities benefit from being close probably ideally just outside melee range. Many abilities lock you into place for a period before the damage actually comes out (but not nearly as long as Scrapper generally) so you have to be wary of what the boss is doing or else you'll be stuck in the middle of an AoE as a big hit is coming in without a way to cancel your ability to get out in time. Generally this means that if your dash is down, it's probably a good idea to just take that time to reposition for your abilities for when your dash is back up unless you know for sure the boss isn't going to be hitting you within the next 10 seconds. When you fill up identity, you get into a stationary turret that does huge damage but also can't move at all so you better know the boss well enough to not get instantly pasted because you're rooted. To compensate, Artillerist gets two beefy personal shields to just tank a hit in case they get caught in an AoE without a dash. In PvP, you can zone control very effectively and even self peel if you drop your airstrike at your feet if you think you can't get out of the way of an enemy engage. In team matches especially, locking down an opponent with gatling gun or flamethrower really lets your teammates go ham.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

T2 is 100% this games version of elo hell. T1 bosses fall over quickly enough and mechanics aren't punishing. T3, players know what to look for and can generally finish fights in 5-8 minutes. But T2 on my alts, holy fuckin moly. Nobody does stagger checks, nobody flares, nobody counters, etc. I feel like nobody uses potions either.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 17, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How long is the average player even in T1 and T2? Like it doesn’t seem like it’s enough time to justify these dumbass guardian fights.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I've been in t1 for like a month. Because I've been focusing on other side stuff while hitting chaos only on the saily. Never done a guardian raid for example.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

How long is the average player even in T1 and T2? Like it doesn’t seem like it’s enough time to justify these dumbass guardian fights.
I guess 5-14 days, 8-24 days. Then t3 is 4 life. This is for the average player that's trying to push ilvl.

but this really depends on what "average" is. does the average player do chaos everyday, does the average player do guardians at least twice per week & sell the leapstones and buy blue crystals to buy more leapstones, does the average player do abyssals, does the average player do leapstone unas on their main & save the fluff for alts. I don't know, I'd guess not if we are talking true average. But that true average is not trying to push ilvl to begin with and is hopefully having a blast.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 17, 2022

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Zotix posted:

T2 is 100% this games version of elo hell. T1 bosses fall over quickly enough and mechanics aren't punishing. T3, players know what to look for and can generally finish fights in 5-8 minutes. But T2 on my alts, holy fuckin moly. Nobody does stagger checks, nobody flares, nobody counters, etc. I feel like nobody uses potions either.

I have given up on Abyss / Guardians in Tier 2. All my poo poo is at 14 so right now I'm just logging in, doing my Chaos Dungeons, failing some honing and then going to play other poo poo.

I hope what you're saying is true because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Tier 2 group content. It sucks because I really like Abyss Dungeons in particular.

Party Finder isn't much better than Matchmaking - it's either Tier 3 Players who aren't looking for someone who isn't Tier 3 or they're just as bad as Matchmaking.

It's a real slump! But I'll move on eventually, I'm pretty fine with spending an hour or so doing some Una Tasks, maybe an island hop or an event, and my Chaos Dungeons each day. I'm just hoping what you've said here is true and when I get into Tier 3 content "I can finally play the game."

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

iTrust posted:

I have given up on Abyss / Guardians in Tier 2. All my poo poo is at 14 so right now I'm just logging in, doing my Chaos Dungeons, failing some honing and then going to play other poo poo.

I hope what you're saying is true because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Tier 2 group content. It sucks because I really like Abyss Dungeons in particular.

Party Finder isn't much better than Matchmaking - it's either Tier 3 Players who aren't looking for someone who isn't Tier 3 or they're just as bad as Matchmaking.

It's a real slump! But I'll move on eventually, I'm pretty fine with spending an hour or so doing some Una Tasks, maybe an island hop or an event, and my Chaos Dungeons each day. I'm just hoping what you've said here is true and when I get into Tier 3 content "I can finally play the game."

Hopefully you are sending a dispatch out at least.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

iTrust posted:

Get a goon group for Abyssals if you're interested but having poor luck with randos. My first clears were goon carries because I was terrible at the game (now I'm just "pretty bad").

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Cinara posted:

Just play blue right now IMO, from what I can tell on Korea at the high end people play mostly blue or "purple" where they do Lone Knight 3 Combat Readiness 1. Red does a lot more weak point which can be useful, but it doesn't do that much more stagger and actually does a bit less raw damage. Blue still brings the same counter skill so nothing changes there, and a lot of people still use Surge Cannon for the massive stagger.

I think you're right: I keep running time trial tests and such between red and blue and they practically seem tied in terms of dps, but blue provides so much more safety in both shields and mobility (at least from my silly T1 testing, of course, which isn't quite representative of endgame). It's really odd how red has such a penalty associated to it without much to gain from what I can tell: most class engraving pairs are a balance between sustained and burst but this is more like easy vs hard. I like a challenge and red does tickle my fancy in that sense, but I think I gotta make the smart decision and go true blue (and like you say, I can still get some explosions through Surge Cannon)

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Just.. LOL at this point really..

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/yall-messed-up-the-clock-again-with-the-317-maintenance/273274/24

I think they'll get dst fixed when dst ends in October or whatever.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

JuffoWup posted:

Just.. LOL at this point really..

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/yall-messed-up-the-clock-again-with-the-317-maintenance/273274/24

I think they'll get dst fixed when dst ends in October or whatever.

At which point it'll break again.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

FutureCop posted:

I think you're right: I keep running time trial tests and such between red and blue and they practically seem tied in terms of dps, but blue provides so much more safety in both shields and mobility (at least from my silly T1 testing, of course, which isn't quite representative of endgame).

Go to Trixion and talk to Beatrice and go to the training area, you can do actual dps tests there. You can pick any stat balance and engravings you want, though you can't pick gems and the bonus tripod levels from gear so it won't be exactly the same but you can get a decent idea.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Actually the reason they're ending daylight savings in the US is to help out Lost Ark.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
Protip: I disabled DST in Windows settings, manually set the time to the right time, and all the timers in the game work fine now.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
one weird trick Kharmine DOESNT want you to know to fix the game's timers

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
This may seem like a dumb question but how does one use an alt to help their main when it comes to honing?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Many sources of honing mats in game are not bound. So if you have one character in upper T2 about to break into T3 and an alt who just got into T2, you can funnel the unbound mats into the main. So for example, all the mats your alt gets in their chaos dungeon/guardian raid runs and the weekly pirate coin exchange can be funneled into the main to help push them into T3.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

kirbysuperstar posted:

This may seem like a dumb question but how does one use an alt to help their main when it comes to honing?

You get non-character-bound honing mats from daily chaos dungeons and guardian raids. Just shove 'em in your shared storage for your main to use.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Many sources of honing mats in game are not bound. So if you have one character in upper T2 about to break into T3 and an alt who just got into T2, you can funnel the unbound mats into the main. So for example, all the mats your alt gets in their chaos dungeon/guardian raid runs and the weekly pirate coin exchange can be funneled into the main to help push them into T3.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You get non-character-bound honing mats from daily chaos dungeons and guardian raids. Just shove 'em in your shared storage for your main to use.

Oh, right. Guess I was only mousing over stacks that were bound like a clown!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

It’s pretty annoying that all of that poo poo is not roster bound and in your material storage. I don’t need two stacks of everything in my bag at all times.

e: while they’re at it, put consumables in there too. it’s a real bummer to load into an instance on your alt and not have enough potions/bombs/flares/awakening things

Hefty fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 18, 2022

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Hefty posted:

It’s pretty annoying that all of that poo poo is not roster bound and in your material storage. I don’t need two stacks of everything in my bag at all times.

e: while they’re at it, put consumables in there too. it’s a real bummer to load into an instance on your alt and not have enough potions/bombs/flares/awakening things

Awakening shards are tradeable so you can shove them in roster storage for alts to grab from. I dunno about you but i have a ton of battle chests just sitting in my roster storage and grab potions and flares out of those on alts when i need them.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Hellioning posted:

Actually the reason they're ending daylight savings in the US is to help out Lost Ark.

lol

Khorne
May 1, 2002
are you supposed to reroll the 1340 gear until good tripods and/or quality?

can you inventory the tripods if they roll well & then disassemble and reroll for quality too?

I rolled 82 qual on sword first try but I'm not sure if I want to do 90+ or not at 200g per reroll.

Having a hard time finding information. I successfully hit 1370 tonight.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 18, 2022

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Khorne posted:

are you supposed to reroll the 1340 gear until good tripods and/or quality?

can you inventory the tripods if they roll well & then disassemble and reroll for quality too?

I rolled 82 qual on sword first try but I'm not sure if I want to do 90+ or not at 200g per reroll.

Having a hard time finding information. I successfully hit 1370 tonight.

I'd probably stick with the 82 on the weapon, I rerolled mine a few times and just kept getting 50-60's and settled with an 86 or something. I wouldn't bother rerolling for tripods or quality on the armor, you'll get more than enough in the chaos dungeons to throw onto your gear without having to spend all that gold.

Estel
May 4, 2010

FutureCop posted:

I think you're right: I keep running time trial tests and such between red and blue and they practically seem tied in terms of dps, but blue provides so much more safety in both shields and mobility (at least from my silly T1 testing, of course, which isn't quite representative of endgame). It's really odd how red has such a penalty associated to it without much to gain from what I can tell: most class engraving pairs are a balance between sustained and burst but this is more like easy vs hard. I like a challenge and red does tickle my fancy in that sense, but I think I gotta make the smart decision and go true blue (and like you say, I can still get some explosions through Surge Cannon)

Red gunlancer gets a lot better once you get to t3 and you get more stats and tripods. Until then blue with some red skills is much more effective.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The current clock situation did finally break the "rift/boss at server reset" cheese so that isn't possible currently. Who knows what'll happen the next time they try to fix it though lol.

e: Actually, after this morning's hotfix the ingame clock is now correct so that might mean the 6am thing is doable again.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 18, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

The current clock situation did finally break the "rift/boss at server reset" cheese so that isn't possible currently. Who knows what'll happen the next time they try to fix it though lol.

e: Actually, after this morning's hotfix the ingame clock is now correct so that might mean the 6am thing is doable again.

The only thing broken is the timers, the actual events happened at the correct time, nothing has changed in regards to getting an extra boss/gate.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Cinara posted:

The only thing broken is the timers, the actual events happened at the correct time, nothing has changed in regards to getting an extra boss/gate.

Server reset still happened at 6am eastern this morning and no chaos gate spawned. If one had spawned at 5am you wouldn't have been able to do it if you had already done it earlier in the day since it's the same reset.

Now that the hotfix this morning has fixed the clock it should work again though.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 18, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
One QoL thing I really wish this game would implement would be to have the option to sort nearly everything alphabetically. The engravings list and codex search results are two things I really really wish had the option to sort alphabetically to find what I want.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

Server reset still happened at 6am eastern this morning

Oh you're on NA East then who knows, maybe something extra was hosed up on NA East that wasn't on NA West. On west the in game clock was wrong but everything, including reset, was still happening at the correct real life time. Were you using the in game clock to determine when reset was? Cause it would have been incorrect.

Hyper Inferno posted:

One QoL thing I really wish this game would implement would be to have the option to sort nearly everything alphabetically. The engravings list and codex search results are two things I really really wish had the option to sort alphabetically to find what I want.

Did you miss the big By Name button on the engravings page?

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 18, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I was thinking about the engravings chest(s) when I made that post, not the main list, but I did miss that one so that's good to know.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Oh yea lol, the engraving chests are sorted in what feels like a completely random way.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Why is the sunset tier bonus so bad? Do I even bother using the gold for this or just ignore it until the 1370 set of gear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Ignore it. Use the scales to make jewelry instead at the Abyss Trader.