Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Edit: Speaking of card draw:

It's technically a neutral Secret Passage, looks quite strong.

Not technically card draw as you end up with a hand smaller than you started with, but the filtering here is a dream for goofy Wild combo decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Isnt the dredge mechanic a bit like building a side deck? Like you can draw it in reverse at the end but if you can add to and draw from it then it's almost like a mini second deck...

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Doesn't your deck get reshuffled when you shuffle a card into it? How does that work with Dredge? For example if I sink a card one turn and then the other, will both show up in my next Dredge?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Disargeria posted:

Doesn't your deck get reshuffled when you shuffle a card into it? How does that work with Dredge? For example if I sink a card one turn and then the other, will both show up in my next Dredge?

but youre not shuffling a card, youre looking at the bottom and moving one card up. usually those mechanics do not disturb the rest, so your next dredge should be the two you left buried + whatever was right before them

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
The biggest impact dredge will have is that "I can't believe <card and essential combopiece> was the actual last card in my deck!" will be a thing of the past. It will be replaced by complaints about the middle of the deck.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I can't believe Mozaki was my 27th card.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Excelzior posted:

but youre not shuffling a card, youre looking at the bottom and moving one card up. usually those mechanics do not disturb the rest, so your next dredge should be the two you left buried + whatever was right before them

Right but I mean in the context of another card like, spirit shards or whatever that constantly get shuffled into your deck. This seems like it would trigger a reshuffle that negates any attempt to sink a card and Dredge it up unless you do those actions next to each other, combo style.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dredge putting the card on the top of your deck seems really odd. It just seems like you have to have a ton line up for the mechanic to be worth going out of your way for. Having a "skip" button if you don't like any of the cards would feel good at least.

I do think it's funny they talk about clamping down on otk when their new mechanic is a combo mechanic.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Sir Finely is godlike for non-combo control decks. Lot of scenarios esp in control v. control where your hand is full of removal and you can't do anything proactive, Finley gives you a second mulligan sometimes of 6-9 new cards which is crazy good.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Two more Collosi

Gigafin
8 Mana Warlock Legendary
Colossal +1
Battlecry: Devour all enemy minions
Deathrattle: Spit them Out
7/4

Gigafin's Maw
Taunt
Deathrattle: permanently destroy all minions devoured by Gigafin
4/7

Colossal Mech (not real name)
8 mana Mage Mech
Colossal +2
Anytime a friendly Mech attacks deal 1 damage to all enemies
5/7

Drill Fists
Mech
Rush
2/3

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I will shed tears of joy if Mech Mage becomes a thing again. I think it was last viable in the Goblins vs Gnomes set.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

No Wave posted:

Dredge putting the card on the top of your deck seems really odd. It just seems like you have to have a ton line up for the mechanic to be worth going out of your way for. Having a "skip" button if you don't like any of the cards would feel good at least.

Too lazy to look it up, but will there cards left in standard that mess with the top card(s) in your deck?

Altar of Fire at least is still in standard, most of the others (Gnomeferatu, Mischief Maker) are Wild.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Two more Collosi

Gigafin
8 Mana Warlock Legendary
Colossal +1
Battlecry: Devour all enemy minions
Deathrattle: Spit them Out
7/4

Gigafin's Maw
Taunt
Deathrattle: permanently destroy all minions devoured by Gigafin
4/7

Colossal Mech (not real name)
8 mana Mage Mech
Colossal +2
Anytime a friendly Mech attacks deal 1 damage to all enemies
5/7

Drill Fists
Mech
Rush
2/3

Mage mech is the first colossal to really nail the flavor imo. It hitting the table and both fists popping up is gonna feel cool.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'd slightly disagree. Realise we've only seen four so far but currently all the Colossal minions look great and nail the flavour of a BIG monster minion.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The idea of a creature and its mouth acting as independent attacking units feels weird. Mech with two hands makes sense though.

I'd do it differently though. I'd have colossus units share the same panorama art and have the art stretch around as you move parts of it to attack.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
worth mentioning Gigafin does NOT trigger deathrattles

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Blasmeister posted:

Thinking more on it, Dredge seems kinda bad as a standalone card selection mechanic, as the 2nd dredge will presumably include the 2 cards you passed on already. Might be as bold as to say you'll only want it to enable the 'put an insane card on the bottom of your deck' cards. Makes me wonder how many Shuffle effects that see play are around as they might benefit from all this.

Just because you passed on a card the first time doesn't mean you necessarily would in the future. It can be a positive to know your next dredge will guarantee something you can't take now but want later on.

Also, lol joust synergy

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
honestly I feel like something with Dredge for your opponent is much better than Dredge for yourself

neutralising their next draw and also learning what threats they're probably not going to get to use this game both seem pretty powerful tools

e: outside of ridiculous Wild wombo-combo decks I guess

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The Mage Mech makes me hope that Zilliax gets rotated into core for this year. :getin:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Disargeria posted:

This is not worth asking right now, because no one knows what their intent is, and even if we did, there is a strong possibility it will just be coded incorrectly and do something else lmao

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Have they revealed that you can't summon Colossal minions if you don't have space for them, or will they destroy your own minions depending on placement if they're in the way?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RatHat posted:

worth mentioning Gigafin does NOT trigger deathrattles

Deathrattles trigger, just like for Abominable Lieutenant

Card low-key kinda bad (unless you play one of the warlock self-sacrifice spells but that's a two card board clear with a 4 hp body which is ... eh)

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 18, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Also, I'd really like to know how Colossal battlecries will work with Brann and Shudderwock in Wild.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Yeah considering with the way that your deck is reshuffled any time any effect puts anything in your deck or touches it in any way (unless they have recoded the way this works) the whole put stuff at the bottom then do something to get it or put it at the top for the next turn, seems super fragile

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
curse of agony warlock ahoy

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I'd really like to know how Colossal battlecries will work with Brann and Shudderwock in Wild.

They aren't battlecries. Colossal is "when summoned, also summon X of this card's specific extra unit", which is distinct from a Battlecry that summons a specific unit when you play it from hand.

Well, I guess it works with whatever separate battlecries they have, but that doesn't feel like what you're asking.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, they explicitly said colossal doesn't have to be played from hand, so it definitely doesn't follow the same rules as battlecries.

Colossal with bounce or copy effects should be interesting though.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I just tried a few mercenaries PvP queues with the old "three high level guys and three low level guys with zero upgrades" strategy. I'm only matching with bots after a minute of queue time.

Looks like farming bots is back on the menu.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I like how it took almost 9 years for a second card to use the "counter" keyword

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

An easier way to understand it for our smoothbrain players would be "When summoned, summon x"

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1505020010711891971

Two nutty ramp/spell druid cards and another colossal minion. If any of these colossi are playable, silence is gonna be at a premium, they are heavy on taunt and deathrattle so far

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nellie is really cool

EDIT: looking forward to the Trolden clip of someone getting 3 Mr. Smite

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The phantom cheev is still not fixed, and now mysterious strangers softlock the game til you retire the bounty run if you have no uncompleted tasks left. maybe next patch...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm sure that pirate warrior legendary will be cancerous, but that is some A+ flavor

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I feel like Hedra is going to be in that tier where everyone agrees there's potential, but no one can make it work until like 2 sets into next rotation.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I feel like Hedra is going to be in that tier where everyone agrees there's potential, but no one can make it work until like 2 sets into next rotation.

Druid is losing pretty much everything except Guff so 2 sets might even be optimistic

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1505020010711891971

Two nutty ramp/spell druid cards and another colossal minion. If any of these colossi are playable, silence is gonna be at a premium, they are heavy on taunt and deathrattle so far

The art on Gaia's other drill better be flipped, I swear to god

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Baller Ina posted:

The art on Gaia's other drill better be flipped, I swear to god

There's one portrait for each side but identical stats

Even the legendary with 4 tentacles has unique art for each one

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 19, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah they just split up the full art for it so it’s all unique. I think the Demon Hunter one is the biggest art they’ve made for a single card?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They made full art pieces for the colossi and then framed them for the token portraits, the full Xhilag art is up on the press site and it is absurdly wide lol