Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hmm....I wonder if there are any things Biden and the Democrats could do to guarantee people voting for them in 2024.

Nah. It's the voters' responsibility to be scolded or guilted into voting for Democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I hate rich people and their demented children.

absolutely

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Best Friends posted:

one hosts the today show. libs tell themselves that she’s secretly a democrat, or at least they did before all the epic memes about gw during the trump admin fully made the bush family acceptable to the liberal mainstream

they apparently “don’t identify as either party”

they were both doing a lot of stuff in 2004 politically so I guess if they just didn’t want to deal with politics anymore after that good for them

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mods can’t actually be probated but it is funny

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

stolen joke from spider-man (2002)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/fellawhomstdve/status/1504587135613120512

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

they apparently “don’t identify as either party”

they were both doing a lot of stuff in 2004 politically so I guess if they just didn’t want to deal with politics anymore after that good for them

that's bullshit op they're part of the bush clan. their family is the nexus of the republican party

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/JosephWulfsohn/status/1504873897489010727

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fly Molo posted:

for me it’s always gonna be this

something about the look on his face here just haunts me

Last time I saw a smile like that the court ended up switching them off life support.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/playbookdc/status/1504764388573593602

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

lmao yes we can

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah, but they have to mod QCS so who really suffers more here?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1504554642939822080

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Azathoth posted:

lmao yes we can

Quick, start saying the r word while he's down!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lib and let die posted:

DnD are Republicans pretending to give a poo poo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

Ruffian!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there would be a fight scene of arnold vs Steven seagal and then arnold would win and it would impress putin so he'd decide to listen to what arnold had to say

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lib and let die posted:

ROBINETTE

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Lib and let die posted:

Rumpelstiltskin.

I guess voters are failing the Democrats by not voting hard enough. Ah well....nothing to be done.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Azathoth posted:

lmao yes we can

no more cops

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
imagine still believing in electoralism as a leftist after 2016 and 2020 lol

your brain would be so smooth it'd have to be considered a superfluid

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

Murphy said that Democrats have ditched their big-tent mantra since taking over Washington, and that it’s imperiling their majority. “My first term … there was a lot more tolerance for, ‘Do what you need to do to hold your seat, and come back because we’re trying to build towards [a] majority,’” Murphy said. “With us being in the majority, that tolerance eroded a bit. It’s unfortunate, because I think in order for us as Democrats to hold the majority, you have to be able to win in seats like mine and in redder seats. That means you have to cut your members a little bit of leeway to vote their district. This march towards party unity is going to be detrimental to our ability to lead.”

For Murphy, it started like this: Some on the left accused her of being “anti-immigrant” for backing the GOP-authored “Kate’s Law,” a proposal to increase penalties on people who are convicted of crimes, are deported and reenter the U.S. illegally. “I believe in immigration and comprehensive immigration reform and the ability for people to immigrate to the United States in a legal way,” said Murphy. “But I also believe in law and order, and ensuring that we hold people who commit crimes accountable.”

But it got worse when it came to trying to pass Biden’s agenda, and what Murphy called an effort by leadership to “beat moderates into submission.” “I can’t tell you the number of times I said, ‘You can’t keep promising rainbows and unicorns when your political reality is such narrow margins in the House and a dead-even Senate,’” said Murphy. “They took the difference between rainbows and unicorns and political reality — which is anger and disappointment — and turned that anger and disappointment against their own members.”

The dems are really laying the groundwork to blame the left.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

bedpan posted:

Laying the groundwork? They are actively blaming the left right now for just about everything. It's not something they are building up to haha

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

lmao yes we can

right but you can still post and push buttons

Shear Modulus posted:

that's bullshit op they're part of the bush clan. their family is the nexus of the republican party

yeah but they don’t do public events for the party like Chelsea Clinton does.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/lenadunham/status/1352299951460667392

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

bedpan posted:

Evergreen post.

The only thing that changes is what the leaders consider 'the left' to be. It now includes things like 'having a functioning government'

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
It's just not believable when "the left" doesn't even have a little bit of power and the few people who you could reasonably claim are part of it are doing 100% of what the party wants.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Substandard posted:

It's just not believable when "the left" doesn't even have a little bit of power and the few people who you could reasonably claim are part of it are doing 100% of what the party wants.

Everyone who matters believes it anyway. What are they gonna do? Introspect and come to the realization that they've been wrong the whole time?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

:confused: seems like no one gives a poo poo about it anymore

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

bag em and tag em posted:

Everyone who matters believes it anyway. What are they gonna do? Introspect and come to the realization that they've been wrong the whole time?

They're not trying to convince anyone of anything. The reflexive blaming of the left is their own rationalization for having unified control of government and somehow still never being able to get poo poo done.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Azathoth posted:

lmao yes we can

reports of a mod-involved probing are coming in...

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

bedpan posted:

Context: https://www.orlandoweekly.com/orlan...ent?oid=5350132

Orlando Weekly posted:

But more importantly, Kate's Law bolsters penalties for undocumented immigrants who want to re-enter the United States even if they have no criminal history, which includes people who are seeking to apply for asylum and even those who have permission to re-enter the country. ...

Kate's Law also unnecessarily imposes harsh penalties for petty misdemeanors like loitering or driving a car without a license, which can now lead up to a possible 10-year prison sentence for immigrants. ...

But arguably the worst part of this bill is that it blocks immigrants’ ability to challenge prior removal orders, which is a clear violation of the constitutional right to due process, says the ACLU.

Politico posted:

Some on the left accused her of being “anti-immigrant” for backing the GOP-authored “Kate’s Law,” a proposal to increase penalties on people who are convicted of crimes, are deported and reenter the U.S. illegally.

looking back and forth between the two quoted passages and squinting

even from the bill summary

HR 3004 posted:

The bill provides that an alien who has been excluded, deported, removed, or denied admission, or who has departed the United States while under an outstanding order of exclusion, deportation, or removal, and who subsequently crosses or attempts to cross the border into the United States, shall be fined, imprisoned not more than two years, or both. ("Crosses the border" refers to the physical act of crossing the border, regardless of whether the alien is free from official restraint.) ...
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3004

Establishment Democrats already generally say Republicans are anti-immigrant for not wanting a pathway to citizenship, referring toward undocumented immigrants, but it only becomes beyond the pale when it is directed internally at Democrats

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 21:21 on Mar 18, 2022

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

“we control government and don’t actually want to do anything. this must be someone else’s fault”

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I've probed a mod and I'm not even a mod

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
"rainbows and unicorns"

What are the democratic admin's legislative initiatives that are impractical enough that the democrats regard them as "rainbows and unicorns"?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

hobbesmaster posted:

what ever happened to dubya’s daughters anyway? they only ever got caught underage drinking, maybe they can be good role models

Jenna Bush is one of the hosts of the Today show

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

I'm 90% certain this is a line from the toby McGuire spiderman

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Last time I saw a smile like that the court ended up switching them off life support.

lol it’s uncanny isn’t it

Lib and let die posted:

cspam modded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the r word