Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Pragmatica posted:

lmao this video for the title song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_Gtwdnp1Q

hahahahaha this sport is moving toward maximum silly

This song is kind of a jam, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Mercedes is just sandbagging like always right guys?

:ohdear:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

he looks a bit like richard bacon, also kind of a funny name

He's more into coke than krack

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

yeah mid season they will deploy the crash into the other guy to win 30 points mode

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Residency Evil posted:

The sandbags will come off on Sunday around 2pm

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

sure, but the video is very confusing lol

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Is B&O sponsoring Williams not a new thing? I haven't seen it on the car before...

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

he looks a bit like richard bacon, also kind of a funny name

my 'celeb story' is that i moonwalked into Richard Bacon outside capital radio around 2006

he gave me a look of disdain

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Haas will take the early season lead and the cost cap will keep the other teams from closing the development gap, they win the WCC Brawn style. Guenther ascends to the heavens.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

A Real Happy Camper posted:

f1 removing the plc for practice is trash tier, it was hands down the best place to watch the non-race sessions.
They didn't remove it. The "main feed" was the old PLC and the "international" feed was the one with Croft. I watched the whole FP2 without Croft.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Also 99% chance Sharles and Max will wreck each other.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Carlos WDC

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
My original prediction at the end of last season was the Ferrari would have the best car but would gently caress up managing two equally good drivers and Lando would end up WDC. I now realise that was incorrect and that the WDC will be Checo as McLaren have made a bin car for bin men.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iKHJXnV4hA

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

My prediction in December that 2022 would be a fight between Max and Ferrari is coming ever more into focus.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKr4dhxIwZ0

10 years

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Reminder that Horner had a 50-50 business partnership with Lukoil and managed "Team Russia" in 1999

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They should freeze the assets of everything that Horner is involved with

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAirINwjaxE

that loving jukebox scene

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

MustardFacial posted:

Feels a little lacking in oomph compared to the source material, IMO.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

My girl Charli getting that money. :toot:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Asleep Style posted:

any day now mercedes will take off the sandbags

They'll take them off during Q3 - wow our car was so terrible, we worked some things out after FP3 and it's really good to get a front row lockout by 0.75 seconds.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

First The Eagles, and now Dire Straits?

yikes.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

MustardFacial posted:

yikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3RQE_ruy5Q&t=6s

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A perfect fit for a Ferrari fan

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://racer.com/2022/03/18/no-short-term-fix-for-mercedes-hamilton/

quote:

Hamilton says the best hope Mercedes has at present is to fight for third quickest behind Red Bull and Ferrari.

“I’m just realistic. At the moment — like I told you last week — we’re not going to be in the race for a win here. If you look at the Red Bulls they’re a long, long way ahead — it’s in the region of 0.8-0.9s ahead of us, and Ferrari is something like 0.5-0.6s ahead of us, so we’re scrapping with whoever’s behind them.

“My mindset is still just trying to be the best I can be, get the most out of the car. It’s not ideal but it is what it is and we’ll work together as a team tonight and try to fix it.”

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
After all these years, will Sir Lewis be able to handle driving an also-ran of a car? Could make for some tense radio exchanges and Instagram sabbaticals.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

marshalljim posted:

After all these years, will Sir Lewis be able to handle driving an also-ran of a car? Could make for some tense radio exchanges and Instagram sabbaticals.

Lewis is going to flounder around in the midfield and then retire. And then Mercedes will leave the sport in disgrace and all of the Merc shills will jump on the next band wagon team. Probably Red Bull.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

yikes.

The irony is people give Knopfler poo poo for not conforming to the rock and roll mould of his time because he was more committed to his craft. Same with the Eagles, Frey and Henley focused on being the best they could be rather than cultivating an image.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

Lewis is going to flounder around in the midfield and then retire. And then Mercedes will leave the sport in disgrace and all of the Merc shills will jump on the next band wagon team. Probably Red Bull.

the McLaren bandwagon has already been anointed, op

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Hah, it looks like Lewis is already being outpaced in FP1 and 2 now that he has an actually competent teammate. I'm glad he is finally being exposed, it probably won't last long now.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Bottas never once looked better than Hamilton in practice sessions, only for Hamilton to find a chunk of time in quali, of course

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

I will never have a positive feeling about the fraudulent Red Bull team let alone support and cheer for them!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Christian Horner moved to McLaren I would actively wish for the downfall of the papaya boys

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Still early to get in on the Scud team.
A beautiful red curvy dream machine driven by two handsome lads who mean well.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

If Christian Horner moved to McLaren I would actively wish for the downfall of the papaya boys

The Papaya boys would leave the sport rather than be managed by horny horner

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

please don't say such scary things! :shudder:

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

marshalljim posted:

He raced for McLaren for 6 years, OP

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

McLaren own though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
It is an unfortunate truth that Ferrari seem to be the only legitimate possibility of defeating the fraudulent max and the despicable horner this season. It gives me no pleasure to say this but all right thinking motorsport fans need to support their sexy car with an obviously cheating engine.