Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Wooooo Panthers

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1504897116698816521?s=20&t=4T2RXhRySJVCWkA2cha_fw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

MJeff posted:

Seahawks you can just sign Kaepernick and he'll be cheaper and not cost any picks and probably be better. Jesus Christ.

I assure you that Baker and Ryan will both be better than Kaepernick, who hasn't played a single NFL down since 2016. 6 years is a long time.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Is DJ getting that Christian Kirk money?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Darnold needs weapons.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
... gently caress, sure, I'll take Baker or Matt Ryan as our QB.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guess we know who got offered as part of the Watson trade.

Moore absolutely deserves an extension. He’s one of the better young WRs in the league.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Just all the loving misteps

https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland...what-comes-next

quote:

Over the years, Mayfield, according to multiple sources, had grown increasingly frustrated with a franchise that had made him the fourth quarterback in NFL history to play for four different head coaches in his first three seasons. After Mayfield led the Browns to their first playoff victory in 26 years just 14 months ago, the team signaled last offseason it was still unsure he was the long-term answer, refraining from engaging Mayfield’s camp on extension talks.

Gradually, those tensions grew.

This week, they rapidly boiled over.

“It’s just sort of a cumulative effect,” a source said. “He’s ready to try to find somewhere else.”
-----

Sources, however, had described his Jan. 7 exit interview with coach Kevin Stefanski as productive. And his rehabilitation from the Jan. 19 surgery to repair the labrum is ahead of schedule.

After Cleveland traded for Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper on March 12, Mayfield reached out to Cooper, hoping to get him and Cleveland’s other pass-catchers in Mayfield’s hometown of Austin, Texas, for an offseason workout, similar to ones he’d held in the past.
-------

"We fully expect Baker to be our starter,” Berry said in January, “and bounce back.”

At the combine in February, Berry did tell Mayfield’s agent the Browns might pursue an All-Pro-caliber quarterback, like Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers, according to a source familiar with the conversation. Mayfield’s camp was also aware that short list could eventually include Watson, even with 22 civil cases pending alleging inappropriate behavior and sexual assault during massage sessions.

But last Friday, when a Texas grand jury declined to pursue criminal charges against Watson, the Browns made an aggressive move to land him.

That alone didn’t upset Mayfield, multiple sources said.

What did offend the 26-year-old was learning over social media -- instead of from the Browns directly -- that they were flying to Houston to meet with Watson.

“They didn’t inform Baker ahead of time, just as a courtesy,” one source put it. “It played out so publicly, it was just very insulting. ... It really angered Baker.”
------

Multiple sources, however, said the breaking moment for Mayfield came the following day.

On Wednesday, ESPN NFL insider Chris Mortenson reported a Browns source had told him that the team wanted to replace Mayfield with “an adult at that position.”

Thursday, not long after the Browns learned they’d been eliminated from Watson’s list, Mayfield requested his trade.
-----

The Browns currently have no plans to visit Mayfield in person, according to multiple sources.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 18, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns incapable of not loving up. Story at 11.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol Baker isn't even mad about them trying to replace him, he just wants like one iota of professional respect and the Browns can't even manage that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

HOLY gently caress
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1504907155056611336

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Beetlejuice laughing

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1504907130477981699

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Whatever you think of Baker he's the best QB the franchise has had since Bernie Kosar. He's the only one since then to contribute to a Browns team that looked at any point like a relevant Super Bowl contender. Cleveland has done him dirtier than that Cheesecake Factory parking lot blow job.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AHAHAHAHA WHAT

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lol holy poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

COME THE gently caress ON

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Just amazing :lol:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

heh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Who's That? Brooooooooooooooown

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JUST SOME loving BULLSHIT EVERY GOD drat DAY THIS WEEK gently caress YOU CLEVELAND

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's about to get scary in Cleveland

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The AFC man. Are Kyler and Dak the only decent QBs under 30 in the NFC?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Welp we're the Steelers now lmao

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Now suspend his sex pest rear end plz

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well there you go.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

AndrewP posted:

Now suspend his sex pest rear end plz

Watch it be a season+ lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm happy and sad for Browns fans all at once. It would be very Browns to go full Steelers evil and not get a ring out of it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1504907491888537605

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what the gently caress

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Finally the market can start moving and I can finally know which QB will spend exactly one year starting for the Colts

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WE HAD ONE MORE loving YEAR ON BAKER WITHOUT HAVING TO DO THIS YOU DUMB FUCKS

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Holy fuckin poo poo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This offseason has been loving wild

skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

It's about to get scary in Cleveland

for masseuses

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A little over 10 million for each woman he sexually assaulted

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Oh my god what if Baker is part of the deal and he has to go to Houston

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not a Browns fan but I have been rooting for them for quite a while out of sympathy. So much for that!

I hope poor Baker isn't going to HOU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ME IRL