Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
At least sofubi doesn't shatter. Typcally.

I saw some pictures of vintage super robot collections that were heartbreaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Older Sofubi can get brittle- I’ve had a few over the years fall and lose eye stocks and horns 😕

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I dunno if anybody else is a fan of the Yoskay Yamamoto sofubi, but Giant Robot dropped a new glow-in-the-dark version of Dongo.

Yeah, I'm gonna be livin' that double Dongo lifestyle...

In other news, Creature Bazaar did a drop today that I missed because Gmail shuffled their email to my promotions folder instead of my inbox. Booooo, I was keen on those Headlock ducks.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

I dunno if anybody else is a fan of the Yoskay Yamamoto sofubi, but Giant Robot dropped a new glow-in-the-dark version of Dongo.

Yeah, I'm gonna be livin' that double Dongo lifestyle...

In other news, Creature Bazaar did a drop today that I missed because Gmail shuffled their email to my promotions folder instead of my inbox. Booooo, I was keen on those Headlock ducks.

i'm supposed to put this up my rear end, right?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I won a slot in the King Smog lottery :toot:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I won a slot in the King Smog lottery :toot:

Hell yeah! Contgrats!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Stickup Monsters is having another drop including a one-off Witch Cat Lulu- I really need to get him to paint me one someday.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Awesome! Super fun with the cape! Do you know when it'll drop?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sunday at 11am EST along with some other great originals including a new yokai he's made!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nice, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1507067942231429121?s=21

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

^^^ I'm excited to see what it winds up looking like!

Popular resin toy the Bog Dweller is up, in vinyl, at the Clutter Gallery: https://clutter.co/shop/bog-dweller-vinyl-frog-breath-green-glow-edition/

I've contemplated picking one up before, but I'm not crazy about resin. Anyhow. It's in green!, but the price seems a bit hypebeast for 6".

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Everything Elgab is a joy. Fantastic collection, Gatos!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

^^^ I'm excited to see what it winds up looking like!

Popular resin toy the Bog Dweller is up, in vinyl, at the Clutter Gallery: https://clutter.co/shop/bog-dweller-vinyl-frog-breath-green-glow-edition/

I've contemplated picking one up before, but I'm not crazy about resin. Anyhow. It's in green!, but the price seems a bit hypebeast for 6".

I never know where to price my own stuff, so I can't throw stones. It is on the small side, but there's labor time in the assembly and accessories. Probably packaging too. Shipping costs may never go back down, etc.

Glow in the dark vinyl materials are getting much more expensive. Sad for me, a glow enthusiast.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, I'd guess costs vary even depending on where it's being pulled. Hopefully, I didn't come across as throwing stones. I'd love to grab one, but just had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the price. Seemed high with it having no paint; although I didn't consider the GID aspect. I do think it's really cool that it's an open pre-order.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Glow has gone substantially up in price but ouch at $150 for a 6" figure. At the same time I've paid $200 for an 8" GID so 🤷🏻‍♂️

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Elegab

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Gorgeous collection.

Nari is a genius, and I hope his art gets the recognition it deserves.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Yeah, I'd guess costs vary even depending on where it's being pulled. Hopefully, I didn't come across as throwing stones. I'd love to grab one, but just had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the price. Seemed high with it having no paint; although I didn't consider the GID aspect. I do think it's really cool that it's an open pre-order.

You didn't and yeah, lack of paint apps is a bit of a bummer. For me, I try to cover as many price points as I can, including incredibly expensive figures I don't really want to part with.

Also, new Baltan:

https://twitter.com/maxtoyco/status/1508933496877637635

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It finally came! Don’t Cry In The Morning’s Ramen Kun!

It came with a little omake as well-

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

What's the pink guy with the clock on his head? I love the colors on that one!

Ramen vendor man is great! I moved last summer and found a ramen place near me that's amazing. I feel like I have to get dinner there now.

Failson posted:

You didn't and yeah, lack of paint apps is a bit of a bummer. For me, I try to cover as many price points as I can, including incredibly expensive figures I don't really want to part with.

Cool cool. Haha, that's one way to keep stuff around!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

What's the pink guy with the clock on his head? I love the colors on that one!

That's Gakkon- the school kaiju- he has a traditional school clock tower on his head and a running track on his stomach. The hot pink was the only colorway I've ever found of him.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I was wondering about the circles on his stomach; that's fun.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hot drat! Another figure I pre-ordered months ago came in! It's MATANGO- this Toho Maniacs figure was made through the Premium Bandai site iirc along with X-Plus. A realistic style sofubi with a minimum of articulation (just the arms) with a great price point of $50. Higher than the usual Bandai kaiju but far lower than the usual realistic style sofubi. I'm a bit sad that I didn't order a second one to potentially paint but such is life.

Matango is my favorite of the old Toho monster movies, with a really creepy aura about it. I even bought the Japanese blu ray as it's the only way to get a high definition version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaWmcE4CSH0

It's a really great sculpt and looks completely seamless other than the arms, I'm super impressed.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bandai finally coming out with soft vinyls of Salunga and Jet Jaguar PP

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
In love with the Omake for Ramen Kun!

And indeed, that's a fantastic Matango. If anyone hasn't seen it, absolutely worth checking out.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Bandai finally coming out with soft vinyls of Salunga and Jet Jaguar PP

That Salunga sculpt has a bit of a retro feel to it. I could be imagining that. It would be fun to get Bullmark style figures of the Singular Point designs.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Honestly I’m surprised someone like Yamomark or Sunguts hasn’t done just that yet.

Edit: hell or even Bullmark themselves.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Honestly I’m surprised someone like Yamomark or Sunguts hasn’t done just that yet.

Edit: hell or even Bullmark themselves.

Indeed.

Also it seems weird that there's never been Pacific Rim sofubi. I assume licensing is to blame.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Kik Kake iron monkey blanks are up for sale

https://sidekik.store/products/iron-monkey-1_y-p-blanks

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Okay, I'm feeling dense here... I signed up for Zen Market for the M1 Hedora on bicycle release, but I haven't seen it hit the store yet. The M1 site says the deadline is Mid-April. Am I able to send Zenmarket this page: http://www.m1go.com/news/ or does it have to hit the official store (https://m1go.stores.jp/)?

Also, I missed the Galaxy People drop this weekend by less than a minute :negative:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'd say guide them to the news page an in the description put "Hedorah Tricycle (【ヘドラ三輪車】ハワイ版ピンクカラー)" . If they have any questions they will message you back on the Zenmarket page.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Hmm, okay. I'll give that a shot, thanks.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah they have to email to order it, it’s not included on the shop page.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:toot: Marmit GID Mothman arrived! :toot:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Aw dang that thing is wild!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That's rad! Reminds me of Gossamer from Looney Tunes. Does it glow in the dark?

I got my Gargamel Lucky bag in yesterday! I was super jazzed to get the green tetrans, and the micros are a ton of fun.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 5, 2022

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone able to make a purchase on Rakuten Japan before? There's a MaxToy Ultraman / Kaiju drop on there (https://item.rakuten.co.jp/arktz/c/0000000687/), but getting signed up or purchasing seems impenetrable.

Also, managed to swap the Gargel Thrashout Hedo for a pink / blue Kumon which is super rad. I'll have to take some pictures when I get a moment.

Edit: Looks like It can be purchased through ZenMarket.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 11, 2022

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Slow couple of weeks around here, haha. Got a few new pick ups in the mail.

One up Ultraman lottery:

That pastel colorway is quite unique, haha.

This guy from Mandarake:

Everything domino'd before I could get an updated group shot.

And traded the Gargamel Hedorah for this guy:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Love your collection updates! Have yet to see one of the Max Toy Ultramen that I don't like.

Sorry for the light posting, it's been an eternal winter for me lately.

Should have a new wave of Flying Saucers up this weekend. Hopefully.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah same here- I have 4 things on pre-order but June seems like the earliest those will show up. I have a bunch of Bandai kaiju that I have to get to painting but that's really about it. I've been having to cut back on a lot of purchases overall as I've got to get down some debt I accumulated during the pandemic's biggest crush. And then I've got to go back into more debt to replace my car that got totaled now during the worst time to buy a car in years and years. :sigh:

Edit: Nari just tweeted that the molds for the new Jura Doublenga figure should be done this week and then he's getting some masks made, so he's expecting the first release to be sold in July.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 20, 2022

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Failson posted:

Love your collection updates! Have yet to see one of the Max Toy Ultramen that I don't like.

I've sort of caught the Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all bug. I've got a real love / hate going on right now with the gold lame one. I think I may be in love with gold glitter, but that red is the lipstick color of a crazy auntie or something, haha.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

And then I've got to go back into more debt to replace my car that got totaled now during the worst time to buy a car in years and years. :sigh:

Uggh, good luck on the car hunt.

My step-dad has been looking to buy a new car and they dealer told him it could be 18 months. He's not sure his truck is gong to last that long. Right now if he doesn't disconnect the battery terminal when he turns the truck off it drains the battery. So he has to hook / unhook it every night and morning, lol; and used cars are costing as much as new cars.

Is the Jura Doublenga the Pterodactyl sculpt he's been working on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh hey! I had forgotten I ordered this just before my car accident and it just came yesterday. Kikake Toy Iron Monkey! I’ve seen these on social networks for year but never had a chance to get one. These mixed color blanks came up for a really reasonable price (the painted ones are very elaborate and understandably expensive). The sculpt is really fantastic and expressive; this ghastly chimp is amazing!