Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Schubalts posted:

Shikamaru's powerset is extremely helpful in fights, though. He just needs to hit Code with a single shadow binding and the fight will skew massively in their favor, whether Code can break free or not. Shikamaru's powerset is only balanced out by him being a lazy rear end in a top hat as a kid, and that people who know what he's fully capable of would never give him the chance. In a group fight against one person, Shikamaru is some of the best backup around.

That’s true.
I just don’t have much faith in the current writing to be able to do Shikamaru justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I worry that it's just gonna be hurr hurr, the space between worlds is darker than any shadow, you drop into one of your little claw marks and you're never coming back out again

followed by several panels of code clawing their way out of a scratch mark with a bunch of hands trying to drag him back in, finished with Boruto sage punching his rear end back into the hole for good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In regards to the anime, looks like Sarada’s a Chunin now. Makes sense honestly

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I mean, the best asset Shikamaru can offer is the IQ he used to have, and the strategies he can come up with the power sets at his disposal.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Decent episode this week, Sarada becoming a Chunin makes sense and we even got a rare tactical use for the Sexy Jutsu.

Next time: Kawaki teams up with Denki’s squad, could be interesting.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mangaplus link

You know what, this was an awesome chapter and I look forward to next week.

There is no way Amado isn't using that "empty" Karma to take over Kawaki.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Lmao, job well done Shikamaru.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't believe Rasengun is loving canon

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Good on Momishiki for always being the worst.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't believe Rasengun is loving canon

*is loving cannon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Chapter:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1012638

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Okay, that's pretty cool.

Momoshiki is just going to heal Boruto right up isn't he? This is going to end up pointless.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Can't believe the whole flashforward in chapter 1 was just Boruto's dying dream.

More seriously, if we want to talk about power creep Amado has risen the bar.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I saw that Naruto vs Sasuke parallel, manga, don't think you're being clever

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I can’t believe that Boruto is loving dead (but seriously I’m curious what kind of asspull they’re going to do to get out of this situation)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The curse marks are going to fight and destroy themselves in a new body / the curse marks turn into their own monster! Nah probably not though.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
It was a really good twist to have it seem like Boruto regaining control would convince Kawaki to back down and then no, Boruto also wants to kill Boruto.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-67/chapter/23796?action=read

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Didn't expect that to be the end of the Ohtsutsuki in Boruto but good riddance. Only Isshiki had any style.

Even if I'm the only one, I still love Code's claw portals. Him yanking Damon out of his head cracked me up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Huh. Didn't expect that to be the end of the Ohtsutsuki in Boruto but good riddance. Only Isshiki had any style.

Even if I'm the only one, I still love Code's claw portals. Him yanking Damon out of his head cracked me up.

Same actually. That’s not an asspull, that’s a headpull. I really enjoyed this chapter. Loved Kawaki shrinking the claw marks. Loved the Ishiki save twist.

Good chapter.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
even though I still don’t like code and audibly groaned when daemon started talking this was a great chapter. It had that real clever use of jutsu that make naruto fights great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-68/chapter/24086?action=read

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I was wondering when she'd show up

Both of them, actually

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It's nice that the story's been chugging along after what's felt like chapters upon chapters of waiting around. Also lol I was so ready to lament how STUPID Shikamaru would have to be to not notice a bigass leather belt glued to his neck but it wound up being a really good ploy

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 18, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

I forget, when was it revealed that Delta was an android (or whatever she’s supposed to be since Shikamaru mentioned “reprogramming” her?

Her first fight.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Her first fight.

Ah right, nevermind

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

It's nice that the story's been chugging along after what's felt like chapters upon chapters of waiting around. Also lol I was so ready to lament how STUPID Shikamaru would have to be to not notice a bigass leather belt glued to his neck but it wound up being a really good ploy

Yep. It was a good chapter. Also, lol at Code not realizing that threatening to kill Amado gets him exactly nothing,

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

TheHan posted:

I was hoping he'd bring up the fact that Code was talking alone and they could use it to figure out the assets the enemies had at their disposal, but this was still good and more in line with the characterization of Shikamaru that I learned to expect.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I really appreciate how dumb Code is.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-69/chapter/24196?action=read

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

You know what, this was a cool chapter.Shikamaru was always low key a favorite of mine and he's doing good work in these past 2 chapters even though everyone around him is god tier broken.
Also lol at bad dad Sasuke

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Nice gambit from Shikamaru.

No blood relation between Amado and Eida.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Of course it's chapter 69 where we get to see Eida's infatuation ability debut

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Finally Bort becomes the High School Dating Manga I've always wanted it to be! :syoon:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
drat it ok, I said Eida’s power sucks rear end (and I still feel a type of way about it) but it’s being shown off real well this chapter and I like how it’s being countered. If this keeps up I might start liking this gaggle of tacky losers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still kind of curious how Kawaki winds up going nuts and destroying the village as we saw in the flash forward at the beginning of the series (Boruto himself looks a little older there as well so we’re probably going to get a timeskip eventually)

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
My current theory is Amado incarnates using the “blank” karma he gave kawaki

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheHan posted:

My current theory is Amado incarnates using the “blank” karma he gave kawaki

I believe his head in that scene did show the telltale signs of being possessed so you’re probably on to something there (I’m also gonna guess that Boruto wasn’t the only survivor of the attack)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, future Kawaki doesn't really line up with the current one. There are a lot of paths there for it to be someone else, it just becomes a bit of a bait and switch since Boruto still calls him "Kawaki".